Official Young Avengers Discussion Thread - Part 1

It's just barely keeping me. I think it's more so Prodigy and McKelvie's art than anything. The story's not exactly all that interesting in my opinion, but it looks like Gillen's coming toward the end of this long-running plot, so maybe the next direction will be something more interesting.

What made/makes the book unique is getting frustrating. It's now feeling like when you jump into a movie after missing the first 30 mins. Here's hoping the next arc is better. Damn, I miss Heinberg.

Gillen's a good writer but he's paling on this book compared to Heinberg. That man had a great vision for these characters. I feel like Gillen is more focused on their age than the characters themselves. There's development as far as the types of things kids their age go through, but as far as personal growth... not a whole lot. With the exception of Loki and maybe Wiccan, the majority of these characters could be switched out with other young characters and the story would barely need to be altered.

I think most parts are brilliant but the parts which are bad really let it down. I am still not clear what has happened to Speed. Is he dead?!

Not really. They've been jumping through realities hunting the fake Patriot dude. Speed is literally half the reason for this arc (the other half being that they need to avoid Mother).

But then they left and now they're just chilling....?

It's taken a long time and they don't have much in the way of leads. Basically, Gillen needed an excuse to focus on character stuff for an issue or two. I'm sure they'll be back on the hunt for Fake Patriot and Speed soon enough.

YNGAVN2013015COV.jpg

YOUNG AVENGERS #15
KIERON GILLEN (W)
JAMIE MCKELVIE, BECKY CLOONAN, MING DOYLE & JOE QUINONES (A)
Cover by JAMIE MCKELVIE
• After the saving the world, there’s the after party. And after the party, it’s the hotel lobby. And around issue 15, we have to clear the lobby and then head to our rooms and do something jolly rude.
• MIC-DROP!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

YNGAVN2013011-DC11-LR-05be8.jpg

YNGAVN2013011-int-LR2-1-1d8e7.jpg

YNGAVN2013011-int-LR2-2-fb383.jpg

YNGAVN2013011-int-LR2-3-458d2.jpg

YNGAVN2013011-int-LR2-4-96203.jpg

• They say you can never go home. For the Young Avengers, it’s not true. They can go home. It’s just that if they do, the universe may end. Better not go home then, eh?

• WHAT ARE YOU DOING, YOUNG AVENGERS? YOU’VE DECIDED TO GO HOME? GAHHKKH! YOU GUYS!

• Is Kate Bishop an enemy in waiting? Is this the last we see of the loveable/strangle-able Kid Loki? • Are rhetorical questions a cheap device when writing solicits? All answers revealed, except the last one, which you’ll have to work out by yourselves.

Can they just finish the Mother storyline already? It's not as interesting as they think it is.

It isn't interesting at all. Not a whole lot about this book is, sadly. I had higher hopes for Gillen :(

I find it interesting, but they have dragged the Mother arc out a bit too long. Separating the Young Avengers and Mother for so long kind of killed the tension of the story.

YNGAVN2013015COV.jpg

YOUNG AVENGERS #15
KIERON GILLEN (W)
JAMIE MCKELVIE, BECKY CLOONAN, MING DOYLE & JOE QUINONES (A)
Cover by JAMIE MCKELVIE
• After the saving the world, there’s the after party. And after the party, it’s the hotel lobby. And around issue 15, we have to clear the lobby and then head to our rooms and do something jolly rude.
• MIC-DROP!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99
I actually liked the latest issues. It seems quite hit and miss at the moment.

....CASSIE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!??!!?

I actually liked the latest issues. It seems quite hit and miss at the moment.

....CASSIE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!??!!?

I'm guessing you're referring to the girl sitting on the curb? That's not Cassie, that's Lightspeed from the Power Pack.

TROOOOOOLL! I'm so glad Gillen is using her. I was afraid she'd disappear forever after she got kicked off the "bad" Thunderbolts.

Oh, and adult Loki's new costume is awful. I'm looking forward to his new series a little bit less since I saw it. :csad:

I love new loki 's look. They're clearly merging his movie look

This is honestly just so frustrating. You have characters that people absolutely LOVE, who sit on the back burner for YEARS at a time. Children's Crusade wasn't fantastic, and this title started out great but has just dragged and dragged from this Mother/space-time jumping.

I want to continue to read about Wiccan and Hulking and learn their struggles or if they come out on top. I want to galavant around the world with young Loki. I miss Kate and love her thing with NoVarr. And I was just getting used to being able to see these characters all the time. Oh well.

In other news. PIXIE. ROCKSLIDE. SURGE!!!!! Hopefully Anole is in this issue, and hopefully they'll all be better utilized than they currently are in ANY X-book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"