Sequels Okay, forget about Tobey and Kirsten for a sec...what about the rest of the cast?

Drizzle

Harkissin'
Reaction score
Do you think the rest of the cast (Rosemary Harris, J.K. Simmons, Elizabeth Banks, Dylan Baker, etc.) would come back for Spider-Man 4? I have no doubt that Simmons would return. Nobody else could play Jonah except him. Elizabeth Banks is kind of moving up in her career with bigger roles, as shown in movies like "The 40 Year Old Virgin" and "Slither". She may not be up for more sequels if she has the opportunity to have some leading roles. Rosemary Harris is getting up there in age. She may or may not return as Aunt May. If she declined, who would play Aunt May? Helen Mirren? As for Dylan Baker, we can only hope that the director of Spidey 4 (if it's not Raimi) will bring him back as Curt Connors instead of recasting the role to bring in a more "bankable" star as the Lizard. Also, there are the smaller roles like Hoffman. Do you really think Ted Raimi would reprise that role if his brother isn't directing?

Great question..Helen Mirren as Aunt May is intruguing,things could stand to be more free wheeling. I totally agree about Dylan Baker as the Lizard.

Dylan Baker, Tobey and Kirsten are important to keep things going. I don't think J.K would be a problem. Rosemary can be replaced or written out. Everyone else is not a big deal either they want to come back or not. Bill Nunn, Hoffman, Betty, can all be replaced or written out. They are minor and won't be missed or noticed if replaced. Sam Raimi returns and those three major characters return Im happy.

Personally, if they're going to replace Raimi, Tobey, & Kirsten - I'd like them to replace the rest of the cast as well and start from scratch. I'd rather start off with a new story and a fresh look at the franchise as opposed to replacements coming in trying to maintain, or immitate if you will, what the previous cast & crew did before them.

I think only Raimi, Tobey and Kirsten will actually be replaced here.

Everyone else will likely stay on. Topher may continue to be Brock if he doesnt die in SM3

Personally, if they're going to replace Raimi, Tobey, & Kirsten - I'd like them to replace the rest of the cast as well and start from scratch. I'd rather start off with a new story and a fresh look at the franchise as opposed to replacements coming in trying to maintain, or immitate if you will, what the previous cast & crew did before them.
Can you think of anyone who can replace J.K. Simmons?

^ I can't think of anyone specifically, but any decent middle-aged actor should be able to pull off the role. Yeah, J.K. does it brilliantly - but I'm sure there's other people out there who can do just as good.

Do you think the rest of the cast (Rosemary Harris, J.K. Simmons, Elizabeth Banks, Dylan Baker, etc.) would come back for Spider-Man 4? I have no doubt that Simmons would return. Nobody else could play Jonah except him. Elizabeth Banks is kind of moving up in her career with bigger roles, as shown in movies like "The 40 Year Old Virgin" and "Slither". She may not be up for more sequels if she has the opportunity to have some leading roles. Rosemary Harris is getting up there in age. She may or may not return as Aunt May. If she declined, who would play Aunt May? Helen Mirren? As for Dylan Baker, we can only hope that the director of Spidey 4 (if it's not Raimi) will bring him back as Curt Connors instead of recasting the role to bring in a more "bankable" star as the Lizard. Also, there are the smaller roles like Hoffman. Do you really think Ted Raimi would reprise that role if his brother isn't directing?

JK Simmons is obviously irreplaceable
rosemary harris i cant stand in the role so I hope they recast her
CANT STAND AT ALL the guy that plays doc conners

I still think Helen Mirren would be an interesting choice for Aunt May.

Hoffman. Do you really think Ted Raimi would reprise that role if his brother isn't directing?

how about French Stewart for the new Hoffman
french_stewart.jpg
LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davutha
Back