Patty Jenkins confirmed to return for WW sequel!

And now it's for reals.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/patty-jenkins-wonder-woman-sequel-director-1202548413/

Patty Jenkins Closes Deal to Direct ‘Wonder Woman’ Sequel (EXCLUSIVE)

Patty Jenkins has closed a deal to direct the sequel to the summer hit “Wonder Woman.”

Gal Gadot has already signed on to return in the title role. The film is slated for release on Dec. 13, 2019.

Yas_Queen.gif

I'm really, really happy. I want Mrs Jenkins to take Diana to the next level. I have faith in her. Go Patty :D :D

Patty Jenkins was paid $1 million to direct the 1st WONDER WOMAN. For WW2, she LEAPS to the $7M-$9M range, + backend.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/wonder-woman-sequel-patty-jenkins-officially-set-return-as-director-1031052

Sources say Jenkins will receive directing and writing fees in the high seven figures (think somewhere in the $7 million to $9 million range) on Wonder Woman 2 but, more significantly, will have a considerable backend. (At her peak, filmmaker Nancy Meyers earned in the $5 million range, according to sources.) The deal is a superheroic leap for Jenkins, who was paid $1 million for directing the initial Wonder Woman but was looking to get something more on the level of Zack Snyder's pay after he helmed Man of Steel, according to sources. Just as Wonder Woman broke barriers for superhero movies, Jenkins' deal breaks a glass ceiling for women directors.

Something tells me she's going to get a lot of creative control over this next one. She basically has Nolan-level power over Wonder Woman right now.

I'm so excited. Cant wait to see what she does with the sequel.

That's wonderful, I can't wait for more Wonder Woman!

Finally! Praise Hera!

I'm very glad that Jenkins is returning to write and direct Wonder Woman 2!

Something tells me she's going to get a lot of creative control over this next one. She basically has Nolan-level power over Wonder Woman right now.

She deserves the money she held out for, and I'm curious whether it's a small or large b.o. percentage she's getting. If she's getting 1%, she gets around $8M-$10M more if WW2 grosses $800M-$1B. If she managed to get 5%, that's even better.

Great for her and great for us! :up:

Interesting, isn't it. Five years ago who would have put money on a Wonder Woman film making more box office than a Superman film (with greater critical acclaim), and the 'next Christopher Nolan' in CBM terms being a woman? I don't think I would. Jenkins may have directed just one WW film at this point but she absolutely nailed it and looks set to be a major part of the DCEU.

Last edited:
i'm looking forward to this. i am glad she's returning to keep on moving forward in the franchise

inb4 "ACKCHYUALLY! that's not cheetah, it's rare amur leopard skin guys...............guys?"

Patty was a complete godsend and total genius with the first Wonder Woman film, and I was so happy to hear she is back for the sequel.

But I have to admit, every tidbit of production which has come out of WW1984 so far has me "wondering." And the fact that they are aggressively distancing themselves from the first film ("we're not making a sequel") and radically changing the tone... It appears she is making a sequel to Lynda Carter's TV series, rather than a sequel to her first Wonder Woman film.

So imho, nothing so far suggests in any way that they are making a worthy sequel to the first film, or even trying to, which I find disappointing. It sounds like they are targeting something between frivolous and asinine, and making the Monty Python version of "Wonder Woman 1984: Carter's Last Spin."

Smashing success is often followed by overconfident disaster, and I'm afraid that's what we may be seeing here.

Patty was a complete godsend and total genius with the first Wonder Woman film, and I was so happy to hear she is back for the sequel.

But I have to admit, every tidbit of production which has come out of WW1984 so far has me "wondering." And the fact that they are aggressively distancing themselves from the first film ("we're not making a sequel") and radically changing the tone... It appears she is making a sequel to Lynda Carter's TV series, rather than a sequel to her first Wonder Woman film.

So imho, nothing so far suggests in any way that they are making a worthy sequel to the first film, or even trying to, which I find disappointing. It sounds like they are targeting something between frivolous and asinine, and making the Monty Python version of "Wonder Woman 1984: Carter's Last Spin."

Smashing success is often followed by overconfident disaster, and I'm afraid that's what we may be seeing here.

We don't know nothing about the story of the movie, about a lot of characters and about the contest and you already know that Patty is arrogant and the movie will be a disaster...wow!

you already know that Patty is arrogant
By no means. Everyone knows that Patty is super-nice and super-talented, and she will do a fabulous job on her film. My concern is that it is "her film" (a film which she is passionate about making, namely an homage to the TV series) and not a film that the fans want/expect (a sequel to the first film).

It will surely be a fine film, but if it is not the film people are expecting, there can be a disconnect. That was the issue with Snyder's films, they are dark masterpieces, but people were expecting fun superhero films. With WW, people are expecting something like the first film, and to the extent that that is not what gets made, there can be a disconnect. Like, people might be confused/disappointed.

No one can ever speak for what the majority or even most of what the fans want, or even what people are expecting. This is pretty much embodying the idea that fans are fickle and don't know what they want, but they sure love to nitpick. And who is to say that some don't want to see what Diana was up to in the years between WW and BvS?

Look at Winter Soldier. Radically different film compared to The First Avenger. Admittedly, different circumstances because you HAD to bring Steve into the present, but his sequel wasn't purely about him being a boy scout like the first film. Seems more like you're just looking for a reason that the film won't connect with fans, rather than seeing hey, Jenkins has earned some goodwill with the first films, so no reason to think she'd suddenly disconnect with fans in the follow-up.

By no means. Everyone knows that Patty is super-nice and super-talented, and she will do a fabulous job on her film. My concern is that it is "her film" (a film which she is passionate about making, namely an homage to the TV series) and not a film that the fans want/expect (a sequel to the first film).

It will surely be a fine film, but if it is not the film people are expecting, there can be a disconnect. That was the issue with Snyder's films, they are dark masterpieces, but people were expecting fun superhero films. With WW, people are expecting something like the first film, and to the extent that that is not what gets made, there can be a disconnect. Like, people might be confused/disappointed.
Not going to get into Snyder, but I will say this about WW84. There to me is no indication this movie won't be what general audiences loved about the first film. Its seems to have the heart, warmth and humor of the first film. It is set in the 80s and will reflect that, which I am very excited about. They even brought back Steve, another large part of the success of the first film. His relationship with Diana.

But I am curious, what makes this seem like Monty Python to you? Because there is humor?

what makes this seem like Monty Python?
For example the production still of Steve Trevor in the mall. Everything about him, the people around him, and their surroundings, is ridiculous.

It looks like a spoof.

And this commentator for Collider, who saw the WW1984 footage at ComicCon, tries to be positive, but admits that it was "like a parody."

[YT]AIxAbATgThM[/YT]

So, I want to like this film, but the red flags are a-flying.

Just a nit pick... Shouldn't this thread just be renamed PATTY JENKINS DIRECTS WONDER WOMAN 1984?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"