If Marvel reboots Blade: The Daywalker who should play Blade?

Aldis Hodge it is.
images

Last edited:
Aldis Hodge as the new Blade I can get behind that

Going on with my preference for an older actor for Blade, how about Lucian Msamati? An accomplished Shakespearean actor, you might have seen him in the BBC series The Hollow Crown (If you're into Shakespeare!)
Z34TdxM.jpg

I really like the idea of him looking far more ordinary and unimposing than typical Marvel heroes. More like his original appearances than his flashier makeover from Nightstalkers onwards. I recently purchased the first appearance of Blade from Comixology, and right away it establishes him as a ruthless outsider, even among other Vampire hunters. I think that's a more interesting approach than focusing on the action scenes.

Huh. That dude is the same age as Boseman but looks old enough to be his dad. He's a good actor but he just looks too old, IMO. Especially since Blade is part vampire so... he should be kind of ageless, shouldn't he?

I suppose they might go for an unknown and then use more established actors to round out the rest of the cast. Another good reason to include the midnight sons (and daughters)

You know idris Elba is working on a show now called yardie and there’s a promising young actor called aml ameen who might make a good blade

I would like a British Blade as well. It would be unique (also exotic locations for vampires) and it would expand MCU beyond USA. Besides Marvel Studios like to shoot movies in London.

No netflix series. We haven't seen any heroes from Netflix series in MCU.

You know idris Elba is working on a show now called yardie and there’s a promising young actor called aml ameen who might make a good blade

This guy was really good on Sense 8 but I've heard rumors that he's a terror to work with. It may just be a bunch of BS put out by sh**ty PR firms but apparently he got kicked off another show too.

Yeah. You don't want a Snipes 2.0. Snipes helped take down Blade the last time, I'd rather not see a repeat of Trinity.

Last edited:
Aldis Hodge or John Boyega as the new Blade

Yeah. You want a Snipes 2.0. he's the one that made Blade 1 & 2 successful. Goyer and Reynolds were the ones that helped take down Blade the last time, I'd rather not see a repeat of Blade Tragedy because of them.

Fixed

To me the new Blade needs to be charismatic but also a badass at the same time one who can exude the loner personality the loner attitude and Snipes had all of that in spades but also the fact that Blade is a martial artist the new Blade would have to be as well

I don’t care, I am sure they will get a good actor for the role. I care more about nailing the other roles, which means an old and wise deacon frost or a Philip Marlowe-type Hannibal king for example instead of the **** we got in the original blade films. Oh and if you do Dracula please try to do the character (who is amazing in TOD) justice.

I wonder then if we do get Dracula in the Blade reboot if he will be as terrifying or as menacing as Thanos

Lots of good choices.

I'm going with Peter Mensah for Whistler.

That is if they do race change with Whistler's character because isn't Whistler supposed to be white

Lakeith Stanfield.

But I can't see Marvel Studios doing Blade justice, unless they finally decide to make R-rated movies.

Correct. I paid money to see 'Blade' not the Night Stalkers or whatever the **** they were called. Blade 3 frustrated the **** out of me with the lack of screen time Blade got so Snipes' frustration is understandable. And Goyer's spinoff movie didn't even happy. Idiot.

Last edited:
As for a new Blade, someone with acting and martial arts chops so you can have long takes and no shaky cam.

The reason Night Stalkers were given so much screen time is because Snipes was unusuable for much of the movie. He was too high, too paranoid, too egotistical to do anything. There are several interviews with cast and crew which support that claim.

They had to go through intermediaries between Snipes and the director. The movie might not have been great but when your lead is being a total ******* and refusing to cooperate, you can only expect the supporting cast to do so much with a hastily re-written script that writes out the lead so he doesn't have to do as much. Even so I liked the movie a little more knowing those limitations were why it was disappointing. That they managed to salvage it as well as they did speaks more to the cast and crew than how bad it was written or directed or acted by anyone else.

Who to play Blade though? Preferably someone low key who isn't well known or known at all but has the right build and more importantly: mentality to not **** around on set and alienate everyone else.

Last edited:
EoNhe6R.jpg

Lennie James all the way!

A British actor who can bring Blade back to his Soho roots, who is already very popular thanks to his great work on The Walking Dead and can give us a different portrayal of Mr. Brooks than Snipes' more brash version.

A lot of comics depict Blade as a very asocial, paranoid man, fighting a losing war against an enemy who could literally be anyone he meets on the street. I think Lennie could really nail the haunted spirit of the character.

I'm not familiar with the actor, but Blade should def be Afro-British, and graying suits a hunter who had clashed with Dracula.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"