Official Booster Gold Thread

The Leaguer

Avenger
Reaction score
From Newsarama:

Newsarama said:
Reached for comment Friday evening about the new Booster Gold series announced by Dan Didio at their LA DC Nation panel, writer Geoff Johns shared some brief thoughts on the new series…

“I won't say much right now, but I loved writing Booster Gold in 52,” wrote Johns, “Absolutely loved him. Especially in 52 - week 52, where he's extremely prominent. Dan Jurgens created a brilliant character way ahead of his time. So I had ideas for a Booster Gold book. In the same vein as the Power Girl arc in JSA: Classified and Stars & S.T.R.I.P.E. or Quantum Leap and Doctor Who. We need more time travel!! And the idea made Booster Gold the link between 52 and Countdown. The first arc is called "52 Pick-Up!" and deals with the ramifications of the ending of 52. What new things appear, how and why, etc.

“So who's Jeff Katz? Do a quick Google search and you'll see. He wrote for Image Comics and he's a film producer and executive. His background speaks for himself. I met him in L.A. Jeff's mom and mine knew each other in Detroit before we were even born. His instincts are great. His humor is contagious. He loves the DC Universe as much as I do. And Jeff's favorite character is Booster Gold. Ever since the >b>Justice League International days. So against all of Dan Didio's wishes, we're giving a JLI member their own monthly book.

“What else can I say? A bar fight with Jonah Hex, the world's greatest Green Lantern Guy Gardner's first day on the job, the Justice League International, Rip Hunter, a last page that will rival Justice Society of America’s and...Supernova?

“I co-wrote the proposal with Jeff Katz and am co-writing for at least the first few issues, but this will really be Jeff's book.

“And I can't say more about Dan Jurgens and Norm Rapmund. We wouldn't have a Booster Gold without Dan and Norm is the icing on the cake. More from all of us next week!!”

Booster1.jpg

I think we can all agree that this is a book we didn't need.

I might get it. Let's see how 52 ends, first.

Time-hopping Booster sounds... odd. I'll probably give it a couple issues.

Time-hopping Booster sounds... true to booster...
after all.. he is from the future, and he has been back there a few times

And I do love Booster. As long as they can keep it true to the character. I'd love a series with him. It'd be better if Ted was still alive and it'd be a team-up book. Maybe he can hang out with the new Blue Beetle.

^you want booster to hang out with a teenager?

Time-hopping Booster sounds... true to booster...
after all.. he is from the future, and he has been back there a few times
It was never his defining characteristic, though. Capitalism was, followed by comedy. I'm just not sure what this series is going for or how it'll turn out. If it were Keith Giffen writing Booster in the JLI tradition, I'd be on it in a heartbeat. If they slap the character with a serious stick, however, I probably won't be all that interested.

Geoff Johns is on a mission: To ruin every DC character he can.

I wonder if he only wrote Wally and the JSA so well to get himself to this point...

This should be cool. Booster was awesome in 52. Can't wait for this!

Certinaly on board, I'll remain as optimistic as I can. Love Booster, love Time Travel stories. Just hope Geoff Johns is in Flash/JSA mode and not Green Lantern /Teen Titans mode.

It was never his defining characteristic, though. Capitalism was, followed by comedy. I'm just not sure what this series is going for or how it'll turn out. If it were Keith Giffen writing Booster in the JLI tradition, I'd be on it in a heartbeat. If they slap the character with a serious stick, however, I probably won't be all that interested.

I agree. Time travel stories are fun, but as we've learnt really mess up continuity and we already have a number of time travel specific characters. If you want to write time travel stories use one of them

Booster is all about being out of time, knowing certain things about the future and is generally all about making money, pulling girls and having fun

I'll give it a shot, I think Booster's cool. I really liked his story in 52.

I wonder if he only wrote Wally and the JSA so well to get himself to this point...

Its funny, its like a pattern, starts off awesome and then starts ruining characters for no reason, like he did with She-Hulk and Hank Pym in Avengers.

I would have rather have had a Ted Kord/Blue Beetle series than this.....or at least the "Blue and Gold" series we were promised years ago.

i love booster and i love JSA so thats enough for me to give this a shot

Its funny, its like a pattern, starts off awesome and then starts ruining characters for no reason, like he did with She-Hulk and Hank Pym in Avengers.
Which is why I'm planning to only buy the first 6 issues of the series. I'm excited as ****.

I'll be getting the first issue and if it's good enough, will definetly be on board. Can't wait!

Some more Booster. Just an informal chat from Newsarama where half way through Geoff Johns and Jeff Katz beat off Dan Jurgens.

I'm still looking forward to the series though.

Meh, I'm not completely hating this yet.

I'm not interested enough in Booster to buy an ongoing of him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"