If Marvel reboots Blade: The Daywalker who should play Blade?

It would be fun to tie it into the marvel u somehow. Like all the vampires are targeting captain America because they want the super soldier blood and blade has to rescue him and keep him safe

That would be kinda funny. Super Serum Vampires. Though seriously I'd just have Blade deal with vampires, undead and maybe even demons. He could team up with Ghost Rider though (Norman Reedus for Johnny Blaze).

I'm ok with a lot of vampires in a vampire hot spot as canon fodder is necessary for these kinds of stories

Gosh I'm actually dying to see that now. That would be mental.

What about creatives? Who would you like to see make the Blade remake?

I'm ok with a lot of vampires in a vampire hot spot as canon fodder is necessary for these kinds of stories

Well, yeah. I just wouldn't have one of those hot spots be in a major first world city. At least not in any old and longstanding sense. If Dallas has a hundred vampires running around it, this should probably be because someone went on an embracing-spree in the last year or so.

I could see Joe Cornish (Attack the block) doing it really well. They should mix horror and classic action together

If vampires are canon fodder there is nothing scary about them.
I know a lot of people love a full on all action hack and slash killing hundreds of enemies.
I'd prefer more of only a few but truly powerful and challenging foes. Make it a bit more of a thriller and him a hunter of hunters.
It will also make it easier to elevate the threat in sequels.

Last edited:
Robert Rodriguez would be amazing! Barry Jenkins would be amazing too. Marvel do love their indie darlings

Last edited:
If vampires are canon fodder there is nothing scary about them.
I know a lot of people love a full on all action hack and slash killing hundreds of enemies.
I'd prefer more of only a few but truly powerful and challenging foes. Make it a bit more of a thriller and him a hunter of hunters.
It will also make it easier to elevate the threat in sequels.

You could always split the difference. There are vampires, who are few and singular and powerful. However, vampires have the ability to create ghouls or spawn or whatnot, which are *not* vampires, but are supernaturally empowered and useful as mooks.

I say trevante Rhodes if he doesn't get picked for GL.

What about someone who isn't already in the mcu? Lol

I wonder if this would be a good one for Doctor Voodoo to make his appearance in? Doctor strange would be cool but it's hard to slot him into a plot with Nightmare

EoNhe6R.jpg

Lennie James all the way!

A British actor who can bring Blade back to his Soho roots, who is already very popular thanks to his great work on The Walking Dead and can give us a different portrayal of Mr. Brooks than Snipes' more brash version.

A lot of comics depict Blade as a very asocial, paranoid man, fighting a losing war against an enemy who could literally be anyone he meets on the street. I think Lennie could really nail the haunted spirit of the character.

That's sounds like an interesting pitch. And soho is such a fantastic setting for a vampire flick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"