If Marvel reboots Blade: The Daywalker who should play Blade?

A Question for you:
How would Blade fit in the MCU?
1st whether he is 1/2 vamp or not is neither here or their we have to try to explain how vampires came to exist as part of that universe.

As everything seems to be grounded in reality in the MCU then their are very few options, 1st Dracula was in fact an inhuman whose bite/blood effects humans, turning them into vamps, the other option is that Vampires are aliens.

As to who should play Blade I agree Blade should be British but their are plenty of Actors who can do a British accent.

As to who is really difficult as I cannot think of many Black actors with decent acting skills and able to meet the physical demands of the role.

Vampires exist. They've always existed. All this crazy stuff that's been going on since World War II has made their unlives easier because they can show off their superhuman abilities a bit more and not raise as many eyebrows, so they're getting more brazen.

I just want Blade to show up at the end of a movie, dispatch a vamp, and say to the onlooker, "what? were you expecting some blonde chick?"

My own way to introduce vampires:

Vampires have been around for a long time, as have many other types of monsters. They are all the Children of Cthon, lets say: creations and mutations resulting from the dark magic emanated by an evil god.

Several centuries back, however, some plucky mystic hero types managed to successfully banish and seal away Cthon, via ( lets call it ) the Montesi Formula. The flow of dark magic into our world was largely cut off, and this greatly weakened the monstrous forces of the world, causing them to die off, go into hibernation, or lose power.

In the case of vampires, this resulted in the species largely being wiped out over the ensuing years, as even those who survived and remained active were weakened, and made easy targets for vampire hunters. The result is that, by the twentieth century, vampires are so rare that even organizations with access to secret knowledge ( like SHIELD ) are likely to write them off as a myth, or some kind of one-off oddity. There's maybe one or two strongholds ( like an isolated place in the Balkans ) where a significant number still reside, and there's maybe a double handful of individual vampires otherwise loose in the whole world, mostly keeping a very low profile. Similarly, there's only a small handful of remaining vampire hunters, and they generally aren't hunting "vampires" so much as "this single particular vampire." One of those is Blade, pursuing the vampire who destroyed his life, Deacon Frost.

Of course, this all changes when, by chance or malign intent, the Montesi Formula collapses, and Cthon is free to start flooding the world with dark magic again, causing monsters to arise, others to gain might, and a lot of easy ritual magic to work again for those foolish enough to pursue it. . .

My own way to introduce vampires:

Vampires have been around for a long time, as have many other types of monsters. They are all the Children of Cthon, lets say: creations and mutations resulting from the dark magic emanated by an evil god.

Several centuries back, however, some plucky mystic hero types managed to successfully banish and seal away Cthon, via ( lets call it ) the Montesi Formula. The flow of dark magic into our world was largely cut off, and this greatly weakened the monstrous forces of the world, causing them to die off, go into hibernation, or lose power.

In the case of vampires, this resulted in the species largely being wiped out over the ensuing years, as even those who survived and remained active were weakened, and made easy targets for vampire hunters. The result is that, by the twentieth century, vampires are so rare that even organizations with access to secret knowledge ( like SHIELD ) are likely to write them off as a myth, or some kind of one-off oddity. There's maybe one or two strongholds ( like an isolated place in the Balkans ) where a significant number still reside, and there's maybe a double handful of individual vampires otherwise loose in the whole world, mostly keeping a very low profile. Similarly, there's only a small handful of remaining vampire hunters, and they generally aren't hunting "vampires" so much as "this single particular vampire." One of those is Blade, pursuing the vampire who destroyed his life, Deacon Frost.

Of course, this all changes when, by chance or malign intent, the Montesi Formula collapses, and Cthon is free to start flooding the world with dark magic again, causing monsters to arise, others to gain might, and a lot of easy ritual magic to work again for those foolish enough to pursue it. . .

Perfect way to reintroduce vampires into the Marvel cinematic universe especially with a Blade reboot and SHIELD somehow seeing Blade as a vigilante seeing him as a wild card but also Hydra they would see Blade as a threat

Perfect way to reintroduce vampires into the Marvel cinematic universe especially with a Blade reboot and SHIELD somehow seeing Blade as a vigilante seeing him as a wild card but also Hydra they would see Blade as a threat

Except the MCU is trying to stay away from the mystical, even Dr strange's powers are going to be based on the manipulation of the laws of science.

That's why aliens or created by an alien (who says Cthon cannot be alien Thor is!).

Except the MCU is trying to stay away from the mystical, even Dr strange's powers are going to be based on the manipulation of the laws of science.

Short version: *Everything* is the laws of science. There is no "outside science", there is just "stuff science has already studied" and "stuff science hasn't yet studied".

Which is why my suggested way to handle vampires includes a convenient justification for why modern science doesn't know much about magic and monsters: for a couple centuries before the modern age, all the "easy" magic has been largely sealed off from the world. Modern science doesn't believe in magic, because it hasn't gotten to see much or any magic. . . because the only people still able to practice magic are few and secretive. In order to actually perform magic, you need the equivalent of "ten years studying under a great master on a distant mountaintop", which both seriously limits the number of practicing magicians, it also inculcates them into a mystic community for which its very easy to justify a tradition of secrecy. The good guy mages don't want to encourage unwise poking, and the bad guy mages want to keep the power to themselves ( and avoid being killed by angry mobs or good guy mages ).

Of course, once the Montesi Formula collapses, *now* things are different. Whereas before a random person reading the wrong book or enacting the wrong ritual would do precisely nothing, now it actually *can* produce results. This means modern society and science are very likely going to learn about magic and monsters, though it will probably blend in with the general "kitchen sink", what with there already being aliens and mad science and mutated superhumans and sinister conspiracies and masked vigilantes.

