Oscar Win for best Hair and Makeup

I am so happy for David Ayer and his team. :)

Well deserved win !

16789748_1338952056169833_6182203705710870528_n.jpg

Just saw this thread as well.

As I said elsewhere, I'm delighted whenever the behind-the-scenes people get due credit, and I'm happy whenever any scifi/fantasy/cbm gets an Oscar.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only time I actively hope a movie doesn't do well at the box office is when I think it's total trash. Take Crapformers: Age of SuckStinkTion. THAT movie made a ton of money so, What do we get? Another (probable) piece of garbage. That's okay I guess.....fool me once and all of that.

WB needs to up their game IMO. If they had a screenwriter and director nominated, I'd be impressed and thrilled to go see the movie. I found SS entertaining, but not the best made movie I've seen in a while.

I'd never wish I'll will on any movie whatsoever including crap I don't like. I think to do so is a waste of time.

I don't think SS was the best movie ever made or anything. I enjoyed it though and I think people who did should be allowed to enjoy something and prefer it to something else.

In any case this is getting way off topic

SS winning an oscar was shocking, but great news for the DCEU proper. The only thing that sucks is that BvS won alot of razzies, and that news came two days after Reeves signed on to direct The Batman, and I wondered if that could've hurt that news and the DCEU series moving forward.

It's too bad BvS wasn't nominated for anything at the Oscars, when all it has is razzies. Sure the razzies must be in reference to the TC, and not the UC "true version" of BvS, but still. If SS won for makeup, maybe BvS for costumes? Or sound? Music? Editing? ("cough" HAHA, sorry I was thinking of the two versions of this movie, and how people hated one and liked the other) SFX? If it was nominated but didn't win, that still would've been good.

That's my thoughts.

Movies are subjective so for example I think MOS is a better film than all those films you mentioned.

Yeah. Most people think MoS was better than SS. That's why I referred to myself as a "weirdo". I liked the beginning of MoS, but was totally turned off by the last part. I didn't like it and felt it took itself WAY too seriously.

I would have said the first part could get nominated for cinematography, but I guess that don't do that for parts of a movie. "And, for the best filmed 25 minute segment, here are the nominees" LOL

I'd never wish I'll will on any movie whatsoever including crap I don't like. I think to do so is a waste of time.

I don't think SS was the best movie ever made or anything. I enjoyed it though and I think people who did should be allowed to enjoy something and prefer it to something else.

In any case this is getting way off topic

Yeah. I basically agree with you, but I do find myself thinking "God, no one should be subjected to this garbage", but like I say, I don't have to go and don't REALLY care if people liked SuckStinkTion. SS was enjoyable to me and the makeup/costumes were well done so let's give them that. I didn't think it was really well made, but I'm a lousy critic and don't mind watching a bit of a romp with jokes that work and some that don't.

Yeah. Most people think MoS was better than SS. That's why I referred to myself as a "weirdo". I liked the beginning of MoS, but was totally turned off by the last part. I didn't like it and felt it took itself WAY too seriously.

I would have said the first part could get nominated for cinematography, but I guess that don't do that for parts of a movie. "And, for the best filmed 25 minute segment, here are the nominees" LOL

Each to their own, just making a point that just because some films are better reviews or makes more money or whatever doesn't make thenm a better film to everyone else. Everyone has their own preferences, movies are subjective.

I dislike the film. I think it's trash and garbage. I'm being nice and saying it's a very pretty piece of garbage. People are allowed to like trashy films. I've never come in here and bashed anyone for liking the movie. Don't lump me in and assume I don't respect your opinion when I'm actually being nice.

It's not a piece of trash or garbage, it's a decent entertaining film full of great characters. Saying congratulations for having yourself a pretty piece of garbage is not respecting another's opinion.

OK folks....time to stop the petty snipes at people who don't share your opinion and time to stop trying to start fights with people who like the Marvel franchise more than DC.

Discuss how great it was that a comic book related film has been recognized by the Academy and has won an award.

It's time for the petty crap to stop. Be fans of comic books and superheroes overall and not just your one small part of the genre.

Last edited:

I don't recall that wedding dress, I wonder if we'd have seen that in a Joker fantasy, where they're getting married and while Harley is wearing her wedding dress Joker is wearing his jokerized batsuit showing that he killed Batman. That could also work with an alternate Harley Sequence although then we'd be missing out on that unsettling Jared Leto.

