Who should be the villain in this MCU Fantastic Four film?

I think a good movie could be made from several of the choices. I would probably shy away from Galactus and Doom in the beginning, but would like for Doom to be looming in the background. Mole Man, Super Skrull, Annihilus could all be good choices. I wouldn't mind the Frightful Four, but think it would maybe add too much complexity (Inhumans and all). I hope they make at least 3 or 4 movies because I think less than that wouldn't do the group justice. Kang has some interesting possibilities, but I'm not sure Loki did much to help in that area.

For a long time I was firmly in the Mole Man camp, but with the multiverse becoming a major part of the MCU, I've come around to thinking that Annihilus and the Negative Zone would be an appropriate route to take.

I still stick by that Dr. Doom should be saved for the second film, but he should get a Disney+ series in the meantime.

I don't actually favor any of the listed villains as such, because I have a specific idea in mind for the Best Possible First FF Movie. The main threat of the movie being a Big Dumb Object slowly approaching our solar system, with Reed Richards, fearly genius polymath and spaceship designer, going out along with his adventurous and capable friends to investigate, along with giving the First Earth-Built FTL Drive a try. They get their powers en route via the prototype drive, arrive, and have to investigate the large and mysterious ship while adapting to their new powers. They eventually meet the people on the ship, find out why it is heading to Earth, and have to save the day, both for Earth and possibly also for everyone on the ship not dedicated to [Bad Things For Earth], too.

Basically, the framework of the scenario is more important than the Specific Named Villain, because the star of the show should be the four heroes themselves, and the grand scope of the Big Dumb Object setting. This could have been the Skrulls ( though that is now mooted ), and I suppose you *could* use someone like Annihilus or Blastaar. . . but I think it would be best if you picked a C-list Fantastic Four villain for this role, because it really isn't about them. They've had enough stories with enough weird alien villains, you have your pick of ones to use for this purpose.

I don't actually favor any of the listed villains as such, because I have a specific idea in mind for the Best Possible First FF Movie. The main threat of the movie being a Big Dumb Object slowly approaching our solar system, with Reed Richards, fearly genius polymath and spaceship designer, going out along with his adventurous and capable friends to investigate, along with giving the First Earth-Built FTL Drive a try. They get their powers en route via the prototype drive, arrive, and have to investigate the large and mysterious ship while adapting to their new powers. They eventually meet the people on the ship, find out why it is heading to Earth, and have to save the day, both for Earth and possibly also for everyone on the ship not dedicated to [Bad Things For Earth], too.

Basically, the framework of the scenario is more important than the Specific Named Villain, because the star of the show should be the four heroes themselves, and the grand scope of the Big Dumb Object setting. This could have been the Skrulls ( though that is now mooted ), and I suppose you *could* use someone like Annihilus or Blastaar. . . but I think it would be best if you picked a C-list Fantastic Four villain for this role, because it really isn't about them. They've had enough stories with enough weird alien villains, you have your pick of ones to use for this purpose.

I think they do need an actual villain for the first story, otherwise your idea is too much like an impersonal V'Ger in Star Trek: The Slow Motion Picture. And that wasn't very well received, especially compared to Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.

A C-list villain could work, so that the story is more about the FF, but it should still be a person as opposed to a force or object.

I mean, yes, you do want someone with a face who can talk and be interacted with, sure. My point is just that *who* that person isn't doesn't matter much. There are a ton of existing villains who could serve that role in a mostly interchangeable manner, because its the scenario and the heroes that define the story, not the specific details of the villain.

I mean, yes, you do want someone with a face who can talk and be interacted with, sure. My point is just that *who* that person isn't doesn't matter much. There are a ton of existing villains who could serve that role in a mostly interchangeable manner, because its the scenario and the heroes that define the story, not the specific details of the villain.

i guess you havent seen TDK

A scenario like TDK is exactly what a Fantastic Four movie does *not* need for its first film. The stars of the show *should* be the heroes of the story.

A scenario like TDK is exactly what a Fantastic Four movie does *not* need for its first film. The stars of the show *should* be the heroes of the story.

ok i think i know where you are coming from. The first iron man film was a classic imho. the villain, iron monger, was largely forgettable to me, and stark and his suits of armour and character evolution was the star of the film. if they do a similar thing showcasing our protagonists, i would be in favour.

Would be funny if they go with Frightful Four. I don't know if the powers would be similar to the four, but the frightful four are basically the evil counterpart of Ff iirc. And mcu has a track record of the lead fighting against an enemy with similar skills or look.

Iron Man - iron Monger
Hulk - Abomination
Ant-Man - Yellowjacket
Dr. Strange - Kaecilius
Black Panter - Killmonger
Shang-Chi - Mandarin

The villain of the new F4 movie should be the ghost of the 20th Century Fox seeking revenge against Disney from rescuing the F4 from their capture.

I was rewatching Spider-Man 2 recently and gee Raimi had a knack for bringing those kind of heightened reality silver age scenery chewing villains to life. I don’t know what that knack is but I hope they approach the fantastic four villains with the same relish

Maybe a combination?

Mad Thinker (and his Awesome Androids) or Red Ghost (and his Super Apes) could serve as a foil to Reed Richards—leading a competing expedition to discover the lost world of Subterranea where they encounter Mole Man.

Subterranea would borrow imagery from Hollow-Earth films (most recently in Godzilla vs. Kong) but in the MCU it’s a separated by a dimensional rift which the Fantastic Four traverse with the Fantasticar.

Feige & Marvel gets the Act III CGI action spectacle with the Fantastic Four battling monsters from the center of the Earth until they deduce a better way to resolve the conflict, together.

Doctor Doom is probably bankrolling the villains’ expedition, right? Mole Man/Red Ghost fails in the end (maybe it’s a mound of vibranium that Subterranea guards, or there’s something else I’m missing from the comics that Doom would want—maybe it’s just to study the dimension rift), but in typical Doom fashion he had a back-up plan or got what he really wanted in the end.

I wonder how they will explain how he got the name mole man? I hope it’s not cheesy.

I wonder how they will explain how he got the name mole man? I hope it’s not cheesy.

It could easily be that others taunted him with that name when he was younger and also growing up because they thought he resembled that. So it stuck, but he took that name and made it something to be feared instead of mocked.

Or they just never refer to him as Mole Man in-film. They don't need to call him Mole Man and I can seen the FF only calling him Harvey.

Maybe J Jonah Jameson coins the term.

"Parker I want you to cover the story of another threat to humanity, besides that malevolent Spider-Man. There are reports of a man living underground beneath the city. He only resurfaces along with his army of monsters to terrorize the populace..like some kind of mole. Man Mole."

jjj-featured.jpg

It could easily be that others taunted him with that name when he was younger and also growing up because they thought he resembled that. So it stuck, but he took that name and made it something to be feared instead of mocked.

yeah it’s kind of been done though. I could see him being fascinated by like, mole physiology because he sees them as superior or something like that

After thinking about it, I think Super Skrull makes the most sense and ties into what is existing in MCU. Doom has to be hovering though.....you don't have Darth Vader and completely ignore him. I'd say Galactus would generally be my next choice, but something tells me "no".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"