Marvel’s First Family Casting Thread

Stark Bauer

Mr. Feige- cast me as MCU Darkhawk
Reaction score
MARVEL’S FIRST FAMILY CASTING THREAD

Fantastic-Four-Logo-MCU.jpg

Any casting news, rumours, speculation, and fancasts here please.

The consensus based on the majority of results, posts, fancasts, and fan art on the internet:

Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic/“Big Brain”:

John Krasinski
John_Krasinski_Fantastic_Four.jpg

John Krasinski: Oh yeah, the Fantastic Four. I would love that! I mean listen, I’m still getting into the whole superhero thing. I didn’t read comics as a kid, not as many, I read some but not as much, but I’m a huge superhero fan so yeah, I’d love to do something like that. If they’re are any left, a lot of these have been taken but the ones that are left, yeah, I would love to do something like that. And listen, I’d love to work with her (wife Emily Blunt) again so any chance I got would be great.

JK: You’re like, ‘Do you have any interest in not shattering people’s dreams?’” Krasinski told Total Film last month. “I would love to be in the Marvel universe. I love those movies because they’re fun, but I also think they’re really well done. And certainly a lot of my friends are in those movies. I have no idea what [Marvel] are thinking. But if they are considering me for Mr. Fantastic, continue to consider me because I would love it.

Susan Storm/Mrs. Fantastic/The Invisible Woman/“Suzie Q”:

Emily Blunt
df80a2a1de717734b9096e9058113201.jpg

Emily Blunt: “He did?” Blunt says with a cagey smile when we mention Krasinski’s enthusiasm for a Marvel role. When nudged if she’d be interested in playing the Invisible Woman for Marvel Studios, she shrugs “who knows” before adding that she and Krasinski have never discussed doing a superhero movie together. “It’s all hypothetical fan-casting,” she laughs. “Until it’s real, I don’t even think about it.”

Johnny Storm/The Human Torch/“Hot Head”:

1635898-flame_on.jpg

Dacre Montgomery
wp4429908.jpg

Dacre-Montgomery-2019-Mr-Porter-008.jpg

Rumor #1: Marvel Studios is ramping things up with Jon Watts’ Fantastic Four movie. They’re looking at a bunch of actors for the role of Johnny Storm, yet Stranger Things’ Dacre Montgomery seems to be leading the pack. He’s currently in talks with the Marvel bosses as we speak for the role.

Rumor #2: Dacre Montgomery is in talks for the role of Johnny Storm in the MCU’s Fantastic Four picture. He was considered for Wolverine, but Marvel thinks he’d be perfect for Johnny, and Jon Watts is very keen on casting the actor for the role.

Benjamin Jacob Grimm. “The ever-lovin' blue-eyed Thing”:

6828677-thing.png

This one is the only pick not based on general consensus. This one is based on gut instinct and some rumors:

Seth Rogen (R) and wife (potential Alicia Masters?)

Seth-and-Lauren-1.jpg

Rumor:..Jonah Hill is being eyed for the role of The Thing, WGTC has now learned from our sources – the same ones who told us Ewan McGregor was returning as Obi-Wan back in May, and that Robert Pattinson was locked in as Batman – that Seth Rogen is also on Marvel’s wishlist for the gig.”

Last edited:
I get everyone wants Krasinski and Blunt but I just think it’s such bland casting. Like they could be in any movie. I would still love to see Rahul Kohli as Reed though and I still think Ross Lynch was born to play Johnny

I get everyone wants Krasinski and Blunt but I just think it’s such bland casting. Like they could be in any movie. I would still love to see Rahul Kohli as Reed though and I still think Ross Lynch was born to play Johnny

Yeah it's so overdone that I'm sick of seeing it.
Also while I think Blunt is a boring choice, she would do really well in the role. Krasinski on the other hand I'm not so sure he'd be a good Reed tbh.

I have a top two choices for each of the FF, one if Marvel wants to change things up and the other looking closer to the 616 team:

Reed

Rahul Kohli
Evar1liVkAARg1T

Joseph Gordon Levitt - this one has grown on me
joseph-gordon-levitt-5.jpg

Sue

Nicole Beharie
nicole-beharie.jpg

Evan Rachel Wood
PRI_146717438.jpg

Johnny

Chance Perdomo
Perdomo-Chance.jpg

Dacre Montgomery (Only because I don't know a lot of actors the right age and look for Johnny. An unknown would be preferable tbh)

dacre-montgomery-arrives-at-the-premiere-of-netflixs-stranger-things-season-2-1561985785-view-0.jpg

Ben

Liev Schreiber
683912299980c32449c6c891fa9d3065.jpg

Seth Rogen - Another choice that has grown on me
Seth-Rogen-2019.jpg

Liev Schreiber is a great choice. He certainly has the voice for it. Both Schreiber and Rogen have done extensive voice work so it will be interesting what type of voice they give to Grimm as the Thing.

