Iron Man 2 Paul Bettany Returns for "Iron Man 2"

Chewy

REDACTED
Reaction score
Sci Fi Wire had a chat with actor Paul Bettany (Da Vinci Code) who confirmed that he will return in "Iron Man 2" as Jarvis, the silky-smooth computer voice in Tony Stark's house, lab and suit.

"Oh, yeah, I am," he said, adding that he barely remembers recording his dialogue fo the first film.

"That was a very peculiar experience, because I know Jon Favreau," Bettany explained. "He said, 'Do you want to do this thing?' I said, 'Yeah.' He was in L.A., and I turned up at a recording studio in New York City, and all I remember doing is laughing for about two hours and eating some croissants and then going home."

Bettany said that by the time the film was actually released, he had forgotten he worked on it. "Somebody said to me about six months later, 'Are you the voice in Iron Man?' And I said no," he said. "They went, 'Really?' And I went, 'Oh, no, I am! I am.' So it was sort of done for fun."
SOURCE

Sci Fi Wire had a chat with actor Paul Bettany (Da Vinci Code)
Wow, that's the only reference they can think of..? Poor Bettany :csad:

Yeah, sucks that all they could think of was a $750,000,000 blockbuster.

^It still sucked. But anyway, I wonder what the possibility is that Jarvis could appear in this one in holographic form? Maybe it could work or maybe not.

^It still sucked. But anyway, I wonder what the possibility is that Jarvis could appear in this one in holographic form? Maybe it could work or maybe not.
I would want that as well. But I wouldn't want it to look like him. He's my choice for Loki and i don't want Paul wasted on playing a cyberbutler.

Well Stark has had AI cyberbutlers and holographic AI cyber helpers as well. Besides Jocasta, there was a wise-cracking one named Friday (don't remember what happened to her), and there was also Homer in the animated series. Homer was basically a Hal/KITT type of AI.

What's funny is, even though they've demoted Jarvis into being an AI, the attitude is remarkably close to Jarvis and is pretty much the personality you would want Jarvis to have. That would be funny, since Stark is a techno-phile and always improving, upgrading his stuff, you would think he could figure out a way to upgrade Jarvis as well and maybe make some type of avatar for Jarvis.

Whats funny is that when he was doing the voice in the first movie at first he didnt know what he was providing his voice for

HA...Bettany is returning for more croissants and giggles.

The way Marvel Studios are handling things at the moment I'm skeptical about Bettany's return. :o

If they're replacing everybody, cast David Hyde Pierce as Jarvis :hehe:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"