The Winter Soldier Other things about the Winter Soldier we'd like to see?

GothamInAshes

Gotham's Reckoning
Reaction score
so this thread is to discuss anything else we'd like to see about Bucky in TWS. for example: long hair? yes or no?

another thing i thought of was should he live to see the next film and be a good guy like he is in the comics? i think so, but what are your opinions??

speaking of the comics, i just finished reading The Winter Soldier: The Longest Winter where Bucky comes back from the dead (again) after the events in Fear Itself and he works with the Black Widow. point im getting at: should the Widow be in TWS and should she recognize Bucky because she used to work with him when they were bad guys (dunno if they'd be Soviets in the films or not)? thoughts???:cap:

I really hope that Bucky doesn't die in this movie. He needs to redeem himself & show up in future movies, it'd be a waste of a great character if he dies.

The long hair? No.

In the comics, it felt like a self-aware joke. 90s comic had a trends of characters getting a grim and gritty adjustment, anti-heros with bionic arms,r long crazy hair, dressed in black leather.

And as Brubaker was taking one of Marvel's quainter, somewhat colorful and he turned him into an elite and remorseless assassin, so Brubaker went all the way.

A little longer, maybe, at least to display how Bucky has weathered through the years that Steve had slept through. But not Loki-levels of crazy hair.

Should Bucky die? HELL NO.

Steve needs a supporting cast. It'd be pretty cruel, not to mention stupid, if Bucky is brought back just to be killed. I mean what would be the point?

Last edited:
Should the Soviets be the ones to be behind the Winter Soldier? I think yes.

It lends historical relevance, and ties into Steve being a man out of time. When he went order the Soviets were their allies, when he comes back, he finds out that they'd been in a bitter cold war for decades, during which they'd subjugated his best friend to a fate worse than death.

I mean people say that they had HYDRA instead of Nazis, but the USSR doesn't have the same taboo attached to as portraying Nazis in fiction does.

Not to mention, HYDRA was Nazi, at least in origin. Similarly, Winter Soldier, and whoever is pulling his strings, could be originally Soviet, but are not so in the present.

Should the Soviets be the ones to be behind the Winter Soldier? I think yes.

It lends historical relevance, and ties into Steve being a man out of time. When he went order the Soviets were their allies, when he comes back, he finds out that they'd been in a bitter cold war for decades, during which they'd subjugated his best friend to a fate worse than death.

I mean people say that they had HYDRA instead of Nazis, but the USSR doesn't have the same taboo attached to as portraying Nazis in fiction does.

Not to mention, HYDRA was Nazi, at least in origin. Similarly, Winter Soldier, and whoever is pulling his strings, could be originally Soviet, but are not so in the present.

I agree completely, and I think the rumor of Black Widow's past relationship with Winter Soldier being explored in CA:TWS lends itself to the idea of the Soviets being involved.

i agree with everything you guys said. even the hair. i think that his hair should be slightly longer but not like shoulder-length.

i definitely dont want Bucky to die either. and if they make it look like he dies in TWS but comes back again in the sequel to TWS, that seems a little redundant to me considering they did that in TFA and will do that in TWS. make sense?

i'd love to see the Black Widow in this one too. get a better understanding of her past as well perhaps?

and the Soviets should be in the film too. i totally agree with that as well.

A vast array of weaponry!

Seriously, make sure that it's very obvious to the audience that he's been utilised as a deadly, unfeeling force.

the domino mask. that's all I ask for.
I want to see how they pull that off without it looking ridiculous

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"