Who should be the villain in a MCU Fantastic Four Film?

i dont envision any scenario where he is a creepy incel lol. Most likely the former. So a mix of a psychopath as Willie suggested but with sympathetic undertones. Like the movie Willard.

Well I wouldn't expect them to the use the word Incel in a Disney movie, but that could be a subtext if his motive for revenge against the surface world amounts to "attractive women won't date me" and him having a creepy obsession with Sue. If the writers want to make him sympathetic, I think they would have to downplay him being mad about attractive women not dating him and give a more sympathetic reason for attacking the surface world.

[QUOTE]"Oh, and also Reed personally confronts the Puppetmaster himself, thus symbolically overcoming his own issues with being too controlling by defeating an enemy who is the very embodiment of being too controlling."[/QUOTE]

I'm sold. Puppet Master it is.

Source:

I would write him as a serial killer, because that’s what he is. He’s a sociopath who has no empathy and is therefore able to remorselessly kill millions.

And like with real serial killers, there are things in his past that have made him that way, but he’s not sympathetic because no sad backstory can justify the willingness to indiscriminately kill.

… at least that’s the way I’d do it.
What do you think of my idea of him being a misanthropic eco terrorist who also happens to be a skilled geneticist? Harvey Elder would be this controversial scientist that would be protested quite frequently by animal rights activists because of his unethical experimentation of animals, which would frequently mutate them into monstrous Kaiju-esque creatures that the F4 would have to battle. Elder is a dyed in the wool environmental activist who grew up a destitute outcast who’s only companionship ever he had was Mother Nature. I think Harvey Elder should have a delusions of grandeur and believe that God bestowed upon him these gifts in order to purge much of humanity in order to save Earth from their pollution. Elder would call his plans, “a necessary evil for the greater good” and would seek to rebuild society from the ground up after cleansing much of civilization from these irresponsible charlatans who’ve taken nature for granted.

Last edited:
I think it would be neat if the FF battled against Mole Man in the first film:

He’s a childhood hero of Reed’s—Harvey Elder was a famous scientist explorer who was ridiculed by his peers for his Hollow Earth theory until he one day decided to prove them all wrong.

Years later, Reed Richards and his super-powered family are studying the stillborn Celestial, Tiamut, in the Indian Ocean. It’s radiating cosmic energy—the same energy from the rays that imbued with them with powers months ago.

During their exploration, the Fantastic Four journey inside the Celestial to discover a wondrous paradise dimension inside, filled with monstrous new species ruled by a mutated, and very much still alive, Harvey Elder who now calls himself the Mole Man. It turns out he found the Hollow Earth he was searching for—it just happens to be inside of an infant Celestial deep towards the Earth’s core.

Last edited:
I think it would be neat if the FF battled against Mole Man in the first film:

He’s a childhood hero of Reed’s—Harvey Elder was a famous scientist explorer who was ridiculed by his peers for his Hollow Earth theory until he one day decided to prove them all wrong.

Years later, Reed Richards and his super-powered family are studying the stillborn Celestial, Tiamut, in the Indian Ocean. It’s radiating cosmic energy—the same energy from the rays that imbued with them with powers months ago.

During their exploration, the Fantastic Four journey inside the Celestial to discover a wondrous paradise dimension inside, filled with monstrous new species ruled by a mutated, and very mich still alive, Harvey Elder who now calls himself the Mole Man. It turns out he found the Hollow Earth he was searching for—it just happens to be inside of an infant Celestial deep towards the Earth’s core.

Hmm...

Hmmmmmmmm....

Thoughts on Galactus + Annihilus almost being the villains instead of Doom in F4NTASTIC 2015?
Fantastic Four 2015 Almost Had Very Different Villains

I actually remember reading a purported story leak during production that said they would run into creatures and ultimately Annihilus in the Negative Zone - which could have been promising and much Better than we got.

But by that point, we already knew there were serious issues with the characters, production design etc., so it was already beyond saving.

But even assuming all the other elements were better, combing Annihilus with Galactus seems like a crazy mess.

1. Annihilus
2. Dr. Doom
3. Galactus

Annihilus would be a cool start, but I definitely want to see a good version of the inhumans in a fantastic four movie. It would be fun to see the royal family and Johnny and Crystal‘s relationship too. The thing is that there’s so many great characters that I don’t know if we’ll be able to get all of them.

What do you think of my idea of him being a misanthropic eco terrorist who also happens to be a skilled geneticist? Harvey Elder would be this controversial scientist that would be protested quite frequently by animal rights activists because of his unethical experimentation of animals, which would frequently mutate them into monstrous Kaiju-esque creatures that the F4 would have to battle. Elder is a dyed in the wool environmental activist who grew up a destitute outcast who’s only companionship ever he had was Mother Nature. I think Harvey Elder should have a delusions of grandeur and believe that God bestowed upon him these gifts in order to purge much of humanity in order to save Earth from their pollution. Elder would call his plans, “a necessary evil for the greater good” and would seek to rebuild society from the ground up after cleansing much of civilization from these irresponsible charlatans who’ve taken nature for granted.

