Who should be the villain in a MCU Fantastic Four Film?

I'd say the "tipping point" for Mole Man would be his psychic connection with the creatures. They influence him, and when his bosses and Reed catch on, they try to take him away from what he now considers his friends. This, of course, does not go well for them.

I'd say the "tipping point" for Mole Man would be his psychic connection with the creatures. They influence him, and when his bosses and Reed catch on, they try to take him away from what he now considers his friends. This, of course, does not go well for them.

Maybe, as long as this just doesn't make him the ''crazy villain'', maybe have him be more sympathetic to these creatures and the government just wants to exploit them or something, make him sympathetic, rather then another lame revenge of nerds jealousy based villain like Aldrich Killian or Electro was. Give him a real reason for being a villain and give him a real target for his revenge, rather then him a generic take over the world villain like he often is in the comics.

Mole Man's motive should not be power and I think jealousy should be a secondary motive, I think his main motive should be revenge, but not a petty ''Curse you Fantastic Four for foiling my plan to take over the world'' revenge but a revenge that has some merit to it, where he is doing the wrong thing, but the audience can understand why he is doing it. That's more interesting then him wanting to kill the FF because Johnny is more handsome then him or Sue is hotter then any girl he can get, those can be present, but secondary to wanting revenge on anyone who would exploit his creatures.

Last edited:
I was just confused by the stuff about the "clay". That struck me as some other villain. But yeah, basically the same conclusion, though.

You know, you're right. I was thinking about Ultimate Mole Man, as I've never read an actual 616 Mole Man story (when was the last one?).

Mole Man is ideal for a half dozen reasons. Definitely, definitely don't want to do Dr. Doom again.

Pretty much EXACTLY what I was going to type.

I always feel origin stories should have a soft ball villain. No one too complicated. It's the Marvel formula to focus on the heroes over the villains.

It's not always been the best strategy, but you can't argue with the MCU's track record. It wouldn't be too hard to give Mole man a decent enough back story for you to care about him, but he doesn't need Doom/Loki level complexity or depth.

why not make more villians?
Mooleman is to weak... maybe for start of the movie, but Skrulls and super skrull and
Annihilus would be more of a match.

Why not make Hulk , Spiderman, Dr Strange or Ironman appaer in the movie like in spiderman homecoming?
(they could make Dr Doom use ironmans tech and take control over the hulk )

Galactus and his heralds would be cool stuff with Annhilus combined.

Fantatic Four and the Inhumans story line?

Without trying to avoid the question, I think the question should more be, where do you want this movie taking place?

I think the MCU Fantastic Four should be solidly in the exploration type movie. This sets them apart from every other franchise in the MCU.

So, if you want them exploring space, Annilhus.
If you want them exploring the depths of the Earth, Mole Man.
If you want them under the sea, Namor (I know there are rights issues with Universal regarding Namor).

Without trying to avoid the question, I think the question should more be, where do you want this movie taking place?

I think the MCU Fantastic Four should be solidly in the exploration type movie. This sets them apart from every other franchise in the MCU.

So, if you want them exploring space, Annilhus.
If you want them exploring the depths of the Earth, Mole Man.
If you want them under the sea, Namor (I know there are rights issues with Universal regarding Namor).

why not make more movies and visit them all or like in thor make them visit more places in one?

To me, the key to a Moleman film won't be Moleman himself, but the world and creatures.

The primary conflict shouldn't be a fight against Moleman, but a fight against the monsters and other natural threats of subterranea. It should be an adventure/exploration/sci-fi fantasy film like Journey to the Center of Earth, The Lost World, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea along with some elements of Raiders of The Lost Ark, Alien and others.

When they finally encounter Moleman, it will almost be like seeing the Wizard of Oz come out from behind the Curtain. Moleman himself isn't powerful or intimidating, but the forces of nature he unleashed will have been awe-inspiring and the real point of the film.

That sort of film will capture the elements that made FF unique in the 1960's and it will make them stand out among other superhero films today.

To me, the key to a Moleman film won't be Moleman himself, but the world and creatures.

The primary conflict shouldn't be a fight against Moleman, but a fight against the monsters and other natural threats of subterranea. It should be an adventure/exploration/sci-fi fantasy film like Journey to the Center of Earth, The Lost World, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea along with some elements of Raiders of The Lost Ark, Alien and others.

When they finally encounter Moleman, it will almost be like seeing the Wizard of Oz come out from behind the Curtain. Moleman himself isn't powerful or intimidating, but the forces of nature he unleashed will have been awe-inspiring and the real point of the film.

That sort of film will capture the elements that made FF unique in the 1960's and it will make them stand out among other superhero films today.

I like all of this. Nice.

why not make more movies and visit them all or like in thor make them visit more places in one?

You could do either, but I was trying to stay within he frame work of which villain could be in the first movie.

I wouldn't mind Mole Man as an intro antagonist. A monster burrows up through 60s era Times Square (I prefer a period piece), a signal shoots through the sky, and the team drops what they are doing to team up against the creature. They get the beast under control and send a message to Harvey to keep his pets under control. Cue opening credits.

I'm in the Mole Man camp as well. He is a simple enough character as to not take away too much time from the FF for their first MCU film, but also would allow them to really focus on the explorer aspect of the team. Which would probably be the best way to differentiate this film from the ones made by Fox and the other MCU entries.

I voted Galactus but I don't have a strong view. Moleman seems like a bad idea though.

I'm hoping they set up Doom for a sequel (complete with post credit scene of him invading Sokovia) but then go cosmic/interdimensional with the story and spend most of the film away from earth.

