Old MCU Fantastic Four Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Stark

Armored Avenger!
Reaction score
Assuming the rights go back to Marvel or if Fox and Marvel can work a deal similar to what happened with Sony and Marvel, what do you want to see. What do you want to change.

Here are my 4 things I want changed.

1.) New cast. I want a 40 something Reed Richards, a Sue Richards that is significantly older than Johnny, who I'd like to see either a teenager as the comics, or early, early 20's. And a big lovable burly guy as Ben who has a thick Brooklyn accent.

2.) A real world thread Doom. I want Victor Von Doom, not Victor Van Damme or Victor Domachev. He needs to be a Laverian prince and someone with global ambition even before the accident. Victor's transformation should be separate from the F4.

3.) A real Galactus who's origin could be tied in with the Celestials as they've already been introduced with GOTG.

4.) A film with vivid imagination. Huge sets, that reflect what Kirby drew in the comics. Not the drab Baxter building we got in the Story films, or the bleak and dismal Baxter institute from the Trank films. Think Stark Tower on steroids and that is what the Baxter building should be.

Aside from an FF film, I would love to see a Doom solo film that explores his origin story including how he became the dictator of Latveria.

In fact, I would do that before Doom shows up in an actual FF film.

1) I want the whole damn family. Reed, Sue, Ben, Johnny, Franklin and Valeria.

2) I want a veteran team that has been off world at least since Tony Stark was held hostage in the cave. They are Marvel's First Family, we just didn't know about them.

3) I want a complex relationship with Doom. Depending on the circumstances, he may either aid the team or attempt to destroy them.

4) I want Thing vs. Hulk. Nuff said.

Aside from an FF film, I would love to see a Doom solo film that explores his origin story including how he became the dictator of Latveria.

:up::up::up:

That would be very cool. Focus on Doom as a character, rather than try to mash him up with the other characters.

I just got to have the FF and all supporting characters back to Marvel. Having just watched DD on Netflix and seeing the spectacular job they did with it while the Four languishes at FOX getting the bastard treatment should be a crime.

MCU Fantastic Four cast

Mr. Fantastic - John Krasinski
Invisible Woman - Anna Torv
Human Torch - Cameron Monaghan
The Thing - Seann William Scott
Dr. Doom - Matthias Schoenaerts
Namor - Luke Goss
Silver Surfer Alexander Skarsgard
Puppetmaster - Richard Jenkins
Nathaniel Richards - Tom Hanks
Alicia Masters - Alison Lohman
Wyat Wingfoot - Daniel Sunjata
Frankie Raye - Maiko Munroe
Wizard - Matthew Goode
Titania - Laura Prepon
Trapster - Dash Mihok
Hydro-Man - Jake Abel
Mole Man - Eddie Marsan
Molecule Man - Ben Mendohlson
Super-Skrull - Michiel Huisman
Red Ghost - Vladmir Kulich

Unless Fox only makes the deal on the condition that Marvel uses the Josh Trank version of the four.

This might be controversial, but I'd save Dr. Doom for a sequel and use another villain for the first film. I think its inevitable that Marvel would have to cover their origin again and I think Dr. Doom deserves a film that focuses primarily on him. Plus, I think it would help differentiate from the Story and Trank films.

I'd do a loose adaption of FF #1 with the Mole Man as the main villain. I'd also want an older cast: late 30's-early 40's for Reed and Ben, late 20's-early 30's for Sue, and late teens-early 20's for Johnny.

So they can make more money by being connected to the MCU.

lol

They only reason why they would need MCU to help make money is if this new Fantastic Four is a failure. If the new Fantastic Four is a failure, they won't want to continue with it. So either they keep using the current version or they team up with Marvel, not both.

If the MCU gets Ff and restarts it (again), I really want some scenes in it full of color and wonder, showing off how amazing science can be. Like Reed interacting with a giant recreation of the particles of life and talking about how amazing life is to be made up of so many little miracles all coming together in the right way, and each particle holding so many secrets that he can still be surprised at how they all create a single individual.

Something like that, with a good actor speaking and managing to give off an almost childlike sense of wonder at how amazing it all is that even the audience is left smiling. Something that really captures what makes the FF so cool (in my book).

Also, if they do the mole men, which can be creepy, I would want that to be mixed in with a scene of the FF deep underground discovering a colossal cavern full of glowing stones/plants of all sorts of colors and just being amazing looking. Something akin to the night shots from Avatar.

FF should really be about celebrating how cool science and the universe can be, to the backdrop of exciting powers and villains. Color, wonder, and optimism, in some ways like how Star Trek used to be. Celebrating the unknown and what people are capable of.

I'd love for Marvel to get their hands back on Fantastic Four. However, I actually really like the current cast with Teller, Jordan, Bell and Mara. Think they are all rising actors that fit their characters well.

I'd love for Marvel to get their hands back on Fantastic Four. However, I actually really like the current cast with Teller, Jordan, Bell and Mara. Think they are all rising actors that fit their characters well.
I too also like the casting. Feels similar to the X-Men First Class 4, though I don't think they will be as big as those 4 (well, not Lawrence level, and Fassbender has some upcoming movies like Steve Jobs/McBeth that may elevate his status even more). There seems to be a lot of buzz around Teller and Jordan though.