Last edited:
OK folks....time to stop the petty snipes at people who don't share your opinion and time to stop trying to start fights with people who like the Marvel franchise more than DC.

Discuss how great it was that a comic book related film has been recognized by the Academy and has won an award.

It's time for the petty crap to stop. Be fans of comic books and superheroes overall and not just your one small part of the genre.

Amen to that

The only time I really think about awards is when someone I think is just AWESOME wins because it means I'll probably get to see more of......her (Tatiana Maslany)....that girl is just CRAZY talented.

That very top shot of Robbie having her makeup applied puts me in mind of the scene in Blade Runner where Pris (Daryl Hanna) sprays on her black eye paint in Sebastian's apartment in Blade Runner.

If you think about it, Suicide Squad now has more Oscars than all these legendary actors and directors combined:

• Alfred Hitchcock
  • Stanley Kubrick
  • Orson Welles
  • Charlie Chaplin
  • Buster Keaton
  • Fred Astaire
  • Cary Grant
  • Barbara Stanwyck
  • Kirk Douglas
  • Greta Garbo
  • Marilyn Monroe
  • Paul Thomas Anderson
  • Wes Anderson
  • David Lynch
  • David Fincher
  • James Dean
  • Harrison Ford
  • Mia Farrow
  • Angela Bassett
  • Annette Bening
  • Samuel L. Jackson
  • Amy Adams
  • Danny Glover
  • Robert Altman
  • Howard Hawks
  • Spike Lee

Ed Harris, Gary Oldman, Ralph Fiennes.

Why are the pics from something that is not even in the movie in this thread? Academy didn't see that, none of us got to see that in the movie

The "behind the scenes pics" show the people who worked on Hair and makeup, which earned them an Oscar, it's true that The Academy only saw their work in the movie but they did work on location, which is the reason their photos exist.

But it's not unusual for fans to see pics of a Director directing the actors on set, or pics of a cinematographer using a camera on location or photos of a Music Composer working on soundtrack inside a recording room,

Academy people who vote don't see them, they only see the movies.. but we are the fans, we are interested in the people who work behind the scenes to make a movie.

So, it is out of place to post the pictures of the crew who got Oscar ? Must we debate everything ?

Last edited:
If you think about it, Suicide Squad now has more Oscars than all these legendary actors and directors combined:

• Alfred Hitchcock
  • Stanley Kubrick
  • Orson Welles
  • Charlie Chaplin
  • Buster Keaton
  • Fred Astaire
  • Cary Grant
  • Barbara Stanwyck
  • Kirk Douglas
  • Greta Garbo
  • Marilyn Monroe
  • Paul Thomas Anderson
  • Wes Anderson
  • David Lynch
  • David Fincher
  • James Dean
  • Harrison Ford
  • Mia Farrow
  • Angela Bassett
  • Annette Bening
  • Samuel L. Jackson
  • Amy Adams
  • Danny Glover
  • Robert Altman
  • Howard Hawks
  • Spike Lee

I saw a lot of folks mad about this, but you could make that example with many other folks and not just a make up department. Tom Hooper, who is just a ''meh'' director has a best director oscar, that british bastah aint even worthy to do anyone's laundry on that list.

So... when is Cavill going to win an Oscar for best hair?

:o

Tom Hooper is the dullest individual walking the Earth right now.

• Alfred Hitchcock
  • Stanley Kubrick
  • Orson Welles
  • Charlie Chaplin
  • Buster Keaton
  • Fred Astaire
  • Cary Grant
  • Barbara Stanwyck
  • Kirk Douglas
  • Greta Garbo
  • Marilyn Monroe
  • Paul Thomas Anderson
  • Wes Anderson
  • David Lynch
  • David Fincher
  • James Dean
  • Harrison Ford
  • Mia Farrow
  • Angela Bassett
  • Annette Bening
  • Samuel L. Jackson
  • Amy Adams
  • Danny Glover
  • Robert Altman
  • Howard Hawks
  • Spike Lee

That could mean a couple of things, but what I think it says is that, while an Oscar is a big deal, it can be gotten for one small piece of expertise, while a terrific actor, director, etc. may never get one. We could make a really long list of legendary _______ that have the same number of Oscars as SS. It doesn't really mean much from where I sit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"