Patty Jenkins confirmed to return for WW sequel!

For example the production still of Steve Trevor in the mall. Everything about him, the people around him, and their surroundings, is ridiculous.

It looks like a spoof.

And this commentator for Collider, who saw the WW1984 footage at ComicCon, tries to be positive, but admits that it was "like a parody."

[YT]AIxAbATgThM[/YT]

So, I want to like this film, but the red flags are a-flying.
Have you seen Monty Python? Because nothing I have seen or read looks or makes it sound anything like Monty Python imo. There being humor and comedy goes straight back to the original film. Heck one of, if not my favorite stretches of the film is when they arrive in London through the the alley fight. Full of humor, comedy, and some might said could be considered parody. And yet, never actually played that way.

But even still, even it is bad and seems parody like. That isn't Monty Python. Monty Python is full on smart ass parody, that is poking fun and overtly ridiculous. None of this sounds like Monty Python, though I guess if it was, that would mean we are in for one of the best DC movies they have made.

In lighter news, Gal Gadot is now reportedly Director of Wonder Woman 1984.

https://www.flickeringmyth.com

ww1984.jpg

I assume this means Patty is now playing the part of Wonder Woman.

Edit...I think this movie will be more entertaining then the first, now that the origin is out the way and still retain some of the seriousness of the first one. I think it will be better.

Last edited:
For example the production still of Steve Trevor in the mall. Everything about him, the people around him, and their surroundings, is ridiculous.

It looks like a spoof.

And this commentator for Collider, who saw the WW1984 footage at ComicCon, tries to be positive, but admits that it was "like a parody."

[YT]AIxAbATgThM[/YT]

So, I want to like this film, but the red flags are a-flying.

The comments looks excited, Where you see negativity????

Last edited:
Eh, most of the movies Patty has directed are fairly serious but they have comedy elements, this looks to be same, it's not going to be full on camp.

And, I wouldn't listen to what people at Collider and ScreenRant are saying, Patty has made two widely acclaimed movies and has a good understanding of the character, so I trust her more then those YouTubers.

By no means. Everyone knows that Patty is super-nice and super-talented, and she will do a fabulous job on her film. My concern is that it is "her film" (a film which she is passionate about making, namely an homage to the TV series) and not a film that the fans want/expect (a sequel to the first film).

It will surely be a fine film, but if it is not the film people are expecting, there can be a disconnect. That was the issue with Snyder's films, they are dark masterpieces, but people were expecting fun superhero films. With WW, people are expecting something like the first film, and to the extent that that is not what gets made, there can be a disconnect. Like, people might be confused/disappointed.

I don't know why you have any reason to doubt Patty and WW84. She delivered on everything that encompasses Wonder Woman in the 1st film speaking to the heart of the character and seems to put THAT before anything else. Snyder wasn't like this, he wanted to do the opposite of what most expected with Superman. The 2 directors aren't comparable. Wonder Woman is in much, much better hands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"