It appears I missed this from January?:O

This actually started to write a story once in which Doom, rather Moleman, was creating genetically modified creatures (in my story, he did that as a distraction for the FF while he launched a mission to direct an asteroid toward the Earth - with the plan to have the leaders of Earth grant him the power and resources to save us from the threat he secretly created).

So yeah, I think something like that could be cool. And I think that’s an advantage Moleman offers - there aren’t a lot of fans who will demand slavish fidelity to the source material. He’s more of a blank slate within certain parameters.

And one of those parameters is giant creatures. If we get Moleman without creatures, I’m grabbing my pitchfork.:funny:

I posted the first act of my story here for anyone who wants to kill a LOT of time.:funny:

YOU are the script writer....

I wrote it a LONG time ago and it’s also intentionally over-written, so I apologize in advance:O … but I’ll go out on a limb and say it will be worth every penny you pay for it.

Last edited:
Annihilus would be a cool start, but I definitely want to see a good version of the inhumans in a fantastic four movie. It would be fun to see the royal family and Johnny and Crystal‘s relationship too. The thing is that there’s so many great characters that I don’t know if we’ll be able to get all of them.

If they do an Inhumans Disney+ show (as has been rumored), they could start with the FF discovering the Inhumans (as happened in the comics) and maybe we could have our cake and eat it too.

I was on the Mole Man train for a long time but I think Annihilus may make more sense now given the multiverse arc going on in the MCU at large.

I sort of knee-jerk voted for Doom, only because none of his live action appearances thus far have been proper adaptations, imo. However, maybe the production should take a nod from what Matt Reeves is doing with Joker in the new Batman movies, and sort of build up to him, in which case a main villain is needed. One thing I’m sure of; I don’t want Galactus or the Skrulls for the first movie. Threats from space just got done to death with Thanos imo. So yes, maybe Mole Man is the way to go….

Threats from space just got done to death with Thanos imo. So yes, maybe Mole Man is the way to go….
I still feel like Mole Man is not an interesting enough villain to counteract the bad impressions the previous FF movies have left. The scenes of the buildings disappearing might look pretty cool, but that's about it. On the other hand, the criticism of early Marvel films was that the villains weren't that good, so maybe it doesn't matter.

Latest leaks are that Namor is not going to be ruler of Atlantis, but rather a sunken city in Central America (can't recall the name). Supposedly part of the reason is they didn't want to cause confusion with Aquaman. I say go after Aquaman head on, and say "we can do Atlantis better".

I mean, this isn't the end of the world, but things like this irritate me (especially since I named Namor as a potential FF villain). At one time you counted on Marvel to get things right, or close to right. But it seems like they're playing increasingly fast and loose with their heroes. Like they've changed Ms. Marvel's powers completely. I just hope they have more respect for the Fantastic Four, and Doctor Doom.

I still feel like Mole Man is not an interesting enough villain to counteract the bad impressions the previous FF movies have left. The scenes of the buildings disappearing might look pretty cool, but that's about it. On the other hand, the criticism of early Marvel films was that the villains weren't that good, so maybe it doesn't matter.

sometimes all it takes is a great portrayal of a lesser known/overlooked character to get audiences to fall in love with them. See Star Lord

sometimes all it takes is a great portrayal of a lesser known/overlooked character to get audiences to fall in love with them. See Star Lord
Could happen. But that would be an impressive bit of acting and writing to make the Mole Man compelling. He's leading the polling though, so maybe others are more impressed by him than I am. I've just been thinking he's in that spot because he was the FF's first villain in the comics.

Could happen. But that would be an impressive bit of acting and writing to make the Mole Man compelling. He's leading the polling though, so maybe others are more impressed by him than I am. I've just been thinking he's in that spot because he was the FF's first villain in the comics.

If Steve Carrell was cast, I am confident he will hit it out of the park as Mole Man

I can't see Mole Man carrying a movie. But I always thought Harvey would be great as a before the title "foe" in a homage to FF #1. A massive monster cracks through the pavement in (60s era!) Manhattan, Reed sends out the signal and the team assembles to corral the beast. Mole Man, who has had run ins with the team in the past, comes by to retrieve his pet and apologizes for the inconvenience. Roll opening title.

Latest leaks are that Namor is not going to be ruler of Atlantis, but rather a sunken city in Central America (can't recall the name). Supposedly part of the reason is they didn't want to cause confusion with Aquaman. I say go after Aquaman head on, and say "we can do Atlantis better".

I mean, this isn't the end of the world, but things like this irritate me (especially since I named Namor as a potential FF villain). At one time you counted on Marvel to get things right, or close to right. But it seems like they're playing increasingly fast and loose with their heroes. Like they've changed Ms. Marvel's powers completely. I just hope they have more respect for the Fantastic Four, and Doctor Doom.
Most of the leaks I hear from people are in their heads.

I can't see Mole Man carrying a movie. But I always thought Harvey would be great as a before the title "foe" in a homage to FF #1. A massive monster cracks through the pavement in (60s era!) Manhattan, Reed sends out the signal and the team assembles to corral the beast. Mole Man, who has had run ins with the team in the past, comes by to retrieve his pet and apologizes for the inconvenience. Roll opening title.

GOTG2 was reminiscent of this but this would nonetheless be an attention grabbing intro

fantastic-four-alex-ross-1126476.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"