• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Amazing Spider-Man No Mary Jane for reboot?

See, I am ALL IN for a Gwen Stacy arc story. Back when I was a kid in 2002, I didn't give a damn who the girlfriend was...and I loved Kirsten Dunst in the first 2 movies.

This will be good direction wise and could present a more emotional core to the story...but to the general audience's fault, they will be saying to themselves,"Who the hell is this Gwen Stacy? Why isn't Peter with MJ?!"

But MJ will definitely be in the reboot, girlfriend or not.

I'm happy they're going with a different love interest. But from the article it would seem perhaps Mary Elizabeth Winstead could've been in the running for Mary Jane?? I agree it would be a great ending to have the "jackpot" line at the end

Not too sure about any of these girls to be honest but maybe thats because I dont really know of their work except for Emma Roberts

Just MJ 'sassy' and i'm in, IF she's plays the 'other' girl.

Emma Roberts would be great...the only problem is that she is 18 or 19 while Garfield is in his mid 20s. That would come off awkward to me.

If anything, cast Teresa Palmer. She is very hot but I think she can execute a cute innocent girl like Gwen Stacy. AND PLEASE Mary Elizabeth Winstead for MJ! MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Who ever the love interest is, really doesn't matter. The most important thing is, they get the character right. There's no point rejoicing we're getting Gwen if she's gonna be written as something else. MJ should be in the movies but as for now, like most of you, her role should be sidelined but still in keeping with how the character was written during spidey's college years.

I don't understand how Emma Roberts is in the running. She's barely legal and is expected to be the love interest to a 27-year-old Andrew Garfield?

Lily Collins is 21 and yet she looks 15 or 16. I don't understand how she's in the running either. What Roberts and Collins have in common is famous relatives, but that shouldn't be a reason to take them seriously when they're clearly wrong for the role. Had they cast Josh Hutcherson and the film still took place in high school then they would make sense. So, really, this is a race between Ophelia Lovibond, Imogen Poots and Teresa Palmer.

Ohh great we now get to suffer the boring blonde. Somebody get me the goblin we got a jumper.

Seriously I have no love for gwen but it could interesting as long as we get the full story and mj gets introduced but knowing marvel she'll get shafted

This is great news! Finally Gwen as his first love! The death of Gwen was really important in his development in the comics. I'm getting excited for this reboot now...

Age is a non-factor. I mean we've had movies with Ryan Renolds making out passionately with Kirsten Stewart when she was barely legal. Emma will probably be a heavy weight in a few years so she is probably going to have to get used to working with much older guys anyhow. Besides... she can look like she's 30 if need be.
Emma_Roberts_33246.jpg

Last edited:
^ It's called being vague so you don't get in trouble with the studios,hence why he had to take the review down for a while. Plus alot of people thought this wouldn't be any different from the Raimi franchise as well but I didnt think SM1 was about his life as a teen and him screwing up and accepting the consequences of his actions,I believe SM1 was about him growing up,learning about Responsibility and pining over MJ,lol.

It's called being vague so he can come back and say "See I was right, I did KNOW and had inside info". Hell, since I have been saying the reboot (should) have Gwen as the main love interest, I could just of changed and said it would... T-Rust me, I have inside info.

Or..

Hey, we are going to get a quiping Spidey this time. Kinda a subjective statement there eh? How do you proved that we did or did not? It's a matter of opinion IF Garfield even makes ONE quip in the reboot.

Or...

I have been saying the reboot will kick off with a villain we have not seen. Pretty much common sense for most, so am I an insider? No

And lastly, SM1 screwed up by not stoping the burglar, and his uncle paid the price (and his best firend and his father (Norman) paid the price.. "Those I love will always pay the price"), so yes it was about him screwing up and having to accept the consequences of his actions. Yes, Raimi's version centered ALL around ONE girl too much, but Spider-Man will always be about Peter, and "With Great Power comes Great Responsibility"... and consequences.

^ It's called being vague so you don't get in trouble with the studios,hence why he had to take the review down for a while. Plus alot of people thought this wouldn't be any different from the Raimi franchise as well but I didnt think SM1 was about his life as a teen and him screwing up and accepting the consequences of his actions,I believe SM1 was about him growing up,learning about Responsibility and pining over MJ,lol.