If Liev gets the part i hope he does a similar voice to his Kingpin in SpiderMan Into The Spiderverse but taking inspiration from the 67 F4 animated show- the voice was like Rodney Dangerfield and very New York

i think JGL would be pitch perfect as Namor him or Keanu

Last edited:
Mr. Fantastic - Glenn Howerton
The Invisible Woman - Jessica Roth
The Human Torch - Charlie Plummer
The Thing - Seth Rogan
Doctor Doom - Tom Pelphrey

Mr. Fantastic - Glenn Howerton
The Invisible Woman - Jessica Roth
The Human Torch - Charlie Plummer
The Thing - Seth Rogan
Doctor Doom - Tom Pelphrey
Really like the Plummer and Pelphrey suggestions. Plummer was previously up for Spider-Man too

Chance would be such a fun Johnny. I also love the idea of Michael Cimino from Love Victor as Johnny. Imagine him and Ana de Armas as Sue together!

I get everyone wants Krasinski and Blunt but I just think it’s such bland casting. Like they could be in any movie.

I think they're popular choices due to the fact that they're married and chemistry off screen can transfer to on screen.

I think they're popular choices due to the fact that they're married and chemistry off screen can transfer to on screen.

I think hair color plays more than people like to admit. If everything was the same but Krasinski was the blond and Blunt the brunette then this fancast would be nowhere near as popular.

I always find casting a modern day F4 as tougher than it seems. The image I have of them is rooted in the 1950s and 1960s so it's hard for me to really come up with a modern day cast I'm satisfied with.

Even Doctor Doom is pretty tough to fancast imo since he's such a larger than life figure , and I find it's hard to cast an actor who can really measure up to that.

Reed Richards : Robert Stack

tumblr_og8sz7mOsK1qe4ru4o1_500.gifv

Sue Storm : Grace Kelly
5f43ba305b33ada572d0776c28af5809.gif

Johnny Storm : James Dean
W22C.gif

Ben Grimm : Ernest Borgnine
m6.gif

Doctor Doom: Christopher Lee
tumblr_o6pozwq1rw1t859wso6_250.gifv

I think hair color plays more than people like to admit. If everything was the same but Krasinski was the blond and Blunt the brunette then this fancast would be nowhere near as popular.

Yeah. That's DEFINITELY true. We have a tendency to think that way and it's probably one of the least important casting characteristics.

I always find casting a modern day F4 as tougher than it seems. The image I have of them is rooted in the 1950s and 1960s so it's hard for me to really come up with a modern day cast I'm satisfied with.

Even Doctor Doom is pretty tough to fancast imo since he's such a larger than life figure , and I find it's hard to cast an actor who can really measure up to that.

W22C.gif

m6.gif

OMG....Grace Kelly. She'd be perfect.

W22C.gif

m6.gif

60s FF casting:

Reed Richards: Stephen Boyd

3gwGDSEV_400x400.jpg

3d6a87851d1bf780c405cc8508ecc69afb074570.gifv

Sue Storm: Elizabeth Montgomery

51288b47e67a488366f732a34134a1c8.jpg

27dc46c1ec9b67e351bd9e8221ad347b.gif

Dr Doom: Christopher Plummer

Christopher-Plummer-Sound-of-Music.jpg

tumblr_oqytzyTeWS1r9je2ro2_640.gifv

60s FF casting:

Reed Richards: Stephen Boyd

3gwGDSEV_400x400.jpg

3d6a87851d1bf780c405cc8508ecc69afb074570.gifv

Sue Storm: Elizabeth Montgomery

51288b47e67a488366f732a34134a1c8.jpg

27dc46c1ec9b67e351bd9e8221ad347b.gif

Dr Doom: Christopher Plummer

Christopher-Plummer-Sound-of-Music.jpg

tumblr_oqytzyTeWS1r9je2ro2_640.gifv

Montgomery would have made a good Sue Storm. She had such charm, spunk and personality. Her smile alone would have been the price of admission.

Of course Agnes Moorehead would have to play Agatha Harkness:cwink:. If not her, than Diana Hyland, another great actress who left us way too soon.

mqdefault.jpg

diana-hyland-twilight-zone-gr8erdays.jpg

Christopher Plummer would have made a good Doom. At the same time, I think he would have been a perfect fit for a 1960s era Magneto. Michael Fassbender reminds me very much of him.

right. And they fit the type of actor the MCU is known for - think funny, witty, wise cracking, action star that looks and talks like a regular person, but isn’t a blockbuster star like Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise - Krasinski. Kick ass strong fearless female that can also do drama - Blunt. Feige has been itching to cast both for at least a decade and this is the perfect opportunity and perfect roles for both at a perfect time - Marvel only got the rights to F4 back only recently.

