Since Marvel owns the rights to Blade, Punisher, and Ghost Rider

In the current MCU it would be impossible to fit Ghost rider in, they are trying to base everything in science (even Dr strange) so I just cannot see how you can base Ghost rider in Science.

Is Punisher meant to be white or does he just happen to be white?

Hmm, tough call. On one hand, no, there's nothing really in his backstory that requires him to be white. OTOH, if you make him black, there's a lot of negative stereotypes and cliches you'd need to be careful to dodge ( vis a vis "angry black man" for instance ). Its not just what might be removed by changing the race of the character, but what might be inadvertently added.

That said, if you could get a Denzel Washington quality actor for the role? Go for it.

In the current MCU it would be impossible to fit Ghost rider in, they are trying to base everything in science (even Dr strange) so I just cannot see how you can base Ghost rider in Science.

Again, this is simply not true. When you have people like Loki running around, saying there is no magic in the setting is simply false. You are confusing "magic doesn't exist" with "magic is randomly immune to rational understanding". The Asgardians *use* magic. They just aren't superstitious about it.

This: (but with Blade replacing Wolverine)
picture.php

HeaderBladePunishSized.jpg

Hearts of Darkness was easily one of the coolest stories Marvel did in the 1990s. It would make for an awesome film. Ghost Rider, Punisher, and Blade vs. Blackheart.

Last edited:

The MCU will not come crashing down on everyone's heads if they introduce a little demonology.

I wonder how a Hearts of Darkness storyline would be received if Thomas Jane, Wesley Snipes, and Nic Cage all came back? That should be a draw, but I wonder how much of a draw? And would the Marvel cinematic universe want to canonize all of those films? If they did I don't see them really upsetting what they've been doing with the MCU films and television shows so far.

I remain baffled at why people want to stick the Punisher into a supernatural story. He just doesn't fit, except in a shallow "90s kewl!" sense.

I remain baffled at why people want to stick the Punisher into a supernatural story. He just doesn't fit, except in a shallow "90s kewl!" sense.

Makes as much sense as sticking him into a sci-fi story by crossing him over with Spider-Man or Wolverine.

Spider-Man may have a sci-fi origin, but his stories are not necessarily sci-fi stories. Quite a few of his stories are street level crime dramas.

G'day,

Regarding Blade and Ghost Rider, here are the numbers from Mojo:

Box Office History for Blade Movies

Release Date Movie Production budget world wide box office

release date Aug 21, 1998 movie Blade budge $45,000,000 box office (world wide) $131,237,688

Mar 22, 2002 Blade 2 $54,000,000 $154,338,601

Dec 8, 2004 Blade: Trinity $65,000,000 $132,397,389

←
Feb 16, 2007 Ghost Rider $120,000,000 $229,545,589

Feb 17, 2012 Ghost Rider:
Spirit of Vengeance $57,000,000 $149,217,355

Those movies made money, Even crappy GR movies made money. So why would Disney not want to use them? However their introduction back into the MCU can not happen until after Dr Strange because that is the introduction of the supernatural to the MCU. They will want to see how that goes first. The only question is which medium they will use, movies, TV or internet.

Ralph

Wow I did not know GR movies made that much profit, they must have paid Cage in points and rest of money for the FX.

I think the Punisher being a person fueled by vengeance and justice that he can easily roll with the supernatural them as well as any other. It matters how the screenplay will handle the character. I can picture a daughter of an old police friend of his being kidnapped by some cultist types and him being dragged into a whole underground world of demons and magic where he can really cut loose and kill everything walking with it being just bad people.

Problem is The Punisher movies have not been very successful. I have yet to see War Zone but I really did like Thomas Jane's Punisher. Plus, these are R-Rated movies and I think Watchmen scared some people out of R-Rated comic book movies. How Blade did well is mysterious to me though, since they are R-Rated. I suppose because Blade wasn't marketed as much as a comic book film. Most film buffs sorta categorize them in the horror section.

Still, I would love to see Punisher & Ghost Rider reboot. A Punisher show could work too though. I'm not a huge fan of Blade though, but would love to see what MARVEL does with him.

