Villain Poll

The Overlord

Superhero
Reaction score
Who should be the villain in the first MCU Fantastic Four movie?

I like the idea of each movie's threat becoming bigger and bigger. I like the idea of them first facing off against Mole Man, then progressing onto Dr. Doom, and then finally Galactus.

Mole Man is classic, though standard. Psycho-Man could be intriguing though.

Not Doom or Galactus, definitely.

My normal predilection would be "Skrulls" as part of an expanded origin-adventure, but that's trickier with the current status of the Skrulls. Other aliens could probably serve, though. The key thing is. . . the first movie should absolutely be about the Four, first and foremost, with the villain being an adjunct.

I’m open to anyone as long as it’s not Dr. Doom. Moleman, I think, would be most interesting as a first villain since he’s one of the villains that Marvel can get away with taking a lot of liberties with. His motivation can basically be summed up as, “I got rejected by society so I’ll reek my revenge.” You can easily change that & go the Ra’s Al Ghul/Poison Ivy route & reinvent him as some sort of insane misanthropic eco-terrorist who desires to drastically reduce the population of humans by wiping them out in order save the world because he believes humans are destroying this planet with their negligible disregard for climate science, and continual pollution of Mother Nature.

Make him a skilled geneticist that’s able to artificially mutate animals enough to turn them into scary Kaiju monster size threats just as an excuse to see the FF work as a team to fight monsters like do in the comics.

Last edited:
Thank you, this is a great idea for a poll.

I chose mole man, I think he’s the perfect foil for introducing the FF and why they matter. Also, the kaiju potential will be so much fun

I hope they do a reenactment of this scene. I think this creature is one of Mole Man’s minions

fantastic-four-alex-ross-1126476.jpeg

Oh I did not expect the poll results so skew so forward for Mole man. That is promising!

I guess Mole Man is a natural fit. Then move to the really big villains, which are too many!

In order, I'd go with: Mole Man > Annihilus > Doom > Galactus.

Yeah I like the idea of Mole Man! Start small and make the first movie primarily about the family. Well, every movie should be primarily about them but you know what I mean.

Yeah I like the idea of Mole Man! Start small and make the first movie primarily about the family. Well, every movie should be primarily about them but you know what I mean.
yeah none of the FF films have done this. I would argue the best representation of this is The Incredibles and even the movie The Ice Storm. And GALAXY QUEST!

I‘m also in for Mole Man. This gives also the opportunity to show the Subterranea and its creatures

I believe Mole Man would be the natural choice. FF should start smaller. It would be visually great anyway.

Annihilus could give the first taste of FF going cosmic, basically preparing for what would come with the threat of Galactus.

I believe Mole Man would be the natural choice. FF should start smaller. It would be visually great anyway.

Annihilus could give the first taste of FF going cosmic, basically preparing for what would come with the threat of Galactus.

yeah the FF could go on a similar journey as the MCU - from phase 1 earth level threats working their way up to greater threats as you mentioned, Doom and then cosmic level threats such as Galactus

I thought Mole Man before I even clicked the thread. To be fair it might just be because of the final scene in the Incredibles.

I’m open to anyone as long as it’s not Dr. Doom. Moleman, I think, would be most interesting as a first villain since he’s one of the villains that Marvel can get away with taking a lot of liberties with. His motivation can basically be summed up as, “I got rejected by society so I’ll reek my revenge.” You can easily change that & go the Ra’s Al Ghul/Poison Ivy route & reinvent him as some sort of insane misanthropic eco-terrorist who desires to drastically reduce the population of humans by wiping them out in order save the world because he believes humans are destroying this planet with their negligible disregard for climate science, and continual pollution of Mother Nature.

Make him a skilled geneticist that’s able to artificially mutate animals enough to turn them into scary Kaiju monster size threats just as an excuse to see the FF work as a team to fight monsters like do in the comics.

This is one of the more interesting pitches for Mole Man that I’ve heard.

I think most FF villains though could get an MCU overhaul & have liberties taken with their backstories—

I like Mad Thinker as sort of the anti-Reed Richards, using his intellect for nefarious purposes. His creation, Andy the Awesome Android, is his closet thing to family and he still exploits him for his own selfish ends.

dd18ad73281cde9b23851ab5b621950e-800.jpg

7216875-strength-%20adapts%20to%20thing%27s%20strength%20and%20becomes%20a%20stronger%20verison%20of%20him%2C%20knocking%20him%20back%20with%20a%20strike.%20%28fantastic%20four%20%2315%29.jpg

Andy has super strength and durability, and can also mimic an ability after touching an opponent; his power to ‘learn’ ultimately leads to great self-awareness & prompts him to turn against his father.

