• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official Red Lantern Corps Thread! We Mad!

I haven't read anything New Green lantern related in ages...so thought I would give the first issue of all the new GL related books a shot. I read the Red Lantern Corps last night...didn't really work for me.

This book would be so much better if it were written more "alien" and not like its just funny looking humans.

Yes! This is a huge problem with this book for me

and it's a shame because milligan's justice league dark seems pretty imaginative by comparison.

I haven't read anything New Green lantern related in ages...so thought I would give the first issue of all the new GL related books a shot. I read the Red Lantern Corps last night...didn't really work for me.

I can def see how the first issue(and the 2nd really) wouldn't draw in new readers. If I didn't know and like the RLCs from before, I'd likely skip this book too, at least this first arc.

I had no idea who they are or how they got started.....the first issue lets me know the main guy was pissed because his world got destroyed....but it didn't explain how he created a power ring or started his own corp. It just wasn't my cup of tea. A couple of the other GL related titles were interesting to me though....so I'll pick up the next issues of them.

I was surprised that they were able to give the RLs some kind of pathos, with Bleez and her storyline and quest and whatever. I'd like to see more or the angry power fantasy fulfilled, with Red Lanterns rampaging and cavorting like Firefly Reapers or something. One of the Red Lanterns could develop a sense of 'justice' being angry at what they viewed as worthy criminals, bringing the Red Lanterns down on an unsuspecting corrupt empire. Atrocitus talks enough about his planet, but in the few appearances I've seen of him, I've never seen a flashback, or even learned the planet's name.

I liked Bleez' story as well. Atrocitus really needs to watch her, we can't have any mutinies. Ryut is Atrocitus' home planet BTW.

Agreed. And people though is was just gonna be about angry snarling mindless RLs

Maannnnn! these guys have become the coolest lanterns !this last book with sorry ass dude calling the cops on his bullying brother .they show up and start beating him to death and he tell them to stop... and the red ring chooses him. i cant wait till he beat the &^%$ outta those cops!!Between this and Razer on the animated series. i would so join these guys! They oh so rock!With blood and rage of crimson red,Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead,Together with our hellish hate,We'll burn you all--That is your fate!i just love saying that now!

Haha, I want Atrocitus to stop being a little punk though. He needs to put Bleez in her place and take back the reigns of his Corps

I agree!I liked whe he slammed Bleez's head against the ground when he thought she had took kronas body,but he needs to step up to the plate more and show that chick who's running the show!

Once he gets the poison out of the battery, that needs to be his next objective.

Also agree I think this earthdude since was a sorry ass before is going to really become somebody! Earth dude in lantern corps are always the dudes. I love this freaking book!

I knew I was going to like these dudes when whoever orginally thought of them used the part of Dante's" the divine comedy." Where those full of hate and anger in hell ,fight each other for eternity in a river of blood.just like Atrocitus and crew. That %^^ is cool ass! Whoever thought of that is a super genuis! I love those guys just tusslin with each in the blood ocean! Freakin unlike stupid yoda said" anger and hate" can be a powerful motivator! (If hehe used correctly!)I sooooooo want a red ring! I would join the reds in a min!....what?! To do good of course!I would never think about eradicating people on a list I have in my pocket or something.hehe

Me personally I would like razer to be introduced and he becomes the 2nd( that chick needs to learn who's boss!). That's the only thing I don't dig about the animated series .they are making Atro out to be a bad guy instead of just one pissed off dude with a grudge!

Me personally I would like razer to be introduced and he becomes the 2nd( that chick needs to learn who's boss!). That's the only thing I don't dig about the animated series .they are making Atro out to be a bad guy instead of just one pissed off dude with a grudge!

I hate when cartoon or movie stuff influences the comics so Razer can go kick rocks. I'm not a big fan of the cartoon in general(I watch it to support the industry) but it's miles behind YJ and Avengers. But enough about that. I'd really like to see Skallox step up as Atrocitus' #2.

i use to be like that too. till i say the 1st Xmen flick and toad. i was like damn!Toad in all years i read comics has never been that cool! how come he cant be like that in the comics ?!? now I'm cool to something if its good from somewhere else like a toon or movie. "Harlequin", calling supes" smallville." they were all cool things outside of comics so I dont mind em. i dig Raz cause he's your basic young, pissed off guy, but with all these cats now boo-hooing and being emo about having powers. it cool to see somebody like i dont care! i want your ass to burn! Plus you get to see the development of character with him. I'm cool with skallox being #2 .he's like the Reds Kilowag anyways. anybody but freakin Bleez. I dated a chick like that for year who was just like Bleez thought she was all that and a bag of a chips!i hate that chick and i hate Bleez too! Haha( told you i need to be a red!) i want Bleez to get what's coming to her from Atro!

i use to be like that too. till i say the 1st Xmen flick and toad. i was like damn!Toad in all years i read comics has never been that cool! how come he cant be like that in the comics ?!? now I'm cool to something if its good from somewhere else like a toon or movie. "Harlequin", calling supes" smallville." they were all cool things outside of comics so I dont mind em. i dig Raz cause he's your basic young, pissed off guy, but with all these cats now boo-hooing and being emo about having powers. it cool to see somebody like i dont care! i want your ass to burn! Plus you get to see the development of character with him. I'm cool with skallox being #2 .he's like the Reds Kilowag anyways. anybody but freakin Bleez. I dated a chick like that for year who was just like Bleez thought she was all that and a bag of a chips!i hate that chick and i hate Bleez too! Haha( told you i need to be a red!) i want Bleez to get what's coming to her from Atro!

Skallox vs Kilawog in the cartoon was prob the best 15 seconds of the show for me. What a fight!

Th new guy Rankorr and Razer might be a bit redundant in the comics. I think they fill the same role for each medium. Haha, sux you dated a Bleez though.

Haha, sux you dated a Bleez though.
Sucked big time man!....... but she got what she deserved! hehe :cwink:
Skallox vs Kilawog in the cartoon was prob the best 15 seconds of the show for me. What a fight!
Oh hell yeah!That fight was awesome!!i tell you for me this book is the best DC is making right now and the reds are the best thing to come out of all the blackest night bull&^%!

Sucked big time man!....... but she got what she deserved! hehe :cwink:

Oh hell yeah!That fight was awesome!!i tell you for me this book is the best DC is making right now and the reds are the best thing to come out of all the blackest night bull&^%!

RLC is a good book, but as much as it hurts to say, The Batbooks have been blowing me away

Man this boook is sooooo sweet!I just love it! Only again Atrocius needs to rip that^&*%^ chick Bleez's head clean off!though I do dig that she's pissed at the star sapphires and is about to attack their asses. I love when the ring chooses you .your heart pops and is replaced with the red energy! That's cool!!! Ijust hate on the animated series they are just bad guys.in the book they are like a bunch of space( marvel )punishers!

Man! i saw DC is cancelling 3 titles. I am sooooooo glad the RLC aint one of them. they are the best thing now for me!I loved these guys sooooooo much! I met people at the con in Phoenix who were like whats wrong with you man! you are in shape to pull stuff off. there are having a con in Sept in Vegas! I think i am going as one of these cats! maybe get some cherry kool-aid and split it out at people! hahahahaha:cwink:
all together now
With blood and rage of crimson red,Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead,Together with our hellish hate,We'll burn you all--That is your fate!

.... i just love that!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"