R.E.D. is a comicbook based film not marketed as such, so your hypothesis gets some confirmation. :word:

I wonder how a Hearts of Darkness storyline would be received if Thomas Jane, Wesley Snipes, and Nic Cage all came back? That should be a draw, but I wonder how much of a draw? And would the Marvel cinematic universe want to canonize all of those films? If they did I don't see them really upsetting what they've been doing with the MCU films and television shows so far.

Jane is about the only one I would accept back. Cage is god awful un les its a comedy and Snipes is too old and should be saved for future Expendables movies.

Ghost Rider: Karl Urban or Timothy Olyphant

Blade: Michael Jai White (basically because he can do all the martial arts moves effectively and make it look bad ass, like Snipes did.)

Here is how the Punisher could fit in (this would be the basic plot of he's movie):

Victoria Montesi is saved by the Punisher as she is being chased by thugs hired to kidnap Montesi, they are then basically on the run from bad guys until they are eventually kidnapped, Punisher escapes and off course saves the day.

The big mad behind the scenes would either be Mordred or Darkhold Dwarf.

I would have Gerard Butler to play the Punisher, just watch him in Law Abiding Citizen and has done a few action roles.

As to who plays Blade it is really difficult, who has the acting ability and the physical ability to play the role?

As for casting ghost rider depends on if you go Danny Ketch or Johnny Blaze, also we will need someone on the team that could provide lighter moments rather than it just being dark, I can't see any of the main 3 having great senses of humor so possibly a supporting cast member (not Hannibal King that has been done but possibly Frank Drake could do it), then again do we need lighter moments?

Jane is about the only one I would accept back. Cage is god awful un les its a comedy and Snipes is too old and should be saved for future Expendables movies.

Ghost Rider: Karl Urban or Timothy Olyphant

Blade: Michael Jai White (basically because he can do all the martial arts moves effectively and make it look bad ass, like Snipes did.)

Karl Urban would be good just watch him in Dredd, Olyphant would be decent as well (although he would be my 2nd choice) but both of these I see as Johnny Blaze not Danny Ketch who I see as a younger actor (although I am not sure who)

I am not convinced by Michael Jai White yes he can meet the physical demands of the role but I don't know whether he is a good enough actor.

I would love to see Al Pacino play a Villain (Have you seen Devils advocate), possibly Mephisto or another demonic character.

I think the marvel shows they will focus on only or have only for the next 5 years or more will be the ones they have coming now.

These shows may have 3 seasons or more,so don't get your hopes up folks about other netflix superhero shows.

If blade,ghost rider etc.. show up it will be as cameos,guest stars in the movies and up coming netflix shows or agents of shield.
They might just show up as allies or a part of the defenders with luke and the others but not get thier own shows or movies for a long time.

They might not even get thier own shows or movies because they are talking now about more seasons for upcoming ones and the current ones they have already but these other street level superheros and even non-street superheros or more powerful ones may show up like i said as allies,guest stars or team members in the upcoming netflix shows and current ones.
The team member part is the defenders and that's it.

Agent peggy carter,luke cage,jessica jones,iron first,agents of shield,daredevil and the defenders are the only shows i see marvel focusing on for a number of years so don't be surprise if blade or the Punisher etc.. don't get thier shows

Last edited:
I think the marvel shows they will focus on only or have only for the next 5 years or more will be the ones they have coming now.

These shows may have 3 seasons or more,so don't get your hopes up folks about other netflix superhero shows.

If blade,ghost rider etc.. show up it will be as cameos,guest stars in the movies and up coming netflix shows or agents of shield.
They might just show up as allies or a part of the defenders with luke and the others but not get thier own shows or movies for a long time.

They might not even get thier own shows or movies because they are talking now about more seasons for upcoming ones and the current ones they have already but these other street level superheros and even non-street superheros or more powerful ones may show up like i said as allies,guest stars or team members in the upcoming netflix shows and current ones.
The team member part is the defenders and that's it.

