Spider-Man 3 Official Thread for the Spider-Man 3 Footage on Heroes and NBC.com!

Well, yeah of course, thats pretty obvious but ordinary traffic wouldn't set of his spider-sense because its not a threat. If a vehicle was speeding up towards him, then it would go off because there's an immediate threat/danger but where there's no incident in traffic, there's no reason for his spider-sense to go off.

Correct

He did react differently. I just watched that particular scene 30mins ago for reference. He reacted sooner and effectively, allowing him to have the time to avoide the car's collision. Whereas in sm3, he reacted too slow thus, not being able to avoid Harry. The car's speed being slower had nothing to do with it, to me it looks as though the car and harry were moving towards Pete at similar speeds but thats irrelevent, the case in point is, that the spider-sense responded way too slow in sm3.

Not at all. The spider sense goes off all the time when there is danger. Like I said before, its a consistant occurance just like the ability to wall crawl is. The only times where the spider sense "doesn't go off" is if the threat is venom or anyone else who can somehow bypass the spider-sense or if, spidey deliberately or subconsciously ignores it. Key word, ignore.

First of all, as so many others are quick to point out, this is the movie not the comics. Raimi claims to know how what spidey's all about, so why not get it right? Secondly, writers dont have to spoon feed the notion that Pete deliberately/subconsciously ignores his spidey sense. That'll just serve nothing more as an unwanted distraction, something Stan Lee respectfully used to do with his comics back in the day but isn't needed today.

Jesus, you went throught the trouble of watching the scene again? Sorry, that exceeds my geekism limit... It doesn´t ruin the movie or the scene for me, I don´t think it´s that important, I simply refuse to sweat that much over it... Period.

Well, yeah of course, thats pretty obvious but ordinary traffic wouldn't set of his spider-sense because its not a threat. If a vehicle was speeding up towards him, then it would go off because there's an immediate threat/danger but where there's no incident in traffic, there's no reason for his spider-sense to go off.

Correct

He did react differently. I just watched that particular scene 30mins ago for reference. He reacted sooner and effectively, allowing him to have the time to avoide the car's collision. Whereas in sm3, he reacted too slow thus, not being able to avoid Harry. The car's speed being slower had nothing to do with it, to me it looks as though the car and harry were moving towards Pete at similar speeds but thats irrelevent, the case in point is, that the spider-sense responded way too slow in sm3.

Not at all. The spider sense goes off all the time when there is danger. Like I said before, its a consistant occurance just like the ability to wall crawl is. The only times where the spider sense "doesn't go off" is if the threat is venom or anyone else who can somehow bypass the spider-sense or if, spidey deliberately or subconsciously ignores it. Key word, ignore.

First of all, as so many others are quick to point out, this is the movie not the comics. Raimi claims to know how what spidey's all about, so why not get it right? Secondly, writers dont have to spoon feed the notion that Pete deliberately/subconsciously ignores his spidey sense. That'll just serve nothing more as an unwanted distraction, something Stan Lee respectfully used to do with his comics back in the day but isn't needed today.

Jesus, you went throught the trouble of watching the scene again? Sorry, that exceeds my geekism limit... One way or another, it doesn´t ruin the movie or the scene for me, I don´t think it´s that big or that important, I simply refuse to sweat that much over it... Period. All this microscope scrutiny thing does is ruin cool stuff and give fans the Simpsons comic book guy reputation.

Meh, Spidey Sense didn't went off because it wasn't any seriously dangerous foe, it was just Angry Friend With Guns.

Spidey Sense only goes off when there's a real death threat around.

I just made that rule up.

Angry Friend With Weapons, he doesn't really have a gun

Spidey Sense only goes off when there's a real death threat around.

I just made that rule up.

With the exception of Flash's fist and MJ slipping this seems to be very true. It is something I thought of while watching both films again a while ago, it is how I get past the lack of Spider Sense for Harry anyway.

Thats quite a few exceptions considering the small amount that his spidersense has gone off in the films

Thats quite a few exceptions considering the small amount that his spidersense has gone off in the films

LOL, very true...you know what I never got why in the first one does the camera decide to go to a fly, then a spit ball and then Flash's fist? There may have been a stylistic reason but logically...they aren't really a threat to Peter are they?

Anyway....there are not that many times his Spider Sense fails to go of just a couple which is better than a lot. I also understand those people who say it drains the tension out of scenes but unfortunatly that is not the first thing I think of.