He is vague because he doesn't know ****. If he was an insider and knew information that he could get in trouble for saying, then he wouldn't be posting videos touting that he knows all of this stuff and giving little worthless hints.

If I worked at the White House and I saw Joe Biden kill a guy and the Secret Service warned me that if I ever said anything about it, they would fire me and now allow me to work there ever again...I wouldn't be on youtube in an Obama cosplay costume talking about how I know the details of Joe Biden's involvement in someone's death. If he is an insider and he knows all of these people and gets to be an extra in these movies blah blah blah...then he wouldn't risk it by trying to be cool on youtube.

Last edited:
Well he said that it's based on what HIS sources tell him and he even mentioned that Parker would use a cellphone like in SSM. Come on now but he seems like a Spider-Man fan that just wanted to let us in or more info than Sony was,why antagonize him?

Anyway I know alot of people were accusing Sony of wanting to "remake the first movie" by using Green Goblin and having Parker pine over MJ. What he's saying basically was that it would greatly differentiate from Raimi's films and that it would be a truer representation plus if he DID read the first draft,of course he would know whether or not spidey will have his wisecracks because that's the responsiblity of the WRITER to retain the wisecracks and NOT the actor himself.

Anyway,we'll see in due time lol.

He's also said several times in other videos that Gwen dies in the 2nd movie of this series but doesn't say exactly how, take of that what you will.
I wouldn't doubt him 100%, tbh. If I remember correctly, he did provide us with information on the status of S-M4.

Well he said that it's based on what HIS sources tell him and he even mentioned that Parker would use a cellphone like in SSM. Come on now but he seems like a Spider-Man fan that just wanted to let us in or more info than Sony was,why antagonize him?

Anyway I know alot of people were accusing Sony of wanting to "remake the first movie" by using Green Goblin and having Parker pine over MJ. What he's saying basically was that it would greatly differentiate from Raimi's films and that it would be a truer representation plus if he DID read the first draft,of course he would know whether or not spidey will have his wisecracks because that's the responsiblity of the WRITER to retain the wisecracks and NOT the actor himself.

So a) you either read my post and did not get the point or b) you ignored my post. Either way, fine by me, go ahead drink the Koolaid. :woot: Give him his 5 minutes of fame if you want.

And as far as Gwen dieing, it's a guess on his part, if it comes true, he will say, see I told you so. If it does not, say it happens in the 3rd film of the reboot, or not at all.. he will simply claim... "Well.. scripts change.. early draft... yada yada yada". :whatever:

The marriage thing with Mephisto is NOT a reason to be ''Weary" of Mary Jane. It's a reason to be weary of Marvel's treatment of her character.

Nope, I'm weary of MJ in general. She's been the focal point in Peter's life, both in the movies and comics, for years. A new love interest will be most welcome.

So a) you either read my post and did not get the point or b) you ignored my post. Either way, fine by me, go ahead drink the Koolaid. :woot: Give him his 5 minutes of fame if you want.

And as far as Gwen dieing, it's a guess on his part, if it comes true, he will say, see I told you so. If it does not, say it happens in the 3rd film of the reboot, or not at all.. he will simply claim... "Well.. scripts change.. early draft... yada yada yada". :whatever:

Haha,well we'll see in due time wont we?

Of course they are going to do something different. They aren't going to remake SM1 when it was released 8 years ago.:doh:

I can make youtube videos saying that this movie will not be Green Goblin as the villain and MJ as the love interest. That is common sense. And Spider-Man is going to quip more...okay well that is like saying Spider-Man is going to shoot his webs more. Are you going to sit down and count the number of times he quipped in this reboot and compare it to SM1? No.

Here is my prediction for the third movie of this reboot because I have read the script: It will not be Peter Parker having trouble with his relationship with MJ due to the symbipote and the villains will not be Sandman, Green Goblin 2, and Venom all together. But I can tell you that Peter will face some immense personal choices.:doh::doh::doh:

Of course they are going to do something different. They aren't going to remake SM1 when it was released 8 years ago.:doh:

I can make youtube videos saying that this movie will not be Green Goblin as the villain and MJ as the love interest. That is common sense. And Spider-Man is going to quip more...okay well that is like saying Spider-Man is going to shoot his webs more. Are you going to sit down and count the number of times he quipped in this reboot and compare it to SM1? No.

