Legion Noah Hawley's Legion (FX) - General Discussion Thread

See? And some of y'all thought this was it for the show because of the ratings, or it not being a very appealing show. FX knows what they like.

Now we can enjoy the final two episodes of the season.

bYqZ7yD.gif

In spite of my disappointment with season 2, its renewal is still good news. This show can get back on track, I know it.

I'll be honest, I didn't expect this show to be renewed, but I am very very happy that it is. Legion is like this flawed diamond, the type of series that just doesn't really want to play by the rules. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't, but either way it is always different than anything else on television right now. I'm a happy camper.

Yeah that was really well done. :)

Series 2 just finished where I live so I finally feel safe to come here.

Holy ****! This is the best superhero show since Adam West Batman, it feels like sacrilege to say, but it might even be better.

Hawley is a ****ing genius!

I'm looking forward to series 3 more than any other superhero show or film.

We just watched a movie -- The man who invented Christmas -- out of season, I know. But Dan Stevens was in it and absolutely wonderful. :D He's got a wonderful range, justvlike does as David. :)

So Legion just got an Emmy nomination- Dana Gonzales for Chapter 9. Cinematography. It's baby steps. While I and I'm sure others hope for some acting nods, this is still something. Even if the show doesn't get it, it's nice that it's getting acknowledged for its visuals.

So the girlfriend and I watched the first 3-4 eps, can't remember, of season 2 as they aired but we got sidetracked with life. We haven't felt the compulsion to jump back in. I'm finding that we didn't get gripped from the go like we did season 1 or else we would've been caught up as soon as we could. Last season was must watch for us but the episodes that we did see this season just didn't feel as accessible and seemed much more of a chore unlike last seasons for us. Seems much more out there and harder to follow now. What is your opinion of season 2 so far? Up or down compared to 1?

See, I'd say up because it doubled down on its weirdness, even though people would see that as a turn-off or you've got people like psy saying that this wasn't appealing. Admittedly, Season 1 is more straightforward, but also setup and in hindsight feels like a jumping-off point for the show to really explore more this season. And this season may not be as accessible as the first, sure, but unlike a lot of shows that play catch-up, this one jumps right back into the thick of it, but goes even thicker.

Stuff like the Vermillion, David going into people's minds, the Shadow King battle at the end, this is all a level of weird that the show couldn't have done in its first season. And maybe I'll see once Season 2 is out on Blu-Ray, but I do think right now that Season 1 is a simpler watch because, again, it's more straightforward.

I think S2 was better, it was more concentrated weirdness, like Hawley was let off the leash. I can see that for some people that would be a offputting, but it was very onputting for me.

We just watched a movie -- The man who invented Christmas -- out of season, I know. But Dan Stevens was in it and absolutely wonderful. :D He's got a wonderful range, justvlike does as David. :)

Soo true!!

I am very late, but I just finished watching Legion Season Two and wanted to share my thoughts.

This was a very difficult season to get through for a number of reasons. One is just the story structure and plot. Season One felt like a relatively conventional narrative (when you boil it down) told in a very unconventional way. This season was the opposite. I think the way the story was presented as far as filming went was actually far more traditional (or maybe I've just gotten more used to weird) once you get past the dance number in the first episode. But the story itself was very weirder, abstract, and confusing. The elements of the story were often symbolic and very hard to understand. Entire episodes felt like tangents that were symbolically important, but only in retrospect. In that sense, I think this season will feel stronger on repeat viewings.

The second reason this season was difficult was the subject matter. It dealt with psychosis and delusion in a way that was powerful but deeply unsettling. The fundamental delusion of the story is that David is a good person. It's something we accept despite evidence to the contrary and continue to accept way beyond the point of no return. Even at the end, everything in me wants to say that it's a trick and that the Shadow King is the villain, not David. And the delusion has some basis in the truth (the Shadow King is a villain). But it's really easy to excuse the inexcusable for the sake of the narrative that David is a good person doing good things. The story really forces you to confront your preconceptions or else succumb to the same delusion as David.

I think the season had a lot of hanging threads that I'm hoping get developed in season three. Ptonomy is still technically around and could have somewhere interesting to go. Kerry and Carey had an interesting story that I don't think got developed enough. On the whole, I think the character work could have been stronger this season. But I'm looking forward to a David/Lenny road trip next season. I think the new status quo could be quite interesting, but there's always a danger of it becoming repetitive.

The second reason this season was difficult was the subject matter. It dealt with psychosis and delusion in a way that was powerful but deeply unsettling. The fundamental delusion of the story is that David is a good person. It's something we accept despite evidence to the contrary and continue to accept way beyond the point of no return. Even at the end, everything in me wants to say that it's a trick and that the Shadow King is the villain, not David. And the delusion has some basis in the truth (the Shadow King is a villain). But it's really easy to excuse the inexcusable for the sake of the narrative that David is a good person doing good things. The story really forces you to confront your preconceptions or else succumb to the same delusion as David.

I loved this, I'm a big fan of fiction that makes you think. Legion makes you reconsider who yourself and the world.

It's not much, but Bill Sienkiewicz, who you all know has done some amazing art work for Legion, tweeted out that he'll be involved in any way that he can for Season 3:

Looking forward to it. :D

Season 3 casting news.

‘Legion’ Season 3 Casts Lauren Tsai (EXCLUSIVE)

Lauren Tsai has joined the third season of “Legion” at FX, Variety has learned exclusively.

Tsai joins the series in the role of Switch, described as a young mutant whose secret ability serves as the key to executing David Haller’s plan.

Tsai previously made her television debut on the Japanese-language reality series “Terrace House: Aloha State.” Her role on “Legion” will mark her television acting debut. She is primarily known for her work as a model and artist. As an artist, she recently collaborated with Marc Jacobs on a capsule collection that was released in October.

Her TV debut. I'm immediately reminded of how Logan was the first thing anyone ever saw Dafne Keen in and now I wonder if we could get a similar surprise performance for a relatively new face. Though you all know who on here will absolutely detest that Ms. Tsai is playing what appears to be an original mutant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"