If Marvel reboots Blade: The Daywalker who should play Blade?

Really, most things with vampires in them don't really bother explaining where vampires come from. That trend started with Ann Rice and got picked up and popularized in the minds of nerds by Vampire The Masquerade, but most of vampire lore before that doesn't bother, and a lot of vampire lore after that skips over it to, or is only half hearted about it.

Vampires exist. They are (mostly) evil. Blade is half vampire. He fights them. He also sometimes fights other monsters. That's your movie or TV series.

Anyway, on the subject of Marvel bringing back Blade, I think that if they do so they should make it a TV or Netflix series and they should make it a full on Tomb of Dracula adaptation.

Tomb of Dracula, for folks who don't know, is the comic book series where Blade first appeared, and the Blade movies took a ton of liberties with the source material. Now, I personally have no problem with this, and I think that the Blade movies are a ton of fun, but for the sake of having a change of pace I think it would be neat to go back to the source on this one. And the big difference between the movies and the comic is that the comic is a team book. Blade is one member of a team of vampire hunters, and they should make up the main cast of this hypothetical series.

The worst thing to happen to speculative fiction is this obsession people have about having everything explained to them.

Bring in new blood (pun intended).
After reading how much of a prima donna Snipes was in Blade 3, I don't want him anywhere near a Marvel film.

The problem is their is no really good replacement as my two favourite Idris Alba and Djimon Hounsou have already been used in Marvel movies.

Michael Jai White as the new Blade hopefully but how about one of the UFC fighters like Jon Jones or Rashad Evans to play Blade

Bring in new blood (pun intended).
After reading how much of a prima donna Snipes was in Blade 3, I don't want him anywhere near a Marvel film.

If he was such prima donna that you say how come the first two movies were good? He pretty much been a method actor during the first 2 movies as well. They were very successful movies because of Snipes initially. When the first movie came out not many people knew who Blade was so it was Snipes’ name that brought people to the theater. Let's not forget about all the contribution that Snipes has done in Blade 1 & 2. He was the one that designed most of the weapons (sword, blade-rang etc), and brought in his fight/stunt team that made some really cool action scenes that still hold up today.

Snipes also wouldn’t agree with some things that were in the script if he thought it didn’t fit the character. Like in the first movie Blade was supposed to cry when he sees his Mother. In Blade II Blade was supposed to kill the vampire babies but Snipes felt that Blade wouldn’t do that so in the movie Whistler ended up doing it.

I would be mad too if a movie franchise I helped built from the ground up and the first two movies were successful. Then the 3rd movie comes along then you suddenly lose your creative control being the main actor and the producer. The movie flops but you are the one to be blamed by the Studio and the director/writer because you are a method actor on set. But it wasn’t a problem the first two films. I wonder why? its a problem now.

As for that I do agree with you we need some new blood hopefully someone that has Martial Arts training and can act. Definitely keep David Goyer away from the reboot franchise. He ruined the 3rd movie. Blade the TV show could of had Michael Jai White but they chose Sticky Fingaz instead.

People are suggesting that Punisher at best should be a netflix series, I of course can see the logic but if I was in charge I would make a secret Avengers movie, Black widow and others taking down secret threats, could start with Frank Castle hunting down Black Widow and then eventually agreeing to help. Post infinity war it would give us the opportunity to have a spy movie (e.g. Winter soldier) directed by Russo's.

Why in the MCU would the Punisher hunt down BW? She'd have helped save the world at least twice before a series came out. Not saying they couldn't do it, but it would be strange.

Whats more, why would Frank hunt down a spy? It has nothing to do with his mission.

John Boyega as the new Daywalker as the new Blade I could dig that but I wonder who could play Deacon Frost in the reboot

Michael Jai White as the new Blade hopefully but how about one of the UFC fighters like Jon Jones or Rashad Evans to play Blade

While Jon Jones and Rashad Evans are great fighters, I would want a real actor to play the part. Now I wouldn't be opposed to them having smaller roles that don't require actual acting talent to pull off. Kinda like GSP in winter soldier. But to try and have either one carry a movie would most likely be a disaster.

Then Michael Jai White would be the best option but take into account his age too, Jai White is pushing 50 so I would think they would want a younger Blade so if they do then Boyega would be perfect or even Nate Parker or even Brian J White

Other than Michael Jai White I could imagine:
- Tyrese Gibson
- Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
- Djimon Hounsou (if he wouldn't play Korath in GotG)

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as The Daywalker, he would actually be perfect as the half-human half vampire vigilante or even Tyrese would be a great pick or even Morris Chestnut or Jamie Foxx even

How about Chiwetel Ejiofor? A lot of people wanted him for BP, and now that ship has sailed maybe he would be a good fit for Blade?

John Boyega as the new Daywalker as the new Blade I could dig that but I wonder who could play Deacon Frost in the reboot

Deacon Frost in the comics was actually a scientist so you could easily pick an older actor, how about Gary Oldman?

How about Chiwetel Ejiofor? A lot of people wanted him for BP, and now that ship has sailed maybe he would be a good fit for Blade?
I really hope that's what the current rumors are about. If that's the case, Blade could have a sizable role in Dr. Strange.

That Marvel is looking at Ejiofor for a role in Dr. Strange.

hmmm there are no obvious Dr strange characters he could play (maybe Brother Voodoo) so Blade would be a possibility. I would be quite happy with the choice, he certainly has the acting ability its whether he could meet the action demands of the role.

hmmm there are no obvious Dr strange characters he could play (maybe Brother Voodoo) so Blade would be a possibility. I would be quite happy with the choice, he certainly has the acting ability its whether he could meet the action demands of the role.
Yea, I'm thinking Brother Voodoo as well... and I would be OK with that. However, I'm hoping for Blade since he's a higher profile character (I see Voodoo as slightly more of a supporting character) than can lead his own movies down the road... and Ejiofor would make an excellent leading man in the MCU.

Yea, I'm thinking Brother Voodoo as well... and I would be OK with that. However, I'm hoping for Blade since he's a higher profile character (I see Voodoo as slightly more of a supporting character) than can lead his own movies down the road... and Ejiofor would make an excellent leading man in the MCU.

I would prefer Blade but I just don't see it, Ghost rider is the only other hero I can see fitting into Dr Strange.

What about Marrese Crump? His acting was about as good as Snipes.

Marrese-3.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcUkCmrUP_I

Marrese Crump as Blade as the new Blade I can dig it

I think I could buy Trai Byers as Blade. That would be nice.

Marrese Crump would be my pick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"