Agent peggy carter,luke cage,jessica jones,iron first,agents of shield,daredevil and the defenders are the only shows i see marvel focusing on for a number of years so don't be surprise if blade or the Punisher etc.. don't get thier shows

Marvel will not just release sequels for Phase 4 (they have not in phase 2 or 3) so I cannot see Phase 4 dominated by just Phase 3 sequels, A Hulk movie would have to give some of the profit to Paramount as they still hold distribution rights over solo Hulk movies, Black Widow movie is possible but how long will scarlett johansson be able and willing to play the character.

These 3 are arguable the strongest remaining three characters that Marvel could release, yes movie appearances are possible but I believe that would be a waste, Ghost Rider and Blade made alot of profit for their studios when they were released, so they have a great chance, the Punisher is less likely but far from impossible, all three properties would bring new ingredients to the marvel universe (Supernatural, Crime fighter etc.)

Yes their is a chance that Marvel could go for a much less known character/team for new films but with these 3 guys ready and waiting why would you?

Demons are simply creatures from another dimension. Where the physical laws are slightly different. There is your science bit.

Marvel will not just release sequels for Phase 4 (they have not in phase 2 or 3) so I cannot see Phase 4 dominated by just Phase 3 sequels, A Hulk movie would have to give some of the profit to Paramount as they still hold distribution rights over solo Hulk movies, Black Widow movie is possible but how long will scarlett johansson be able and willing to play the character.

These 3 are arguable the strongest remaining three characters that Marvel could release, yes movie appearances are possible but I believe that would be a waste, Ghost Rider and Blade made alot of profit for their studios when they were released, so they have a great chance, the Punisher is less likely but far from impossible, all three properties would bring new ingredients to the marvel universe (Supernatural, Crime fighter etc.)

Yes their is a chance that Marvel could go for a much less known character/team for new films but with these 3 guys ready and waiting why would you?

Well the actor for black panther will have most likely black panther 2 since he sign on for 5 films.
Dr. strange most likely part 2
There will be another avengers film.
Inhumans will have another film and guardians of galaxy 3 most likely will happen.

Anyway these are films i think will be made for phase 4 and there maybe no room for blade,ghost rider solo films etc.. if they plan to do about 5 or 6 films looking at their past track record.

Black panther 2
Inhumans 2
Avengers 5
Dr. strange 2
Guardians of the galaxy 3/for more of the space stuff
Captain marvel 2

I just know these will do well or well enough.

I just don't see enough room for two or more new solo films.
They maybe could put in one more but don't get your hopes up.
I think they will stick to 6.
There maybe more of chance on tv or netflix,but that will be awhile if it ever happens.

Note- as for captain marvel,she may not get a sequel of all i just listed,but there maybe still a chance it could happen.

Last edited:
Well the actor for black panther will have most likely black panther 2 since he sign on for 5 films.
Dr. strange most likely part 2
There will be another avengers film.
Inhumans will have another film and guardians of galaxy 3 most likely will happen.

Anyway these are films i think will be made for phase 4 and there maybe no room for blade,ghost rider solo films etc.. if they plan to do about 5 or 6 films looking at their past track record.

Black panther 2
Inhuman 2
Avengers 5
Dr. strange 2
Guardians of the galaxy 3/for more of the space stuff
Captain marvel 2

I just know these will do well or well enough

I just don't see enough room for two or more new solo films.
They maybe could put it one more but don't get your hopes up.
I think they will stick to 6.
There maybe more of chance on tv or netflix,but that will be awhile if it ever happens.

What makes you think none of these may skip a phase? every phase so far we have had at least one new movie. It all depends what Avengers 5's story will be as too which they include, as they have gone heavily down the sci fi route I think something more mystical may be possible for Avengers 5 or Earth Based.

Another option may be to introduce some of these but not as heroes but as Villains! Ghost rider could easily find reasons to go after any of the Avengers members (except Capt America) or Nick Fury after all he's messing with the Tesseract started all this.

Blade could clash with an Avenger who tries to help Morbius or any other Vampire.

The Punisher has clashed with Sheild many times and he's version of justice does not exactly match the Avengers.

Also their may be some tension between the Punisher and inhumans as the inhumans have an uneasy relationship with humans.

Do people think this is possible?

It's possible but it's good to be cautious too.

Last edited:
Also Black Widow has yet to answer for her past crimes I could see the punisher/Ghost Rider hunting her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"