Sequels What do you want to see in a sequel?

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
Spoilers for the first movie obviously.

So what do you want to see in a sequel? Here's what I want...

- more on the other sanctums
- Brother Voodoo
- Scarlett witch
- either nightmare or Morgana as the main villain
- not Mordo, let him percolate for a bit
- Wong being a badass

I'd say not seeing Mordo isn't going to happen. He's not getting teased only to be forgotten about for the whole next movie.

Wong being a badass is almost a foregone conclusion, imo.

I want to see Strange earning the title of Sorcerer Supreme and getting acknowledged for it somehow. Him becoming a Master of the Mystic Arts kind of got swept under the carpet (I'm not even sure it happened, lol), so I want to see him getting his final title with a bit of fanfare.

Nightmare and the return of Dormammu
Vishanti
Strange mastering new spells

I'd say not seeing Mordo isn't going to happen. He's not getting teased only to be forgotten about for the whole next movie.

Wong being a badass is almost a foregone conclusion, imo.

I want to see Strange earning the title of Sorcerer Supreme and getting acknowledged for it somehow. Him becoming a Master of the Mystic Arts kind of got swept under the carpet (I'm not even sure it happened, lol), so I want to see him getting his final title with a bit of fanfare.

I meant not seeing him as the main villain yet. Sorry, should have been more clear.

Actually, on that, I would love to see Strange explore new worlds and people

If Marvel gets the rights to FF, Galactus, Mephisto, Firelord, Silver Surfer...even just a mention of one of them or some small hint or reference "the board rider"

More interaction with the other NYC heroes - Spider Man Daredevil Iron Fist

Interacting with RDJ's Tony Stark and or Ruffalo as Banner. Or all three :D

For a long time everyone has been suggesting Scarlet Witch to appear but I never really saw a natural way to do it. But with Baron Mordo hunting down Sorcerers it creates and easy situation from them to team up. I always like the idea of Wanda being able to natural tap into magic. It definitely works visually, her energy is chaotic and free flowing with Strange's is clean and precise. It would be an interesting thing to explore.

1. Nightmare
2. New Dimensions
3. Dormmamu
4. Baron Mordo as The Villian for Dr. Strange 3. Have him show up in 2, but not be the main focus, just set him up.

- Clea and Dormammu
- Baron Mordo
- Wong kicking butt, maybe moving the library to the NYC sanctum
- More for Christine Palmer
- Training Scarlet Witch and/or Jericho Drumm
- Becoming the New Sorcerer Supreme

Give me a movie showing the tournament to crown the new Sorcerer Supreme with Clea, Brother Voodoo as supporting characters (maybe even the Scarlet Witch). Mordo should also enter the tournment with the goal to take out as many spell-casters as possible. Then you can have a climactic one-on-one Strange vs. Mordo fight at the end..

You can pitch it as "Dr. Strange meets Mortal Kombat".

Boom. Give me my 10%, thank you :)

-Give Wong more to do.
-Mordo.
-Clea and/or Scarlet Witch as Strange's protégé.
-Give Rachel McAdams more to do (if they end up bringing her back).
-A better script/more interesting plot.
-New dimensions/more trippy effects.
-Dormammu.

Nightmare as the villain. I know he's probably a bit of step down from Dormammu power wise, but there's so much that could be done with exploring the Dream Dimension. Imagine all those freaky, awesome and trippy visuals, and Nightmare himself is a fun villain that doesn't have be solely CGI/motion-capture.

But if Clea is set up as a love interest for the sequel then what happens to Rachel McAdams' character of Christine?

But if Clea is set up as a love interest for the sequel then what happens to Rachel McAdams' character of Christine?
she'll still be a succesful surgeon who saves lives. You don't have to be romantically involved with someone to do that

How could we tie Mordo's quest for ridding the world of sorcerers in with Nightmare and the Dream Dimension?

Dormammu (in a more humanlike form), Umar, Clea, and The Mindless Ones.

Maybe Mordo strengthened by Dormammu.

EDIT: We're past the origin, so there will be more time for the plot. Origin stories always eat up a lot of time that could be devoted to the movie. It's not a bad thing; it's just how it is.

How could we tie Mordo's quest for ridding the world of sorcerers in with Nightmare and the Dream Dimension?

That's exactly my thought. I have what I think is a solid idea of a Nightmare movie (see the other thread) and I can vaguely pick a Mordo one (although not as concrete of an idea), but I can't make them mesh. I feel Mordo would come off as a distraction, not a benefit.

I really want to see more of Dormammu.

Honestly the first movie was so good I have no idea how it can be topped.

- Clea and Dormammu
- Baron Mordo
- Wong kicking butt, maybe moving the library to the NYC sanctum
- More for Christine Palmer
- Training Scarlet Witch and/or Jericho Drumm
- Becoming the New Sorcerer Supreme

Doctor Strange did not understand Wanda's powers in the comics. Hank Pym, not Strange, understood her powers.

Besides, Mordo and the Living Tribunal will see Wanda as a threat to the natural order and want her dead.

Steve Rogers and Agatha Harkness is Wanda's mentor, not Strange.

And, if we look at Wanda's current comic, Strange definitely cannot teach her because she uses "women's magic" which only women (i.e not Strange) can use.

Doctor Strange did not understand Wanda's powers in the comics. Hank Pym, not Strange, understood her powers.

Besides, Mordo and the Living Tribunal will see Wanda as a threat to the natural order and want her dead.

Steve Rogers and Agatha Harkness is Wanda's mentor, not Strange.

And, if we look at Wanda's current comic, Strange definitely cannot teach her because she uses "women's magic" which only women (i.e not Strange) can use.

Movies always stray from the comics. Her powers are already different, defined as telepathy and telekinesis than probability manipulation. The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of Wanda in Strange film, I think the two can really play off each other

Give me a movie showing the tournament to crown the new Sorcerer Supreme with Clea, Brother Voodoo as supporting characters (maybe even the Scarlet Witch). Mordo should also enter the tournment with the goal to take out as many spell-casters as possible. Then you can have a climactic one-on-one Strange vs. Mordo fight at the end..

You can pitch it as "Dr. Strange meets Mortal Kombat".

Boom. Give me my 10%, thank you :)

That's basically triumph and Torment but that has Dr Doom (we can but hope), you could sub Doom for Mordo (not ideal but it could work on the big screen).

IF marvel did get F4 rights Triumph and torment would be my pick, Mordo would be part of the initial fight but rather than going for the prize he tries to kill as many sorcerers as he can (until strange put the beat down on him), Mordo then tries to stop Doom and Strange traveling to the Hell dimension (against the natural law etc.).

Last edited:
I hope if they introduce Nightmare we'll get to experience Strange's arc a bit more felt it was a bit rushed in the first film. That arc is really emotional and powerful that I'm sad they skipped it. I know the director said they did the sister scene but couldn't fit it in. Nightmare would be a great way to still show that side.

Don't want mordo or dormamu as the big bad. Would like an end of credits scene of them together though.

Shuma-Gorath or a foreshadowing of him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"