The Amazing Spider-Man No Mary Jane for reboot?

socool

True
Reaction score
The Spider-Man reboot is looking for its female lead and Heat Vision claims to have the shortlist of actresses who have met for the part.

The articles also states that the character of Mary Jane Watson will not be the film's love interest, leading to speculation that the storyline will add either Gwen Stacy, Felicia Hardy (the Black Cat), another of Peter Parker's past loves or may feature an all-new character created especially for the film.

Lily Collins (The Blind Side, Priest), Ophelia Lovibond (Nowhere Boy), Imogen Poots (28 Weeks Later, the upcoming remake of Fright Night), Teresa Palmer (The Sorcerer's Apprentice, I Am Number Four) and Emma Roberts (Hotel for Dogs, Valentine's Day).

Mary Elizabeth Winstead (Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, the upcoming The Thing prequel) is listed as having just been dropped from the running.

spiderman-female-lead.jpg

This is terrific news. If it's true, we will be getting Gwen!! Finally!

Based on some of the rumored actresses they're possibly going to cast, I wouldn't be surprised if the new film was going with Gwen Stacy. Not only does it set the new film apart from Sam Raimi's films, but Gwen is, realistically, the only other prominent romantic interest aside from Mary Jane who would conceivably work. Black Cat would come across too much like Catwoman to movie-going audiences; others like Betty, Liz, Debbie, etc. just don't have the same kind of clout; and having an entirely new original love interest for the films would be even more oft-putting. Besides, if MJ is eventually re-introduced in the reboot films, they can recreate her classic meeting with Peter and, hopefully, have her be in character this time around (as MJ in the Raimi films practically was Gwen in all but name, anyway).

That would be cool if we get the "Face it tiger, you just hit the jackpot!" line this time if they introduce her later.

I like this news, but c'mon emma roberts? And considering MEW for Gwen? I hope they dropped her to become MJ later on. No Katie Cassidy?

Emma Roberts is on the rise, she's a decent actress who got stuck in ****** movies.

Gwen first, MJ later makes as much sense as peanut butter and jelly. Just do it Sony.

That would be cool if we get the "Face it tiger, you just hit the jackpot!" line this time if they introduce her later.

Man that would be amazing! The line about it maybe being a made up chick has me worried though. BRING ON GWEN!

And is it just me or is that Ophelia Lovibond chick ugly as the day is long?

Thank Goodness! I am not a MJ fan, this is awesome news!

Emma Roberts would look too young next to Garfield, IMO. I don't think I would buy it.

And is it just me or is that Ophelia Lovibond chick ugly as the day is long?

No I think Ophelia is really pretty actually, to call her ugly is a really huge presumption.

National+Movie+Awards+Inside+Arrivals+j66xFRNHSEem.jpg

images

To me she looks very pretty so her or Imogen for Gwen is my decision I think.

Great news, assuming the "new character" does not come true. Assuming that they do go with Gwen, I hope they follow the ASM storyline arc's for her development.

I am very happy to have a MJ free movie. Between the movies and the comics, I'm sick to death of her being a major lynchpin in Peter's life.

I can see people not liking Dunst as MJ. But I can't see why anybody would dislike the character in general.

I can see people not liking Dunst as MJ. But I can't see why anybody would dislike the character in general.

I don't dislike her. I'm just fed up with her right now. The whole thing with the marriage/Mephisto crap in the comics, and of course Dunst's MJ, I've just become weary of MJ.

It'll be a breath of fresh air to see another of Peter's love interests get the spotlight for a change.

I don't dislike her. I'm just fed up with her right now. The whole thing with the marriage/Mephisto crap in the comics, and of course Dunst's MJ, I've just become weary of MJ.

It'll be a breath of fresh air to see another of Peter's love interests get the spotlight for a change.
I liked how Gwen took more of a spotlight for once in TSSM, that was nice. It's too bad we won't get to see more of it.

It says that MJ won't be the love interest. It didn't say she wouldn't be in the movie. I think people are jumping to conclusions.

Guess this guy's review of the script wasn't total BS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UREx4LZLF_U

While I don't mind MJ being left out of the movie, I'm not too crazy about any of the girls on that list except maybe Palmer...and to quote one of the guys in the comments section of the article, Collins looks like Andrew Garfield in a wig.

While I don't mind MJ being left out of the movie, I'm not too crazy about any of the girls on that list except maybe Palmer...and to quote one of the guys in the comments section of the article, Collins looks like Andrew Garfield in a wig.
He's also said several times in other videos that Gwen dies in the 2nd movie of this series but doesn't say exactly how, take of that what you will.

I like that they might be going with Gwen and probably have MJ as the supportive friend like in SSM. Also those girls look better than they do in those pics but I'm in support of Teresa Palmer or Emma Roberts as Gwen but keep in mind they they are STILL on the lookout.

P.S. Did any of you guys have a fun time laughing at the *****ing going on in the comments section in the front page for this topic? I did

The marriage thing with Mephisto is NOT a reason to be ''Weary" of Mary Jane. It's a reason to be weary of Marvel's treatment of her character.

He talks in his review in generalities, and opinions that everyone already had. For example, about everyone thought that the reboot will start with Gwen vs. MJ as the love interest. Does that make me an insider... No.

And he says that Peter will have to face the consequences of his own actions in the reboot??? WTF??? I thought that was what he had to face in the Raimi series also??? THAT does not take an Einstien to figure that out.

He says a lot about NOTHING. period.

^ It's called being vague so you don't get in trouble with the studios,hence why he had to take the review down for a while. Plus alot of people thought this wouldn't be any different from the Raimi franchise as well but I didnt think SM1 was about his life as a teen and him screwing up and accepting the consequences of his actions,I believe SM1 was about him growing up,learning about Responsibility and pining over MJ,lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"