Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Options for non-live viewing

cph9fa

Sidekick
Reaction score
Last season I watched almost every episode live, unfortunately, I may have something else going on Tuesday nights this year, which will prevent me from doing so. Obviously, I would like to see these episodes as soon as possible after airing, however, I do not have a DVR (since AoS is basically the only thing I watch on TV anyway). What other options exist?

Hulu says it will be airing the episodes 8 days after release (more than a week! :cmad:), and will have access to the latest 5 episodes.

I'm not sure when ABC will be posting, though. I remember last year, half-way through the season (over the holiday break), ABC changed there policy on posting episodes online, from one day after, to 8 days after, like Hulu. Does anyone know what their policy is this season? It would really be nice if they actually promoted watching the current week's show, instead of a week old one... :cmad: (Sorry, but this is a pet peeve of mine)

IIRC, Hulu Plus aired it the next day. While I'm not a fan of paying for what was free TV, it might be an option for those who don't want to wait. Certainly, it was my option when I missed an episode (for a single episode, you can do a week's worth of free streaming to catch it without paying). Unfortunately, unlike Netflix, you won't get a free month.

The program seemed to decline in selection as it went along, but Hitbliss let me essentially buy free episodes of Arrow on Amazon to stream. Given that I was a half season behind, I'm not sure how quickly those were posted. But that might be a possibility.

I always watch the show on Hulu Plus. But now that you mentioned they are waiting 8 freaking days...I may just buy them off amazon

If you're looking for a legal way, just buy the season pass on VUDU (or Itunes I'd imagine). That's what I do with Arrow. They always have the episodes up the next day, and you'll always have them to watch on any device. I've watched season 2 about 3 times already, and I'm pretty sure it isn't even out for sale yet.

Hulu Plus did air AoS the next day, which is how we watched it at Casa Suzanne78. I hope they didn't change that policy for this upcoming season… I would be tempted to actually buy a season pass on Amazon or iTunes if they did.

Ugh. It's really super annoying that the only (legal) alternatives are to pay for what would otherwise be free programming, or wait for so long.

At least there are options. I just have to figure out what the lesser evil is.

You're paying for flexibility of schedule. It's free at a specific time with specific ads that you don't go through at some other time. I get the reasons for it. At least Hulu Plus isn't just paying for one show, it's paying for their entire content.

Yeah there wouldn't be a legal way unless you view it on ABC

I suggest that its time to invest in a DVR
Thing is, I don't really ever watch any other TV. At least not live (I've binge-watched Revolution and Arrow on free-Hulu). Nor do I have any cable/dish/whatever provider. Just an old analog CRT TV with a converter box that I only have because it came with the house. So no, I probably won't be getting a DVR anytime soon.

Anyone know if ABC plans to re-air episodes later in the week? Did they do that last year?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"