Last edited:
Anyone but Doom. They should save him instead of defaulting to going for him yet agian

My vote is for Super-Skrull. The Skrulls are going to be introduced in Captain Marvel which makes bringing Kl'rt to Earth quite easy. Despite their debut in Danvers' flick, the Skrulls were originally FF villains and I would hope that Kevin Feige honors that. Super-Skrull is one of the FF's most formidable villains, not merely because he can match their powers but also due to his cunning and ruthlessness. The battles between them would be insane, much more intense that we'd see if Mole Man was the villain. The FF needs to face someone who really poses a serious threat while also bringing cosmic menace in his wake. Super-Skrull fits the bill.

Super_skrull.jpg

I'm rather shocked to see so many Mole Man fans. His only appeal is that he was the big bad of Fantastic Four #1. MM is such a pathetic person that he's not very interesting and his powers are disaster movie cliches. Add the fact his moloids are the most faceless, colorless army of expendable fodder ever conceived and you have one very underwhelming villain. He is someone I would like to see as a minor irritation for the FF, a warm-up act for the real big bad.

Mole Man from the comics' characterization basically comes down to: "I'm too proud to go to a hooker to get laid."

If they used him he's likely, like a lot of MCU villains, need to be altered, perhaps drastically, to work on screen at all.

Moleman is more of a 'real' villain than just about anything we've seen.

Why do people commit mass-shootings? Because they feel alienated and snubbed by society. They feel insignificant and they want to show people that they mean something - while also punishing the society that they never fit into.

That's Moleman.

Why do people commit mass-shootings? Because they feel alienated and snubbed by society. They feel insignificant and they want to show people that they mean something - while also punishing the society that they never fit into.

That's Moleman.

But the comics never go with a consistent direction with him, the writers can't decide what his motive, whether its just to protect his under ground kingdom from the surface world or is he just a petty psychopath who wants to kill millions of people for things done to him by a few people? I also find his back story every under written, who were these women who turned him down, if they are not developed in any way neither is the guy who wanted to fire him for being too ugly. If Mole Man has a real revenge motive and not a petty, give him a real target to go after, show that person ruined Mole Man's life and why Mole Man wants revenge on that person, develop the object of his revenge, so that we understand why wants revenge on that person, unless he is just an evil hate filled psychopath.

Would Mole Man be sympathetic or just a hate filled psychopath?

But the comics never go with a consistent direction with him, the writers can't decide what his motive, whether its just to protect his under ground kingdom from the surface world or is he just a petty psychopath who wants to kill millions of people for things done to him by a few people? I also find his back story every under written, who were these women who turned him down, if they are not developed in any way neither is the guy who wanted to fire him for being too ugly. If Mole Man has a real revenge motive and not a petty, give him a real target to go after, show that person ruined Mole Man's life and why Mole Man wants revenge on that person, develop the object of his revenge, so that we understand why wants revenge on that person, unless he is just an evil hate filled psychopath.

Would Mole Man be sympathetic or just a hate filled psychopath?

I'd make him similar to Ted Kaczynski, who might be sympathetic if he hadn't killed people, but once he kills people (or at least creates a danger that could kill them), his actions can't be justified.

But I also wouldn't make him a raving lunatic. I'd make him recognizable as someone we've known and met in our life who just felt a little too alienated and went a little too far.

I wouldn't feel overly bound to the comics, since, as you point out, he has changed and shifted over time, but I would use the FF #1 as a primary characterization and I'd also use real mass-killers as additional guiding reference material.

...but I also wouldn't tell his whole story in the first film. As I mentioned earlier, the film should be about the adventure and the exploration. I'd reveal the Moleman at the end, but I wouldn't tell his whole story specifically.

I'd know his story so I'd know how to write him, but I'd leave some elements of his character a mystery and also leave the door open for future stories.

While Mole-Man is a clear favourite (and I wouldn't even complain if he 'were' the first F4 MCU villian), I too went with Puppet Master, as Alicia Masters will also need to be introduced - but she doesn't need to be introduced in the first film too, I suppose. Yeah, go ahead with Mole-Man for the first film as the exploration factor will need to be an important focus for an MCU Fantastic Four. Doom and Galactus can easily be saved for future instalments.

That's Moleman.

The Moleman, played by Adam Driver? *ducks*

I’m shocked mole man is so popular!

But it is an interesting idea to tie that in with Ben Grimm’s body image problems. Like mole man convinced him to live with him together in the hollow earth and the thing rebels when he learns mole man’s true intentions.

I guess I just didn’t consider him because I thought people would want a more cosmic villain

Mole Man brings a very empathetic quality that a first-movie villain would really benefit from, people could really feel for the guy. You can also easily tell his story in a single movie while also allowing the team to be scientists and explorers with Monster Island and Subterranea. Elder's creatures and Moloids offer the chance to go really crazy and bizarre with the designs..and of course, Mole Man temporarily swaying the Thing to stay with him in Subterranea would be interesting to see in a movie.

It's perfect to me, going big with the scope but not cosmic big for the first movie, and not Doom either.

Moleman would be good. It would give Marvel the chance to showcase the FF more themselves without needing to go into too much about Elder. He's there to provide an antagonist, but the most interesting thing will be the team and the dynamics. Plus it will be an opportunity to show the fantastical and to have a scene like the cover of FF#1.

You don't want Doom for the first film.

Moleman is almost like having Scarecrow for Batman Begins, where he was more incidental and the focus was on Batman instead.

Get Rick Hoffman for Moleman. Not only does he look just like him but he'd be able to play both sympathetic and bitter/angry all at once. He can be a real *****e but can still make you feel sorry for him for being so pathetic.

Annihilus for, get him and the negative zone into the MCU asap, he can then be used for event movies like an adaptation of Annihilation.

Leave Doom alone for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"