• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Iron Man 2 Sam Jackson will be in Iron Man 2

Chewy

REDACTED
Reaction score
At today's press junket for Soul Men Sam was asked if he would be in Iron Man 2. He said he spoke with Favreau last night and was told he is in the sequel. What his role is, or how big it would be, he didn't expand upon. But he did joke about making sure to sign a contract after what happened with Terrence Howard.

So good news for Sam and Nick Fury fans that these characters and the story arc is staying consistent and is continuing.
SOURCE

Here's a slightly more detailed report on the matter:

IESB attended the junket for SOUL MEN starring Samuel L. Jackson and Bernie Mac in Beverly Hills today.

There was a bittersweet sadness in the air with both Mac's sudden death in August and co-star Isaac Hayes' two days later.

IESB sat down at a roundtable interview with Sam Jackson and asked specifically about his role as Nick Fury in the IRON MAN sequel (Even just to verify his return considering the abrupt replacement of Terrence Howard by Don Cheadle).

Jackson replied that as a matter of fact, IRON MAN director Jon Favreau spoke to him at the Scream Awards last night, (dammit, IESB was there but neither of them walked the red carpet!), and Favreau told Jackson that Nick Fury would have a much more prominent role in the second one. Which honestly isn't hard to accomplish considering he was relegated to the end of the film with a very short cameo.

Jackson also went on to say that he is looking forward to working with Don Cheadle who will be playing Jim Rhodes (and possibly War Machine) in the sequel – while Terrence Howard is busy doing other things.
SOURCE

Let's see what he does :up: !

Bitter sweet with Howard gone... rumors had it that Fury would enlist the help of IM to track down a terrorist... maybe Mandarin. I should say most likely Mandarin... who else would the SHIELD want to track down that would be a suitable Iron Man villain? Madam Masque? Count Nefaria? Could be anyone really... I am just speculating. I think if we get Mandarin they will water down the character and make him as realistic as possible... just my two cents.

Favreau has basically told us that the Mandarin will have a small part in Iron Man 2 but mostly be saved for Iron Man 3.

And he's also hinted a lot towards Crimson Dynamo appearing.

Not a fan of another armored villain... and armored villain could work great as a counter to IM in Avengers... but no more armor wars. Count Nefaria or Mandarin are my picks.

Good news he's coming back for IM2. :up:

I wonder if he'll get a purple eye-patch..

It's great to hear that Sam will have a bigger role in IM2, I agree that the story will most likely be Fury recruiting Iron Man to hunt down Mandarin, most likely not seeing any kind of confrontation until IM3.
Favreau has hinted at seeing Crimson Dynamo or Titanium Man with the recent conflict in Georgia as was mentioned earlier, which is very cool, however, I could see other Iron Man villians like Madam Masque, Spy Master or Ghost being used in the second film.

It's great to hear that Sam will have a bigger role in IM2, I agree that the story will most likely be Fury recruiting Iron Man to hunt down Mandarin, most likely not seeing any kind of confrontation until IM3.
Favreau has hinted at seeing Crimson Dynamo or Titanium Man with the recent conflict in Georgia as was mentioned earlier, which is very cool, however, I could see other Iron Man villians like Madam Masque, Spy Master or Ghost being used in the second film.

If Titanium Man and Crimson Dynamo are in, we know what song it's gonna be playing in the background.. :oldrazz:

It's Samuel L Jackson. Mother******......

:woot:

j/k, this is great news :)

Samuel L. Jackson has Larger Role in "Iron Man 2"

It was recently revealed that Terrence Howard would be replaced by Don Cheadle in the role of Jim Rhodes in the upcoming "Iron Man" sequel. Howard had no idea that this was going to happen, which makes me wonder if there are any other changes we can expect in the new film.

IESB had the chance to attend the "Soul Men" press junket, where they spoke to Samuel L. Jackson, who not only confirmed that Cheadle will definitely be in "Iron Man 2," but also that his (Jackson's) part will be much bigger.

Anyone who had the chance to see the first movie, remembers that Jackson only appeared after the end-credits. Having already spoken to director Jon Favreau, Jackson said that he was promised a more prominent role this time around. That won't be difficult to do, since he only had a tiny cameo before.

It was also previously said that Jackson would appear in the upcoming "Avengers" movie, but will not get his own stand-alone movie, like some of the other characters.

Source: http://www.worstpreviews.com/

If they do the whole Russian angle then use Black Widow along with Dynamo... I think that's kind of old though... I mean we are treading Cold War stuff... I still say Madam Masque/Nefaria... sort of like Ras Al Ghul and Talia.

Samuel L. Jackson talked briefly to BlackVoices.com about returning as Nick Fury in Iron Man 2. Here's a clip:

Are we going to see more of Nick Fury in 'Iron Man 2'?

Samuel L. Jackson: I saw Jon Favreau last night (at the Scream Awards), and he told me we were. I was standing next to George Lucas and he said to me, 'Hey! I hope you are making your deal with them (Paramount)' and I was like, 'Really' (Laughs)

Tell George Lucas to suck it. I hope Sam Jackson stays humble and wants to be a team player. Avengers will be the greatest movie EVER if everyone can come together at a reasonable price.

Last edited:
We have no idea what made Howard get canned...Some sites have implied it was a behavior thing.

Hmm really..? Some sites.. hmm

A friend of a friend..

i think its cool that he will get a more prominent role in Iron Man 2 and probably in the Avengers movie. And I wonder if he will make a cameo in the other Marvel movies, to make up for the no stand-alone Nick Fury movie.

Are you going to be in 'Iron Man II'?

Jackson: I saw Jon Favreau last night and he told me that I was. He and I have made a deal. Since they're making deals now with people, I see Terrence [Howard]…Terrence is out. Don [Cheadle] is in. I guess I better make a deal. I need to get over there pretty quickly.
SOURCE

HAHAHA.....Sam, get that mother****in deal!

You will probably see a lot of Nick Fury’s in the future.

Jackson: I hadn’t thought of that, but I haven’t actually played Nick Fury yet. I showed up as Nick Fury. It’s interesting because I saw Favreau last night.

Are things getting rolling?

Jackson: Yeah, it’s close to being done.

Do you see Nick Fury being his own movie maybe? Is that something you would like to do?

Jackson: I would love that, but you got to be part of ‘Iron Man II’, ‘Thor’, ‘Captain America’, and then ‘The Avengers’ will probably happen at some point.

Is David Hasselhoff really pissed at you for taking over the role of Nick Fury?

Jackson: I saw him the other week, he didn’t seem to be.

SOURCE

Close to being done, eh? Sounds good to me :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"