Here is my prediction for the third movie of this reboot because I have read the script: It will not be Peter Parker having trouble with his relationship with MJ due to the symbipote and the villains will not be Sandman, Green Goblin 2, and Venom all together. But I can tell you that Peter will face some immense personal choices.:doh::doh:

Haha tell that to the anti-reboot trolls anyway he's proven himself credible in the past due to him giving us info on SM4 being cancelled when Raimi,Maguire and Sony were saying that it was still being made.

Also could anyone just make up that the villains originally intended for SM3 was Vulture and Sandman and that Ben Kingsley was originally in talks for the role of Vulture? which we didnt find about until a year after SM3 came out and people were saying that he was making BS when it was revealed that Venom would be the secondary villain instead. he had gave out that info before anyone else did, was that just him saying random obvious stuff then too?

BTW,in the last part of that sentence that ended with a question,I'm referring to the Sandman and Vulture thing as well as SM4 being cancelled.

Haha tell that to the anti-reboot trolls anyway he's proven himself credible in the past due to him giving us info on SM4 being cancelled when Raimi,Maguire and Sony were saying that it was still being made.

Also could anyone just make up that the villains originally intended for SM3 was Vulture and Sandman and that Ben Kingsley was originally in talks for the role of Vulture? which we didnt find about until a year after SM3 came out and people were saying that he was making BS when it was revealed that Venom would be the secondary villain instead. he had gave out that info before anyone else did, was that just him saying random obvious stuff then too?

BTW,in the last part of that sentence that ended with a question,I'm referring to the Sandman and Vulture thing as well as SM4 being cancelled.

LOL, you make about as much sense as his "predictions do". You sure you're ummm.. *cough* not related or something to this umm..err.. "Insider"? :woot:

Edit - here's you a question, since he "supposedly" already spilled the beans that Gwen will die in the 2nd movie of the reboot *GASP*... why NOT just spill the beans on who the villain in the first is going to be? Here's my insider info, Electro. Otherwise known as my guess at this point. But I reserve my "right" to claim I was only privy to the initial draft, you know how these things can change. Corporate politics, Studio Infighting, etc... oh wait, Sorry, you're NOT an insider LIKE ME!!!! lol

Last edited:
^ LOL, you make about as much sense as his "predictions do". You sure you're ummm.. *cough* not related or something to this umm..err.. "Insider"? :woot:

Edit - here's you a question, since he "supposedly" already spilled the beans that Gwen will die in the 2nd movie of the reboot *GASP*... why NOT just spill the beans on who the villain in the first is going to be? Here's my insider info, Electro. Otherwise known as my guess at this point. But I reserve my "right" to claim I was only privy to the initial draft, you know how these things can change. Corporate politics, Studio Infighting, etc... oh wait, Sorry, you're NOT an insider LIKE ME!!!! lol

No but I read the info he;s given out in the past and I even have to say that I was once skeptical but if you read his links on the countingdown forums you'd see what I'm talking about. Anyway,I don't want to war with any of you guys , I'm just not a fan of people just saying someone is BS or assumes that someone doesn't know anything without any actual evidence that states otherwise besides conspiracy theories.

But I actually want him to be right because it would make this better than the Raimi trilogy for sure.

P.S. I got a good little laugh out of the way you tried to make his theories,anyway Sony just made it obvious that Lizard/Doc Connors is set to be the main villain by the way they chose to debunk the actor and not the source but keep in mind that he's not necessarily the "inside source" but that he has inside sources plus he's a registered actor so it's not that much of a stretch.

Last edited:
This guy is like a fake psychic. You know a few things for sure that everyone else knows and you make broad generalizations that sound like specific things that only a few people would know.

You once had a pet that died? You loved it very much didn't you? I see an older person that also died that you were very fond of, a grandparent or great grandparent perhaps? They are with your dead pet and they both say hello.

I would believe him if he posted some details. All he is posting are very broad brush strokes.

No I think Ophelia is really pretty actually, to call her ugly is a really huge presumption.
How the heck is that a presumption?! I have seen about as many pictures you have of that chick. The only difference is you think she's good looking. We are basing our conclusions on the same pictures, so if my opinion is a presumption, so is yours. We just have different standards. Obviously mine are higher.

With all that said, that woman is hideous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"