Villain Poll

The reason why I want to see Annihilus is because the idea of humanity being the invaders into the Negative Zone, the concept of bringing something back into our world by accident and humans provoking an alien invasion is all incredibly interesting to me.

Plus Annihilus as this hideous insect thing under some really intimidating armor would be a great homage to the David Cronenberg remake of The Fly. Like you break it's face off, then watch as this gross mantis thing's head is underneath.

That combined with how he views humanity as a threat after discovering his world in the Negative Zone and then countering by leading a massive invasion of our world gives some great food for though as to him, WE look like monsters and to be fair, we actually did come across as scary invaders from another dimension first and if his species were the first to discover our reality, we'd probably make the same exact choice out of the same fear.

Plus an experiment involving firing cosmic rays into the Negative Zone to see how they change properties going awry is a great idea for an origin. Plus, it all being Reed's fault after he, Sue and Ben were removed from the project, so they steal the shuttle despite Johnny not having any sort of experience that would qualify him for this, Johnny messes up the experiment and everyone but the four of them involved int he experiment is now dead. Stopping Annihilus is Reed redeeming himself.

Plus, a bit of cosmic horror along the lines of Event Horizon or Alien is hardly a bad thing. Annihilus can be really, truly creepy if given the chance.

Love this post! Its exactly the kind of story I'd like Trank to tell.

So, how do people feel about the villain possibly being Lucia Von Bardas who wasn't even in this poll?

My feeling is that the whole Negative Zone is a bit out there for the general audience in the first film.

One of the problems with the source material for the F4 is the lack of really good villains that will portray well on screen.

- Doom can be done very well, if done right this time!

- Annihulus could be done well, but the whole Negative Zone would need to be explored, and his main power comes from his control rod, which is all about controlling molecules, meaning other molecule controlling villains would be negated (no Molecule Man).

- The Super Skrull could be good, but you almost have to get into the whole Skrull invasion aspect.

I am not convinced that Galactus could be done well enough on the big screen. Abraxus is a bit over-powered and a bit out there, so I'm not convinced that he would translate well.

Would Kang even be allowed?

I would say, if they are going to redo the origin stpry, with the Four traveling to space, then the villain should likely be a lesser one, since much of the movie would need to focus on the origin.

So, who would be a good lesser villain for the first movie, that would allow Doom to be used to a better degree in the second?

So, how do people feel about the villain possibly being Lucia Von Bardas who wasn't even in this poll?

How many times has she even fought the FF, all I remember her from is being the main bad guy from the secret Wars mini. She might be good as Doom's assitant, but there is no reason to make her the main villain, especially when Doom is still alive and thus still in charge of Latveria. Heck Doom would not be introduced into this movie universe yet, putting Von Bardas is like putting the Bardas before the cart before the horse, there is no point in introducing her before Doom.

Mole Man could be a "starter villain" in the Second Act, which somehow leads to a confrontation with Doctor Doom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"