OMG!! Akira Toriyama is involved in this movie!!!

DBZ2cool

Sidekick
Reaction score
Email:

At the 20th Century Fox booth in Jump Festa 2009, there will be displays of the gadgets used for shooting of the movie. and the special guests of Jump festa stage of dragonball are America Zarigani (Japanese comedian duo), Masako Nozawa (voice actress of Goku in anime), Yuko Gotou, Ami Koshimizu, Yuko Sanpei, Ai Matayoshi (they are all voice actress)

one keyword will be attached in the theatrical trailer (one keyword
per one trailer), there are seven keywords in all, and find out three
keywords from seven and send them from the entry form of offcial site.
and from them, lucky 50 people can get the tickets of Japan premiere
the fastest in the world.

2 people will get the poster with autograph of Justin Chatwin and
Emmy Rossum. 5 people will get the special jumper and 100 people will get the
special clear prastic folder.

I bought the advance ticket at the theater and got bearbrick of Goku.
and I got the flyer of the movie and I noticed that it said the
exective producer are Akira Toriyama and Tim Van Rellim. I didn't know
Akira Toriyama is exec producer of this movie because he wasn't
credited in IMDb database.

Got this at DBthemovie.com

Holy ****. He is the executive producer. Okay you know what I think Akria will also have to share a lot of flak if this movie turns out to be ****. Seriously I thought he was against this movie? Ah well I guess money talks. Fox must have convinced him to be part of it.

So all you people who say that Akira doesn't care about this should shut the f up.

Oh and dbthemovie.com is the most trusted site for DB movie related news so I think this is right.

If thats true, shouldn't we have heard of it sooner? Why would they make such a secret about him being executive producer?

Is he embarrassed that he's involved with this movie?

could be. He has to share blame now if the movie turns out to be a total disappointment.

Maybe fox was saving this announcement for jump fest or something.

Could be a case of getting a paycheck for using his name.

Why Adam did not post this in his main web?
maybe it is not confirmed.

If thats true, shouldn't we have heard of it sooner? Why would they make such a secret about him being executive producer?

That's what I thought also.

Hmm. I'm skeptical of this for now.

Maybe he was initially in production, but decided to skip out early when he found it was hardly based on his original creation and/or tried exercising as much creative control as possible with the other producers trying to drown him out.

Who knows.

Last edited:
Stan Lee exe produces all of Marvel's films. It means ****.

In that case Akira is a bad man and doesn't care about his fans. Must have gotten $2+ million.

Toriyama cares about his fans a lot. He went through over a decade of weekly Deadline Hell to produce a 42-volume manga cherished the world over. When the anime got started, he was doing double-duty with the manga and helping Toei with character designs and story outlines for filler and movies.

Then, after not wanting anything else to do with Dragonball after the manga ended, he still made character designs for GT. Then, in 2003 when the Kanzenban edition of the manga was released he made new covers for each volume, re-did some of the chapter covers, and extended the ending of the manga out to tell the story of Oob getting the Kinto'un.

Only a few years later, he goes and releases a new animated special!

This is all coming from a man who is notorious for making mostly one-shots and short stories. The fact that he could go against his nature to do so much for the fans is incredible!

I think he deserves a few extra million for his trouble.

He even decided to not kill of Goku when Namek went boom, because of fan letters.

i still think the rumors about Fox cutting a deal with him to not be creatively involved are true, and this piece of news certainly lends to that rumor.

So, it's the answer.The movie isn't adapted in the manga/anime Akira made, but in the "general" idea about him mythology.

I'm not sure how much him being "executive producer" means but I would like to believe that Akira Toriyama really does have faith in this movie. Mostly just to stick it to the fanboys talking about who the "real fans" are.

i still think the rumors about Fox cutting a deal with him to not be creatively involved are true, and this piece of news certainly lends to that rumor.
I don't see why they would have to "cut a deal" with him. They own the property writes. He was never involved to begin with. :huh:

And if he is an 'executive producer', it's no different then Stan Lee on all the Marvel movies. His name is on the film but he's not really involved in the projects in any way.

The only franchise in recent memory that i can think of where the original creator had an actual say in the creative process of the film was Mike Mignola for Hellboy, and still Hellboy was VASTLY different than what it is in the comics, and Mike Mignola likes it that way. In his mind, there is Mike Mignola's Hellboy, and then there is Guillermo Del Torro's Hellboy. Two separate worlds.

What we're seeing now is James Wong's Dragonball, and it looks as if Akira is perfectly fine with that. Fans need to accept that. . .

Especially if they're able to accept Chris Nolan's Batman and Byan Singer's X-Men.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"