Endgame Winter Soldier/The White Wolf - Bucky Barnes

Did Sebastian Stan tick off the Russos or something? Bucky got practically NOTHING to do in this movie. He didn't get one big moment, his reappearance was buried with a bunch of others, I think we saw him once firing his gun during the battle and that was it. No lines, no fighting by Steve's side or anything. He only had one very brief scene with Steve at the end and then didn't even get to talk to Old Steve.

After Winter Soldier I thought he'd get a bit more to do.
You might have a point. It was understandable that he had little to do in Infinity War. Though, I'd have wished we seen him interact more with T'Challa and his crew.

But the cameo he had in this film; damn that's cold.

Hopefully he gets a role in Black Panther 2.

I don’t know if they’ll share much screentime together in the future , but both Bucky and Carol are former US military personnel brainwashed and turned into slave supersoldiers who then rebelled against their former masters. Feels like that’s a commonality they could bond over a little.

I don’t know if they’ll share much screentime together in the future , but both Bucky and Carol are former US military personnel brainwashed and turned into slave supersoldiers who then rebelled against their former masters. Feels like that’s a commonality they could bond over a little.
I doubt they will.

Btw has Stan satisfied his 6/7 film contract with Marvel now?

Depending on how he would feel about it... I wonder if MCU Bucky would fit in at SHIELD?

The more I think about it the more I’m disappointed with the decision. Bucky had such a build up. He was the focus behind 2 extra credit scenes (3 if you found WS). He was a focal point of IMO the best trilogy of movies the MCU put out. All this only to get lost in the shuffle of IW and Endgame.

Freaking Nebula had more lines in the opening 5 minutes of the movie than Bucky had in 2.

The more I think about it the more I’m disappointed with the decision. Bucky had such a build up. He was the focus behind 2 extra credit scenes (3 if you found WS). He was a focal point of IMO the best trilogy of movies the MCU put out. All this only to get lost in the shuffle of IW and Endgame.

Freaking Nebula had more lines in the opening 5 minutes of the movie than Bucky had in 2.
You're absolutely right. I'd love to pick the writers brains and ask about this.

bucky himself would've declined it if offered. steve + bucky know each other. bucky thinks he's a bad person - he doesn't feel redeemed.

bucky himself would've declined it if offered. steve + bucky know each other. bucky thinks he's a bad person - he doesn't feel redeemed.
but surely by now he's more comfy in his own skin. I hope they explore this a bit in BP2.

Yeah he was another character who seemed to get the shaft here big time, a real shame after his build up previously. Hopefully we can see a lot more of him in future Avengers movies.

A thought did occur to me:

What if Falcon has a run as Cap, and then passes the shield to Winter Soldier? Stan has a 9-movie deal plus the TV show, so there is still time. Both of them do get it in the comics after all.

A thought did occur to me:

What if Falcon has a run as Cap, and then passes the shield to Winter Soldier? Stan has a 9-movie deal plus the TV show, so there is still time. Both of them do get it in the comics after all.
I thought he only had a 6 picture deal? Because 2 min cameos in BP/IW/Endgame shouldn't really count :hehe:

at the very least, BP definitely shouldn't count
you should need lines in a movie for it to count on your contract

at the very least, BP definitely shouldn't count
you should need lines in a movie for it to count on your contract
I kinda agree, but I feel like you gotta look at it from the actor's perspective as well - they showed up to work on a film.

Besides, who's to say he can't re-up, you know?

I kinda agree, but I feel like you gotta look at it from the actor's perspective as well - they showed up to work on a film.

Besides, who's to say he can't re-up, you know?
After his role in I, Tonya, I gotta feel he wants to do more than just be Bucky. Unless he's Bucky in a leading role of the next Avengers or Cap film

Btw, had Civil War been solely a Cap 3 film instead of Avengers 2.5, what was the role for Bucky going to be? I remember reading somewhere he'd have had a much larger role and the film would just be Cap, Falcon, BW, Sharon Carter and Bucky.

So glad that Marvel really is proving that they’re committed to diversity behind the camera just as much as in front of it. And Skogland is an Emmy-nominee and BAFTA-winner, so I think we’re in pretty good hands.

The Russos did a piss poor job handling Bucky’s arc. He was central point of 2 major marvel films as both a character and plot device but they totally shafted him. LMAO Falcon cap is poor. That entire concept is total dog-****. Seriously Falcon gets beat down by Rumlow. The dude is going to get seriously destroyed as Cap. Bucky is a far more interesting choice to take on the role of Cap as part of his redemptive arc

Is the lesson Captain America embodies about one's greatness being equated with ones powers?

Is the lesson Captain America embodies about one's greatness being equated with ones powers?

No and my main point is that I think it’s a lot more creatively interesting with more avenues to explore about morality, responsibility, and redemption to hand Bucky the shield than Falcon. Day by day I slightly warm up to the idea of Falcon Cap so who knows maybe by the time he is in a full fledged movie as Cap I can buy it. I just find it a lot more interesting to see Bucky become Cap but perhaps I’ll be proven wrong by the next tv series or film.

The side point is he is going to get ripped apart as well . Much like John Robin Blake is probably lying dead in a ditch somewhere by now. It would be a cool moment to actually have Falcon and Bucky do some training in their tv show

The Russos did a piss poor job handling Bucky’s arc. He was central point of 2 major marvel films as both a character and plot device but they totally shafted him. LMAO Falcon cap is poor. That entire concept is total dog-****. Seriously Falcon gets beat down by Rumlow. The dude is going to get seriously destroyed as Cap. Bucky is a far more interesting choice to take on the role of Cap as part of his redemptive arc

So, just to be clear: you think the primary criterion for who can best serve the role of Captain America, is who they can beat in a fight?

So, just to be clear: you think the primary criterion for who can best serve the role of Captain America, is who they can beat in a fight?

No that’s only part of it; for me my overall preference was for no one to have the shield and let it rest for some years. Let Falcon and Bucky carve out their identities more.

I think Bucky was on a major redemptive arc and it would have been really creatively interesting to see him carry on the mantle as part of that redemption arc. That’s how I see it. Again day by day I slightly warm up to the Cap-falcon idea but my overall preference (and note I carried no expectations of this aspect in the film) after seeing the film would have been, no one become Cap for a few years, vs Bucky taking it up as part of his arc of redemption, and then Falcon-cap. I think the shield suits more of a ground combatant as well but who knows the action sequences in the MCU are highly unique and cool in many of the movies so I’m sure they will visually come up with a practical and cool way to have Falcon use the shield.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"