Patty Jenkins confirmed to return for WW sequel!

Patty said it will be set in the 1930s???!!

Why???

Another prequel!! Didn't DC say that all movies will take place after JL from now on??

The more they dwell in the past the more they increases their chances in messing up the WW in BVS.

Only Lex knows someone like her exists but now when Batman asked her where have you been??? It will no longer be canon.

When the whole public freaked out about Superman, now it won't make sense because they've all seen it before with Wonder Woman.

I know the script is not done yet but if they follow continuity then that means WW will be another invisible angel only a few people see through out the movie which is also a let down.

Why???

Another prequel!! Didn't DC say that all movies will take place after JL from now on??

The more they dwell in the past the more they increases their chances in messing up the WW in BVS.

Only Lex knows someone like her exists but now when Batman asked her where have you been??? It will no longer be canon.

When the whole public freaked out about Superman, now it won't make sense because they've all seen it before with Wonder Woman.

I know the script is not done yet but if they follow continuity then that means WW will be another invisible angel only a few people see through out the movie which is also a let down.

Where did you hear the 1930s? I was hoping for a little later myself, like the '50s so she could deconstruct the height of white American male 20th century dominance.

Either way, I hope it is in the past. There is a lot to cover, and who cares if it messes with some continuity issues in Man of Steel or BvS? Those movies are not good. This could be. I say the same thing to those who dislike Logan for not aligning with previous X-Men movies, particularly several of the worst ones.

Why???

I agree. I don't want 'Wonder Woman through the ages'.

Last edited:

Why???

Do you have a source for this? Because I'm totally on-board for another prequel.

Where did you hear the 1930s? I was hoping for a little later myself, like the '50s so she could deconstruct the height of white American male 20th century dominance.

Either way, I hope it is in the past. There is a lot to cover, and who cares if it messes with some continuity issues in Man of Steel or BvS? Those movies are not good. This could be. I say the same thing to those who dislike Logan for not aligning with previous X-Men movies, particularly several of the worst ones.

Well lots of people love MOS and BVS. And lots of people love how the whole DCEU connects with each other with smooth continuity.

I mean sure IF YOU ONLY love WW then the continuity doesn't matter.

But surely they can make a great movie that takes place in the present as much as in the past.

Winter Soldier was way better than First Avenger.

Why not please all the DCEU fans instead of just the WW fans???

And most likely, DC wants to keep their continuity, meaning IF WW2 does take place in the past then again WW will only appear behind the public's eye where only a few people see her in action.

I want to see a WW movie where the whole public can see her as the top female superhero. I want to see the modern public react to a real life Wonder Woman.

Last edited:
I mean sure IF YOU ONLY love WW then the continuity doesn't matter.

But surely they can make a great movie that takes place in the present as much as in the past.

Winter Soldier was way better than First Avenger.

Why not please all the DCEU fans instead of just the WW fans???

I preferred CA:TFA to CA:TWS, but I agree with your general point. Watching "Wonder Woman through the ages" might interest me if this was a WW solo franchise but it's not, it's the DCEU; I want to see WW in the modern day, to know that she's operating in the same world as Batman and Superman etc (even if - outside of the JL movies - they're not working together).

giphy.gif

These two ladies brought to us a great CBM in Wonder Woman. One of the finest I've ever seen. I'm glad Jenkins and Johns are working on a sequel as we speak. I hope there is another great movie in the offering.

giphy.gif

These two ladies brought to us a great CBM in Wonder Woman. One of the finest I've ever seen. I'm glad Jenkins and Johns are working on a sequel as we speak. I hope there is another great movie in the offering.

I could watch that clip all day! :ilv: In her own way I find Patty Jenkins every bit as hot as Gal Gadot!

The quote by Jenkins in the end is well known by now but the video itself makes some points about these types of films I think have some validity to them.

[YT]w-QhdzQo66o[/YT]

From the director herself:

"I had an epiphany about Wonder Woman 2," she told the audience of fellow female filmmakers, "I was like, you don't have to do this. It doesn't have to be a foregone conclusion that you do Wonder Woman 2. But then as I was falling asleep I had an epiphany.