I don’t know about that. If that were the case we would see more demand for run of the mill actors that just happened to have the right hair color. There’s a reason Kevin Feige almost cast Krasinski as Cap (he seemed to be a close hair behind Evans) and Blunt as Black Widow (Emily refused the role). Have you watched The Office? Jack Ryan? The Edge of Tomorrow (Live Die Repeat)? Both of them are more than capable of nailing these roles. Krasinski embodies the character of Reed- naturally. Blunt can do so as well but she is because she is a great actress. You would be hard pressed to find all around better actors that can do comedy drama and action

Last edited:
I don’t know about that. If that were the case we would see more demand for run of the mill actors that just happened to have the right hair color. There’s a reason Kevin Feige almost cast Krasinski as Cap (he seemed to be a close hair behind Evans) and Blunt as Black Widow (Emily refused the role). Have you watched The Office? The Edge of Tomorrow (Live Die Repeat)? Both of them are more than capable of nailing these roles. You would be hard pressed to find all around better actors that can do comedy drama and action

I don't think Emily Blunt refused the role of Black Widow. I think she was contractually tied to Gulliver's Travels at the time, which didn't do well anyway and would've been worth getting out of her contract for that to do Avengers or Iron Man 2 instead. I would've much preferred Blunt as Black Widow to ScarJo, or preferred her as that to Sue.

I don't think Emily Blunt refused the role of Black Widow. I think she was contractually tied to Gulliver's Travels at the time, which didn't do well anyway and would've been worth getting out of her contract for that to do Avengers or Iron Man 2 instead. I would've much preferred Blunt as Black Widow to ScarJo, or preferred her as that to Sue.

Very true ScarJo would have been near perfect as Sue and Blunt IS Black Widow. It would be effortless for her to seem intimidating as a femme fatale

Last edited:
Frodo- there is an actor who is larger than life who would not only be perfect but would EXCEED all expectations for Doom. Unfortunately the likelihood of him doing a Marvel film is 0.00001% but I will identify him anyway

DDL_Header.jpg

the danger in casting a larger than life actor is he will make everyone look stupid and incompetent. That’s why I think they need to choose an actor that would complement the character of Reed. If it turns out to be Krasinski I think Timothy Olyphant (L) would be a great foil to John both as an actor and physically.

Edit: Daniel Day Lewis would be an incredible Magneto and they could get Bryan Cranston as Charles Xavier

The-Mandalorian-Timothy-Olyphant.jpg

Last edited:
David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson would’ve made a great Sue and Reed once upon a time. Hell the way they’re aging they could still do it.
F5E48D55-5B92-459C-A505-D532222731F0.jpeg

is Blunt even a natural blonde? I know I've seen her dye it light for a few roles but thought she seemed more natural with dark hair (not sure what her original hair color is, anymore)

it's call acting.... if you can't have on screen chemistry with someone unless your married to them in real live, too, then they must not be very good at acting

my point is (not arguing their acting ability) but, that it's the fact that they are married an are always pitched as this "package deal" is what bothers me about this fan casting... the role(s) should go to who ever is best for the part not predetermined by who's a couple ... if they both individually auditioned and tested against many other actors/actresses and each happen to have tested the best then I wouldn't be against it

Last edited:
Frodo- there is an actor who is larger than life who would not only be perfect but would EXCEED all expectations for Doom. Unfortunately the likelihood of him doing a Marvel film is 0.00001% but I will identify him anyway

DDL_Header.jpg

the danger in casting a larger than life actor is he will make everyone look stupid and incompetent. That’s why I think they need to choose an actor that would complement the character of Reed. If it turns out to be Krasinski I think Timothy Olyphant (L) would be a great foil to John both as an actor and physically.

Edit: Daniel Day Lewis would be an incredible Magneto and they could get Bryan Cranston as Charles Xavier

The-Mandalorian-Timothy-Olyphant.jpg

I don't think that will happen just because you have a actor who has a larger than life presence or ability, if the writing is good. The writing will determine whether everyone else comes off foolish, not the actor. I suppose if you having an actor of DDL caliber , you're going to have to find a Reed who can stand toe to toe with him acting wise , but that's what the casting process is for.

The fear is more that the villain could come off looking stupid since , despite the fact that this guy is a commanding presence and dynamic, he still loses to the F4. But with a role like Doom, who's presumably going to be in several different MCU films, I think it would be good if they find an actor who could be compelling enough across multiple franchises, which the other two Dooms have very much lacked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"