I'd love to see Wesley Snipes as Blade again, I know it might be weird to be the same actor in the MCU but I think there would be little complaints. If that ship has sailed then go for a British Blade as he is in the comics. Someone like Idris Elba is ideal but I'm sure there are other great black British actors who could play the role. The MCU does need some British up in thar.

Kevin Hart for Blade's pint-sized sidekick. Call him Boxcutter or Butterknife or something.

Bring back Snipes or give a British dude a go. I'd prefer Snipes back though.

The first two Blade films were great.

David Oyelowo.

I think he's an out of the box choice, but he could be surprisingly good in the role.

Though he'll probably be used in Black Panther.

I really want vamps in the MCU, but not if they play it like the comics where they're extremely rare or completely in the shadows (aka Blade comics). In a way I wouldn't mind if they did do that seeing as it worked for the original Blade films - stayed as a myth, Blade is identified insane... You would have SHIELD at least know of their existence but not take much action as long as they didn't interfere...

But I would also like to see them represented as more of a public threat as mutants are. And seeing as Marvel don't own the rights to mutants, letting vampires take their place would be awesome when you place them in the world Marvel has already built. Much more conflict that could add to things like the registration act and public worry in general.

A Question for you:
How would Blade fit in the MCU?
1st whether he is 1/2 vamp or not is neither here or their we have to try to explain how vampires came to exist as part of that universe.

Why? They have yet to try and explain how norse gods came to exist. They simply exist.

As everything seems to be grounded in reality in the MCU then their are very few options, 1st Dracula was in fact an inhuman whose bite/blood effects humans, turning them into vamps, the other option is that Vampires are aliens.

Or how about just have them be vampires and don't try to explain where they came from. The origin of vampires as a species does not matter. What matters is that they're eating people.

Why? They have yet to try and explain how norse gods came to exist. They simply exist.

Well to be fair they have mentioned that they are, more or less, aliens. That's a half-hearted explanation used in a throw-away line in the first movie, but it still counts as some sort of reasoning. That being said I kinda of agree that an origin for vampires is not totally necessary.

Well to be fair they have mentioned that they are, more or less, aliens. That's a half-hearted explanation used in a throw-away line in the first movie, but it still counts as some sort of reasoning. That being said I kinda of agree that an origin for vampires is not totally necessary.

Really, most things with vampires in them don't really bother explaining where vampires come from. That trend started with Ann Rice and got picked up and popularized in the minds of nerds by Vampire The Masquerade, but most of vampire lore before that doesn't bother, and a lot of vampire lore after that skips over it to, or is only half hearted about it.

Vampires exist. They are (mostly) evil. Blade is half vampire. He fights them. He also sometimes fights other monsters. That's your movie or TV series.

Anyway, on the subject of Marvel bringing back Blade, I think that if they do so they should make it a TV or Netflix series and they should make it a full on Tomb of Dracula adaptation.

Tomb of Dracula, for folks who don't know, is the comic book series where Blade first appeared, and the Blade movies took a ton of liberties with the source material. Now, I personally have no problem with this, and I think that the Blade movies are a ton of fun, but for the sake of having a change of pace I think it would be neat to go back to the source on this one. And the big difference between the movies and the comic is that the comic is a team book. Blade is one member of a team of vampire hunters, and they should make up the main cast of this hypothetical series.

Really, most things with vampires in them don't really bother explaining where vampires come from. That trend started with Ann Rice and got picked up and popularized in the minds of nerds by Vampire The Masquerade, but most of vampire lore before that doesn't bother, and a lot of vampire lore after that skips over it to, or is only half hearted about it.

Vampires exist. They are (mostly) evil. Blade is half vampire. He fights them. He also sometimes fights other monsters. That's your movie or TV series.

Anyway, on the subject of Marvel bringing back Blade, I think that if they do so they should make it a TV or Netflix series and they should make it a full on Tomb of Dracula adaptation.

Tomb of Dracula, for folks who don't know, is the comic book series where Blade first appeared, and the Blade movies took a ton of liberties with the source material. Now, I personally have no problem with this, and I think that the Blade movies are a ton of fun, but for the sake of having a change of pace I think it would be neat to go back to the source on this one. And the big difference between the movies and the comic is that the comic is a team book. Blade is one member of a team of vampire hunters, and they should make up the main cast of this hypothetical series.

Most reboots that actually work do so by going back and being more faithful to the source material. I'd be happy if they did what you suggest.

Most reboots that actually work do so by going back and being more faithful to the source material. I'd be happy if they did what you suggest.

I doubt that that is true or a particularly useful metric.

Untitled-2_zpsebb622cf.jpg

I would like Wesley to get at least one more movie to go out proper, but I'm okay with a new person taking over too. Who though? I'm not sure. I liked Todd Williams, on Vampire Diaries. I thought he played a good vampire hunter that got short shrift, IMO, and wouldn't mind seeing him in a bigger role.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0931822/

Erik King, Doakes of Dexter fame himself as the new Daywalker

Just read an article that suggests Will Smith, good actor, can do action but I have trouble seeing him as Blade.

I think someone earlier suggested this: John Boyega

The reasons why I am going for him:
- unless marvel gets Spiderman there are no young actors in the MCU so this could fill that gap.
- If you watch attack the block the character would have similarities to a young Blade.
- My only question marks would be does have the physical attributes for Blade?

People are suggesting that Punisher at best should be a netflix series, I of course can see the logic but if I was in charge I would make a secret Avengers movie, Black widow and others taking down secret threats, could start with Frank Castle hunting down Black Widow and then eventually agreeing to help. Post infinity war it would give us the opportunity to have a spy movie (e.g. Winter soldier) directed by Russo's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"