I was like, Wait a minute. You have the greatest character of all time that you love dearly, with a cast that you love sitting at the palm of your hand at this day and age — you can do whatever you want with them — are you crazy? And then I suddenly realized, it's not more, it's another movie. It's its own movie. And it's got to be great."

https://www.advocate.com/film/2017/6/29/breaking-patty-jenkins-confirms-shes-directing-wonder-woman-sequel

So there's that. Again, glad she's passionate about the character and while I'm sure it'd be no doubt interesting to see what another director could do with a solo Wonder Woman film...if Jenkins has the passion AND credentials just going off the first one, may as well stick around for the sequel.

Granted, we knew this was coming, but nice to hear her continue to be so passionate about Diana's story.

^^ I was about to post the same. I'm very happy. WW is one of my favorite CBMs ever so I'm glad that Jenkins will get the chance to make a great follow-up.

Good. Hopefully she's gets a fair amount of creative control next time. Because she really seems to get this character.

Also it'll be interesting to see the directing. When I watched GOTG Vol. 2, one thing that stood out to me was that James Gunn had clearly gotten more comfortable directing a big spectacle movie like that, so everything look more crisp and polished (the effects, the CGI, the action scenes, use of colors, etc).

I'm hoping that the same happens for WW 2 (I mean the first movie looked really good overall, but there's always room to improve on even really good stuff).

Oh, never mind. Not concrete. Going off of Jenkins' Twitter, it's not a confirmation, just her spitballing ideas.

Even still, while nothing's set in stone, it feels like it is in all but signing on the dotted line. IF Jenkins wants to, anyway. At this points, she has the advantage.

THR: James Cameron Calls 'Wonder Woman' "A Step Backwards
"She’s an objectified icon, and it’s just male Hollywood doing the same old thing," the director said.

Deaadline August 17, 2017:
Patty Jenkins In Final Negotiations On Historic Deal To Helm ‘Wonder Woman 2’
Anita Busch & Anthony D'Alessandro said:
EXCLUSIVE: It’s been over two months since Wonder Woman opened to a staggering $103.2M and went on to gross close to $800M worldwide for Warner Bros. (with Japan yet to bow). The movie, directed by Patty Jenkins, not only re-invigorated DC movies and the studio itself, but became a symbol of strength for women across the country. Now Jenkins is returning to the director’s chair to helm the second film in the franchise that she was so instrumental in starting.

Last month at Comic-Con, the studio confirmed both a sequel with Wonder Woman star Gal Gadot and a release date of Dec. 13, 2019. However, curiously, there was no deal with Jenkins. Why the delay? Because Jenkins — who was lauded repeatedly during the Women in Film Crystal Awards this year by several of its nominees — expects to be paid substantially more and the same as a male director would receive after such a box office coup. That desire was seconds away from becoming a reality on Thursday evening as a deal was being finalized which would elevate her as the highest-paid female director in town.

And why not? Wonder Woman shattered several glass ceilings at the box office, including the best opening ever for a title by a female director and the best global haul for a live-action film directed by a woman as well as the third-highest grossing film in Warner Bros.’ history (behind only Christopher Nolan’s Dark Knight series).

Although no payday was revealed, we understand that her payday and deal is in line with any other director who has performed at this level. A studio source said they were “confident the deal will be reached soon.”

Typically, according to sources, a frosh director on a comic book movie gets $1.5M to $3M, while a director in the realm of Zack Snyder (who is helming DC’s Justice League) received $10M against 10% cash break even for his second DC film Man of Steel. (That’s usually paid out as 20% during pre-production, 60% during production, 10% during post and 10% following).

Wonder Woman continues to show that there’s a big demand and big business for female-led tentpoles after Star Wars Force Awakes, Rogue One, and The Hunger Games trilogy.

Jenkins burst on the scene with the critically acclaimed indie film Monster in 2003 — she wrote and directed while Charlize Theron won Best Actress — then directed a number of TV episodes for such shows as Entourage and The Killing before she was hired on for Wonder Woman. She handled the female super-hero film with a deft hand. Wonder Woman will go over $800M worldwide soon as it opens in Japan on Aug. 25.

Jenkins is repped by CAA, Anonymous Content, and attorney Alan Wertheimer at Jackoway Tyerman Wertheimer Austen Mandelbaum Morris & Klein.

hqdefault.jpg

Look at how much of a step backwards this is, you guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"