It's not depicting the dangers around Paker, it's portraying the incredible ability the spider-sense is, how every aspect of his surroundings become easily identifiable.

I can't imagine one person on these boards who doesn't own the films

It's not depicting the dangers around Paker, it's portraying the incredible ability the spider-sense is, how every aspect of his surroundings become easily identifiable.

Subjectively of course.

You disagree?

Sorry no. I had a feeling you would think that.

I mean, yes you are right in it showing the Spider Sense's ability to make Peter completly aware of his surroundings but its sensitivity is subjective within the context of the movie and the situation.

oh ye no doubt, Peters spidersense in the comic improved over time, he eventually was able to detect the level of danger and the proximity. However it hasn't been specified in the movies, an aspect where I feel these films can improve on, emphasising Peters powers and showing the true extent of what he is able to do.

oh ye no doubt, Peters spidersense in the comic improved over time, he eventually was able to detect the level of danger and the proximity. However it hasn't been specified in the movies, an aspect where I feel these films can improve on, emphasising Peters powers and showing the true extent of what he is able to do.

Agreed. I think aside from Venom and Monster Sandman...and the final battle...one of the main things I am looking forward to in 3 is showing us the extent of the Symbiote augmenting Spidey's powers. I reckon one of things that will happen is that Spidey will get completly battered by Sandy when in his normal costume yet when he is Symbi Spidey he batters Sandy.

Ye I reckon so as well, the symbiote suits powers will be depicted in two pivotal moments, the train/sandman sequence and Parker and Harry at the mansion. Both will portray full the symbiotes affect over Peter, both the emotional and physical aspects

Ye I reckon so as well, the symbiote suits powers will be depicted in two pivotal moments, the train/sandman sequence and Parker and Harry at the mansion. Both will portray full the symbiotes affect over Peter, both the emotional and physical aspects

And not forgetting of course the scene where he throws MJ to the floor and she says "Whats happened to you?"

That did slip my mind, but I'm sure there will be plenty of symbiote Peter not being his usual self, I just feel as a pivotal example of it's physical enhancement the Sandman fight will depict this and the Harry scene (and MJ as you mentioned) will convey the emotional turmoil it causes

Agreed. I think aside from Venom and Monster Sandman...and the final battle...one of the main things I am looking forward to in 3 is showing us the extent of the Symbiote augmenting Spidey's powers. I reckon one of things that will happen is that Spidey will get completly battered by Sandy when in his normal costume yet when he is Symbi Spidey he batters Sandy.
me to man. Symbiote spidey is indeed more powerful than he was without the symbiote. I mean spidey holding someone's face (sandman's face) against a train is something spidey would never do which is no doubt showing how much the symbiote is changing peter's actions. he even web-swings faster than he ever did because of the changes the symbiote has made to him.

That did slip my mind, but I'm sure there will be plenty of symbiote Peter not being his usual self, I just feel as a pivotal example of it's physical enhancement the Sandman fight will depict this and the Harry scene (and MJ as you mentioned) will convey the emotional turmoil it causes

Nothing mentioned yet...well not to my knowledge anyway is bad Peter's personality to Aunt May. We have yet to have Pete say anything remotely 'bad' to May. Not counting the 'confession' I mean like maliciously attempting to upset or shouting at her. That will be a huge shock to audiences if that happens.

I agree with you analysis and I can't wait to see how the Pete and Harry Mansion scene will play out. Obviously Pete finbds out that MJ and Harry kissed and so takes out his anger on him and then goes back to Mj and what just throws her down. Which judging from his reaction on the trailers is a major occurence that causes him to question his new suit.

Another anticipation? The Symbiote mask, I really want to see either Pete allowing the Symbiote mask on first and then revelaing the rest of his costume under his clothes OR he rips of his clothes and then allows the Symbiote mask to cover him.

Your absoloutly right, we havn't heard much about the relationship between symbiote Peter and May. I'm hoping it's something to do with Uncle Ben

I've posted this about 56 times and got no response. Where can I download a wmv version of this clip?

Your absoloutly right, we havn't heard much about the relationship between symbiote Peter and May. I'm hoping it's something to do with Uncle Ben

Me to, I would love for Pete to really shout at her but at the same time I would probably feel really uncomfortable.

I've posted this about 56 times and got no response. Where can I download a wmv version of this clip?

You probably got no repsonse because no one knows where you can download a wmv version of the clip ;)

Yeah but - nobody? There are like 100 users browsing a day - and it could be mpeg/avi/wmv etc - anything but .mov

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"