The Dark Knight Rises OFFICIAL: Batman in Los Angeles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn I wonder why they are filming so late. cool! I wonder if it's a scene they don't want anyone seeing but they have to film in that tunnel so they are filming it at night hoping no Ninjas would be around.

Little did they know. ;)

Shooting a film is hard work. Sometimes you don't finish shooting till 5 AM and then you got to be back on set at 7 AM

i'm kind of pi**ed. I live literally a few blocks from the tunnel but i was at another shoot all night that will continue till Monday (not anything interesting, a commercial). Though it would be weird to visit the set and not be working it as a PA/PC.

2ce13a74e95d4db685b3df6ea6312dd8_7.jpg

http://instagr.am/p/MDgwc/

I can understand wrecked cars being strewn about -- but stacked? I wonder how that happens.

They're not shooting until Sunday (tomorrow) and Monday and then moving on to the 6th street bridge. Should be a tight shoot. MSwift and I checked it out last night and while security was light, it seems they've got about two blocks reserved and will be blocking it off for trailers, base camp, equipment set up, etc. that means they'd be pushing us regular people trying to see further back, not being able to see a thing.

Last night we were a block away from the tunnel and we still couldn't see much. In fact, we couldn't see anything at all INSIDE the tunnel because it was blocked by cars stacked upon cars. We went around to the other side of the tunnel and you can see through (security there too) and it seems all the action is going to take place on the opposite side. If you're planning to attend anyway, the best parking places (as trying to find parking in downtown LA is a conundrum) is a parking structure (World Trade Center) that charges $7 after 4:30 I think, or on the other side of the tunnel (with the least action) that charges $5 and you can just walk around.

Here's a wide panoramic shot I got from my angle so you guys get an idea of the location.
panasig.jpg

Left side:
leftsideyp.jpg

Close up of tunnel entrance:
tunnelu.jpg

I didn't get a photo of it, but on the right side (sidewalk) they had weird props: lunch tables, shopping carts, fences, rolling chairs + more stacked upon each other.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reports and pics guys! :up:

I can understand wrecked cars being strewn about -- but stacked? I wonder how that happens.

I know it's a remote possibility but what if the stacked cars are actually to block people in/out?

how some painted cracks can make a big difference. visual they look real yet its only an illusion

Man looks like Nolan is gonna be using the entire budget this time. This movie is gonna be so awesome.

Just left the tunnel, so cool. The guard I was talking too was very cool. He let me take a few photos. Also he told me they well be filming tonight and sunday.

He told me he was also at the Torrance shoot, he said they used thousands of live bats on the parking garage.

i see no reason to use real bats. they made realistic cgi bats in 2005. and you have full control how they fly and how much .

Just left the tunnel, so cool. The guard I was talking too was very cool. He let me take a few photos. Also he told me they well be filming tonight and sunday.

He told me he was also at the Torrance shoot, he said they used thousands of live bats on the parking garage.
I find that highly difficult to believe.

That sounds awesome! I hope it's true but I have doubts based on what Nolan and his crew said about working with live bats on the Begins DVD Features. They tried insanely hard to use real Bats during the Arkham scene, but failed hardcore and Nolan had to grudgingly use CGI. However, that might have been because of the complexity of the Bats' movements in those scenes, like having to respond to movement of the ultrasonic device and all that.

That's what the guard told me, I'm not sure if he was lying. But he said he couldn't believe his eyes, the got like 200 crew members to gather the bats after the shoot was over. Again he might of made it up. Don't know.

Awesome! Been wondering when they're actually going to shoot some WE stuff.

RE: The Bats - I don't care if they used real ones or CGI but it would be awesome if that info is true and they used them again. I loved how Batman used them in BB.

http://twitter.com/#!/movieguy711/status/110121063198892032

@movieguy711
Jason Croddy

@olv the backside of the tunnel is completely empty. I'm expecting something to slam through here from behind. #batman yfrog.com/kkgtuokj

I wonder if those cars were used to block people from going in and out of Gotham and then we see Batman slamming through the cars to get in/out?

Last edited:
The batcave returns so I'm fairly certain the bats will as well. :cwink:

What's this talk about CG Bats?

Loving the look of the stacked cars. Looks like Gotham has gone to hell :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member