I really like Kate Mara in the role, its a shame that critics are ripping this film apart.

I really like Kate Mara in the role, its a shame that critics are ripping this film apart.

Thats what Fox gets for lying to critics & Fox breaking the embargo they themselves made & released with that TV Spot. Fair game after that. Fox might have had a little bit of time to save face. Since no matter what the reviews were negative. But Fox ****ed up here

We won't be seeing another Fantastic Movie for at least 10 years if it bombs. Not from Fox or Marvel Studios.

I've been thinking about it the past few days. With the reviews sounding as bad as it is it seems somewhat likely that Fox may drop F4 and focus on x-men property. So how could you introduce F4 again so soon after the reboot? I love how Spider-man is getting an intro in Civil War, gives audience a taste with no origin story.

I think something similar can be done with F4 but having them in an Avengers movie may be a bit too crowded. But I think a great way you could introduce them is in a Spider-man movie. Spidey will still be the main character and we can introduce the tone and style of the MCU F4 to test the waters of a new franchise. Spidey is the ultimate team up hero and it would be nice to utilize that. A Spidey/F4 team up makes a ton more sense than X-men/F4. I'd call it Spider-man and the Fantastic Four, Brilliant isn't?

I see a lot of people trying to justify why Reed Richards hasn't been mentioned and I heard one idea that the F4 disappeared during an experiment during the 60's only to reemerge with powers in the modern day which is interesting but I think is unnecessary. There isn't a reason for him to have been named checked until. I picture Reed as somewhat reclusive, not that he's anti social just gets wrapped up in projects. He refuses to consult for Shield and the public at large doesn't know him that well. So he's not the go-to genius for references. Which changes when they get powers.

I feel the first F4 movies got the tone right, but were just poorly done. Fantastic 4 movies should be Doctor Who mix with the Incredible. Fun, energetic, and balls to the wall SCIENCE! Doom should be held off initially. The plot for Spider-man and The Fantastic Four would tease him, I'm thinking something like Secret War(2005) where Latervaria have been secretly dealing super weapons on the black market. Then, the first F4 movie would have a prologue to cover their origin and go into them exploring the universe with time/space or other dimensions, just some sort of high concept science adventure. Maybe have someone like Annihilus be the villain. I would save Doom for a maybe the sequel which ends with Doom and Reed basically at a stale mate. Neither having a clear victory over the other. I would love for Doom to become a major threat for the whole MCU beyond the F4. Think something like the Phase 5 villain.

So basically:
Spider-man and The Fantastic Four (MCU Spider-man 3)
Fantastic Four: Annihilus
Fantastic Four: Doom
Avengers: Doom War (or Age of Doom, maybe DOOOOOOOOMed, I don't know something)

Sometimes it's really unfortunate to have a great cast in a crappy movie. So much lost potential.

I'd establish the FF themselves via guest appearances/post credit scenes/etc in other films, then do a solo Doom movie. That's where we'd first see the origin in full only with Victor as the protagonist. (I'd keep as much to the classic 'Doom blames Richards for an accident in college' as possible). The rest of the film would deal with Victor-as-badass-antihero traveling the world and eventually conquering Latveria and becoming Dr. Doom.

THEN I do Fantastic Four, and even then I might use Mole Man instead just to piss everybody off :D (but serious: giant monsters!). But my goal would be to set Doom up as someone the audience kinda roots for, because he's awesome and super classy, but also feels guilty about it because at the end of the day he's a full tilt badguy, and as he comes into conflict with the FF (and later the Avengers!) that point will be hammered home.

2.) A real world thread Doom. I want Victor Von Doom, not Victor Van Damme or Victor Domachev. He needs to be a Laverian prince and someone with global ambition even before the accident. Victor's transformation should be separate from the F4.

4.) A film with vivid imagination. Huge sets, that reflect what Kirby drew in the comics. Not the drab Baxter building we got in the Story films, or the bleak and dismal Baxter institute from the Trank films. Think Stark Tower on steroids and that is what the Baxter building should be.
These are pretty much the most important ones for me. You hit the nail on the head. I'd also suggest skipping the origin, as they did in TIH and are doing with Spider-Man. They can talk about it in the past tense (or show it in some cool opening credits) but they shouldn't waste time with it.

As for an adult cast, I'd like Hugh Dancy for Reed Richards, Rosamund Pike for Sue Storm, Nick Robinson for Johnny Storm, Joel Edgerton for Ben Grimm and... Mads Mikkelsen for Victor Von Doom, cliche as that is.

I'm still thinking whether I'll even give Trank's version a watch, but I will say they seem to have had the right idea of how to portray their powers in visually impressive ways (at least going by Sue Storm's flying), it's sad that apparently the action goes for like 10 minutes and the CG is crap :o.

in the ruins of sokovia, doom rebuilds latveria

stuff writes itself

With this style of logo:
fantastic_four_logo.jpg

No more Fantastic 4 or Fant4stic or any of that crap. Just give me the good old fasioned logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"