MV5BYWM4YTU3NGEtYTYxMC00YTk4LThhMTQtODk0ZmY4M2M5YTc0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTQ0NjQzNTE@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

This is one of the more interesting pitches for Mole Man that I’ve heard.

I think most FF villains though could get an MCU overhaul & have liberties taken with their backstories—

I like Mad Thinker as sort of the anti-Reed Richards, using his intellect for nefarious purposes. His creation, Andy the Awesome Android, is his closet thing to family and he still exploits him for his own selfish ends.

dd18ad73281cde9b23851ab5b621950e-800.jpg

7216875-strength-%20adapts%20to%20thing%27s%20strength%20and%20becomes%20a%20stronger%20verison%20of%20him%2C%20knocking%20him%20back%20with%20a%20strike.%20%28fantastic%20four%20%2315%29.jpg

Andy has super strength and durability, and can also mimic an ability after touching an opponent; his power to ‘learn’ ultimately leads to great self-awareness & prompts him to turn against his father.

MV5BYWM4YTU3NGEtYTYxMC00YTk4LThhMTQtODk0ZmY4M2M5YTc0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTQ0NjQzNTE@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

that was the most interesting villain pitch i have heard for FF. I think even Kevin Feige would find this character foil intriguing.

I think Mad Thinker has to be greatly improved over the comics for him to work - but it is possible.

The problem is his weapon is his mind... and he’s not even close to being as smart as Reed, so he needs something more to be a serious threat.

And I think it’s potentially there, but it hasn’t been properly executed in the comics.

And to illustrate what I’m thinking, I’m going to use Batman as an example.

Batman isn’t smart in the same way Reed or Doom are, but he is a brilliant tactician.

I want the writers thinking “evil Batman” (minus the hand to hand fighting skills - his androids are his fists).

Now in the comics, they do kind of do that - with him planning everything out, but it’s hokey. It’s based on him thinking he can anticipate everything and, of course, it never works, because such thinking isn’t what a brilliant tactician would do.

A true tactical genius would have contingencies. No general goes into battle without an adaptable plan. His men would be slaughtered if he took such an approach.

I’d want Mad-Thinker to show some real tactical genius to make him a formidable threat.

And I’d do that by giving him a big, brilliant scene (like maybe an art heist) near the beginning of the film. And ideally, I’d make every effort to fool the audience. If we all think things are going one direction and then we realize that was a misdirection and the real plan was going a different way, we’ll respect his ability to throw us off, and that brilliance will be a threat to the FF.

He won’t be smarter than Reed, but more devious and his mind will work in a different way - in a way that the audience, and Reed, won’t be able to predict.

Last edited:
I think Mad Thinker has to be greatly improved over the comics for him to work - but it is possible.

The problem is his weapon is his mind... and he’s not even close to being as smart as Reed, so he needs something more to be a serious threat.

And I think it’s potentially there, but it hasn’t been properly executed in the comics.

And to illustrate what I’m thinking, I’m going to use Batman as an example.

Batman isn’t smart in the same way Reed is, but he is a brilliant tactician.

When writing Mad Thinker, I want them thinking “evil Batman” (minus the hand to hand fighting skills - his androids are his fists).

Now in the comics, they do kind of do that - with him planning everything out, but it’s hokey. It’s based on him thinking he can anticipate everything and, of course, it never works, because such thinking isn’t what a brilliant tactician would do.

A true tactical genius would have contingencies. No general goes into battle without an adaptable plan. His men would be slaughtered if he took such an approach.

I’d want Mad-Thinker to show some real tactical genius to make him a formidable threat.

And I’d do that by giving him a big, brilliant scene (like maybe an art heist) near the beginning of the film. And ideally, I’d make every effort to fool the audience. If we all think things are going one direction and then we realize that was a misdirection and the real plan was going a different way, we’ll respect his ability to throw us off, and that brilliance will be a threat to the FF.

He won’t be smarter than Reed, but more devious and his mind will work in a different way - in a way that the audience, and Reed, won’t be able to predict.

Sounds like a job for the writers of Sherlock (the Benedict Cumberbatch series)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"