The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

It's so sad that there's so much going on it that picture we've barely had time to celebrate the trunks...

Or was that the point? šŸ¤”

So they want to start over and show itā€™s different from the Snyderverse.

And the first official shot is Superman looking depressed in a dirty suit while there is an attack going on outside his window.

Not a hopeful Superman. Not a smiling Superman. The same sullen depressed Superman we got for 3 movies.
And if they had they would have been ripped for going so far the other way.

Just saw the suit reveal. Still in the knee-jerk reaction phase, so will just give my first thoughts as they came:

-Shocked by the busy design in and of itself. There's a lot of meshes and textures going on, very alien-like. Givin' how Cavill's suit was met with the "too busy" complaint, I totally expected Gunn to go more sleek and Reeve-ish. Looking more at it, it definitely has the Gunn stamp of approval; GoTG vibes.

-Interesting choice for a first reveal. I was expecting Gunn to go full blown classic; blue skies, orange/yellow sunny glows and a smiling; dynamic pose. Givin that there's action going on in the background, I wish things were a tad more dynamic for a first image reveal.

With that said, I like it for all the reasons it's not and how I described above. David sure does look the part. Is it a perfect reveal? Not even close. Do I like what's going on? Yeah.
Welcome back brother ;)

ā€¦leave MY BATMAN alone.
104_wayne_brief_front_solid_black_mens_underwear_fahrenheit_1024x.jpg

Gunn - "Come here, Bruce."

It does remind me of Hoechlin's earlier costume. Not in love with the design or the texture but the colors are usually the biggest deciding factor in how I respond to the costume and I'm hoping how the colors look in the bottom half is indictive of how the whole costume will be.

It will be interesting to see when we get a better shot, it's not exactly the most flattering pose/position to get a good look at it.

Initial thoughts are I don't like it at all, the materials, the design/style, none of it. Colours are fine, quite similar to the previous iteration, probably the best thing about the reveal is the very natural looking hairstyle.

Personally, I can't tell what bothers me more:

- How cheap the costume looks.
- How baggy the costume looks.
- The high collar for the costume.

I mean the costume feels like a big step backwards in terms of improvement from the DCEU version.

Personally, I can't tell what bothers me more:

- How cheap the costume looks.
- How baggy the costume looks.
- The high collar for the costume.

I mean the costume feels like a big step backwards in terms of improvement from the DCEU version.
Well at least this won't be Kryptonian Underwear.

padme.png

Heā€™s literally just adjusting hit bootā€¦

It is not the same as this:

View attachment 89543
He looks sad and sullen. His suit is dirty. Iā€™m not saying this canā€™t be a scene in the movie but itā€™s a choice to have it as the first official image. Even Cavillā€™s first official pic with the bank vault wasnā€™t so sad looking.

Attachments

• IMG_8296.webp
    60.6 KB · Views: 3
He looks sad and sullen. His suit is dirty. Iā€™m not saying this canā€™t be a scene in the movie but itā€™s a choice to have it as the first official image. Even Cavillā€™s first official pic with the bank vault wasnā€™t so sad looking.
Yeah, can't stress this enough, he looks depressed

James Gunn did NOT read the room

I like it.

It needed to be recognizably Superman (It is) but also give off its own vibe that I haven't seen before (It does) and not remind me of Reeve, Routh and Cavill (It doesn't).

General public will look at it and go "Yeah... that looks like Superman" and move on.

But that's the easy part. The hard part is the questions this all raises.

What's the story? How is Corenswet gonna play this version of Superman? What's the hook? How is Gunn going to justify the umpteenth reboot of Superman on film?

That's all that matters to me as a fan of the Superman lore.

And you all laughed at my Krypton having a Sci-fi Biblical fashion. :o

Iā€™d rather have Superman be a little down than him looking like heā€™s about to kill me.

This is as bad as the superman returns reveal. I went on a couple sites that tallied up the online response and it's 68% negative 22% positive and the rest undecided.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"