Official Batman Beyond Appreciation Thread

Great show..
I love that WB wanted a lighter spiderman/high school take on Batman yet the show became even darker than the older series.

I enjoyed many of the new villains (Currareh, Shriek, Inque etc), I equally enjoyed the interplay between batman and the history and foes of the original batman.

Above all else though I really loved the banter between Bruce and Terry.

Oddly enough I saw 2 paperbacks of Batman Beyond at the comic store....one involved the "future" Justice League and both books were quite good..I may just take up watching the show again.

"I personally feel that this series doesn't recieve nearly the amount of praise that it should."

I completely agree! I was also a little wary about this show due to loving BTAS so much. But as I continued to watch it I liked it more and more - Bruce was an amazing Batman, but him mentoring Terry was just as great to watch.

It's great to have it on Netflix. I only watched the tv show. I saw some youtube vids where Bruce is his father or something like that. I never saw it and that is just a terrible idea and I'm glad I didn't see it.

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/83252989020/darwyn-cookes-75th-anniversary-batman-beyond

https://movies.yahoo.com/video/batman-beyond-short-film-192211473.html

tumblr_n4b0u0Oc821rrkahjo1_250.gif
tumblr_n4b0u0Oc821rrkahjo2_250.gif

izj08pNlzzOMy.gif

tumblr_n4b0u0Oc821rrkahjo4_250.gif
tumblr_n4b0u0Oc821rrkahjo3_250.gif

Indeed but just when it was getting good it ends. Heck this was shorter than the Batman Strange Days short. It kind of felt like a tease in the end. And I really wanted to see Bruce & Terry fighting side by side against those robotic versions of Batman (one of each from Kane/Finger's, The Batman, B&TB, TDKReturns, Burton's, Adam West's, and Beware The Batman's), which was cool. In fact I wouldn't mind seeing a full episode of that. This also made me nostalgic for the actual Beyond show. Still very cool short overall.

that short was so awesome!

the only Batman that was missing in the end was Bale though :down

seeing this though makes me wish we could get another Batman Beyond animated film

I think the rubber suit Batman was supposed to be the general movie Batman universe one.

I'm watching Batman Beyond again, and Terry is like the opposite of Tim Drake, one enters the manor and finds the cave, the older guy entered the cave and found the manor.

Sentries of the Last Cosmos
Batman is experienced at flying and fighting, but he was unable to take down a squad of geeks on hoverboards they are not experienced to fly and maneuver very well. Not a moment of excellence for this show.

This episode lacks the voice of Mark Hamill.

Speak no Evil
I wonder if they watched this episode and took inspiration for Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

...it's funny, I HATED the show when it was running, (I remember back in the day they had to say it was a POSSIBLE future for BTAS because a lot of people felt the same). However I've grown to like it... I find it interesting how none of Terry's villains are as deranged and crazed as Bruce's...then again, you would HOPE that GOTHAM's mental illness problem has been taken care of...

Also...anyone see a lot of... Spider-Man in a couple of the villains...

I mean we have Kraven
latest

Shocker
Shriek.gif

The group in 'April's Moon' remind me of the Wrecking Crew, and their leader is more like Serpent Society's Constrictor.

So I'm guessing that Batman & Harley Quinn movie takes place after the flashback in Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker.
Or maybe I'm just guessing wrong, and that movie has zero to do with the cannon, though it celebrates 25 years of B:TAS.

Why did the writers feel Bruce had to be depicted as a lonely recluse? As basically having failed in his personal and business life as well as having retired from being a superhero?

How different would the show have been if it had had Bruce still with and married to Barbara, who still was the commissioner of police?

Still one of my favorite cartoons of all time. And it produced,I think,one of the most underrated Batman movies of all time with the Return of the Joker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"