Sequels Nightmare

Lobo

Daisy is <3
Reaction score
Anyone else that would like to see him as a villain for Dr Strange 2? I always liked him when I was young.

Nightmare.jpg

Last edited:
Apparently he was the directors fave choice for the villain in the first movie but they didn't know how to make him work. I definitely want to see him done well but I get that they don't want to be too scary for small children.

I suppose they will go for a doctor who scary episode kind of feeling. Creepy but hopefully not too much for small kids. As for casting I have no idea

As I've written before (somewhere), Nightmare is basically Gaiman's Sandman gone bad. Huge potential.
If Hiddleston wasn't Loki already, he'd be a good fit.

Since they've already gotten Eccleston and Tennant, I want them to consider going after Smith or Capaldi for Nightmare.

Nightmare would be perfect. The sequel would need to be just as innovative with its imagery and Nightmare definitely provides that.

I'm rooting for Nightmare to be the villain as well. And while he'd be a an unconventional choice, I actually think Jim Carrey could pull it off.

Since they've already gotten Eccleston and Tennant, I want them to consider going after Smith or Capaldi for Nightmare.

Capaldi would be terrifying. I think they might be a problem with casting Nightmare actually. He has to be scary, but not too scary. Very tricky territory.

Definitely not Freddy Krueger level

I've thought a bit about how to make Nightmare work. I think he could make a fascinating film, I'm just not sure how to make it work with their plans for Baron Mordo (which seems to be set up for the sequel).

I'd draw a bit from the Doctor Strange animated movie where there were kids trapped in nightmarish dreams a bit from the second (?) appearance of Nightmare where Doctor Strange has to enter his realm but stay on the path or else he'll get trapped, and then make it a movie that is essentially a journey into Doctor Strange's psyche. Have Nightmare tempt and torment Strange about a life he could have had or his past failures. Delve into his past and his relationship with his family (his sister drowning, his parents dying, and how this hardened him and made him a cynical doctor).

I think it's a movie that would have a lot of potential to explore the character of Doctor Strange and it would create a role for Rachel McAdams, but I can't really see a place for Wong or Mordo (while a movie with Mordo could probably use Wong effectively).

Eddie Redmayne anyone?

Oh yes I could see that.

I see the plot being about everyone in the marvel u mysteriously falling asleep except for strange so strange has to go into people's minds to find what the problem is. That's when he finds Nightmare

What about Bill Skarsgard?

Matt smith would be amazing though as a less scary version which might be important. I mean this isn't blade. Lots of kids see this

grr.. If he is, I don't want to see him as all-powerful. I want him to have limits.

I guess he could only affect the sleeping world. Which is still pretty devastating. People need to sleep

Oh my gosh they would be amazing. Very midsummer's night dream.

And such insane chemistry with Benedict I bet

Oh my gosh they would be amazing. Very midsummer's night dream.

And such insane chemistry with Benedict I bet

I know, right?

I thought of Ben the first time I read an issue with Nightmare.

Another good suggestion is Timothee Chalamet

He’s got a perfect look for a villain plus he’s an amazing actor. He would be perfect up against Benedict Cumberbatch

Way too young. Besides, he’d be in better use as Harry Osborn.

Young is good though! It’s a good contrast as Stephen embraces his seniority as the sorcerer supreme

Doctor Strange 2 Villain Plans and New Story Ideas Revealed
Marvel movies work in threes. They also work outside of their threes. Some of the better Marvel films have more than one villain in them. Me and Scott have not laid the groundwork for it but what I can say is that I have a feeling that whatever Nightmare is involved with, Baron Mordo, being somebody who considers himself the defender of natural law will have something to do with it.

I don't know if he did it on purpose but the writer of the first movie just kinda confirmed that he and Derrickson are indeed planning to use this Nightmare guy as the main villain of the sequel.

Of course they are. It’s going to be tricky to do it in a way that doesn’t scare families though. I suppose they’ll aim for a beetlejuice type thing. I mean even surtur wasn’t that scary

Scott Derrickson is a horror director, so I wouldn't mind a bit of creepy. My hope for Nightmare is to borrow a bit from the Doctor Strange animated movie.

I've thought a bit about how to make Nightmare work. I think he could make a fascinating film, I'm just not sure how to make it work with their plans for Baron Mordo (which seems to be set up for the sequel).

I'd draw a bit from the Doctor Strange animated movie where there were kids trapped in nightmarish dreams a bit from the second (?) appearance of Nightmare where Doctor Strange has to enter his realm but stay on the path or else he'll get trapped, and then make it a movie that is essentially a journey into Doctor Strange's psyche. Have Nightmare tempt and torment Strange about a life he could have had or his past failures. Delve into his past and his relationship with his family (his sister drowning, his parents dying, and how this hardened him and made him a cynical doctor).

I think it's a movie that would have a lot of potential to explore the character of Doctor Strange and it would create a role for Rachel McAdams, but I can't really see a place for Wong or Mordo (while a movie with Mordo could probably use Wong effectively).

Ben Whishaw, anyone?

benWhishaw1.jpg

280full.jpg

I like these two ideas quite a bit. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"