• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Iron Man 2 Iron Man 2 Starts Shooting on Monday!

Other than Cheadle with the Ocean's 11 franchise, I don't think any of the main cast has ever worked on a sequel. Sure RDJ was in a spin off movie but he wasn't in the first film(The Fugitive).

Other than Cheadle with the Ocean's 11 franchise, I don't think any of the main cast has ever worked on a sequel. Sure RDJ was in a spin off movie but he wasn't in the first film(The Fugitive).

The film U.S. Marshals was a spiritual sequel to The Fugitive, not a spin-off movie.

:im::im::im::im:

Sam Jackson has several under his belt.
Paltow has one.
And yeah, I'd call U.S. Marshalls a spin-off since it centered on Tommy Lee Jones's character and not Harrison Ford's.

I just cant wait until we see some more set pics.

I am dying to see some more.

I just cant wait until we see some more set pics.

I am dying to see some more.
Now that we've seen Cheadle & Rockwell's looks for the film, I just want to see how ScarJo and Rourke are going to look

I hope we see more pics today.

Man I cant wait until SDCC when we get to see a sneak peek of the footage. I just know that they are going to show something.

Pics from today are likely to be really similar to yesterday's

Rourke said he was still getting in shape just a couple of days ago, so I don't expect him to show up on set for another week or two

Not sure if anyone has posted this, but IESB updated an article they posted last night

IRON MAN 2 directed by Jon Favreau and starring Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow and Don Cheadle began prinicpal photography today.
On set was veteran actor Garry Shandling, yes, that Garry Shandling. I kid you not, he was confirmed as part of the cast by Robert Downey Jr. earlier this week via WENN.
Shandling was on set today in an undisclosed location shooting a large scene.
I am editing this article to clarify what was previously written to make it more clear.
Shandling is a reporter or Senator or some sort that appears in a continuation of the final scene from the first IRON MAN film, you know that famous "I am Iron Man" scene. We start this film from there is what it looks like.
Stay tuned for further information and hopefully some pics!
SOURCE

Apparently the scene they shot yesterday was a continuation of the final scene from Iron Man, with Pepper, Rhodes, Hammer, and Shandling's character in attendance

Wow, interesting. I never thought they would do that.

Looks like it picks right up, and that actually sounds like a great thing. Threats are going to be ocming at him like ****. It seems more approriate that way, in that case, the world's bad guys like Hammer reacts faster and everyone else takes notice.

Like the sound of that. Picking up right where the first one ended.

Picking up right where the first one left off is great, IMO. It just really fits in well.

http://www.marvel.com/news/moviesto...s_on_~apos~~apos~IRON_MAN_2~excl~~apos~~apos~

Marvel posted a photo taken by Merrick Morton of the slate from the first shot of the movie at 10:24 AM on April 6, 2009.

18.jpg

Summary: http://www.internapse.com/marvel/news.php?id=1798
Cool!

can't ....wait....for....this....movie! :woot:

:stark

I really want to go crash the set. But they are probably already wrapped for the day.

I hope a couple of Easter eggs hints to the "Avenger Intiative" is dropped.

I hope we see more pics today.

Man I cant wait until SDCC when we get to see a sneak peek of the footage. I just know that they are going to show something.

Actually I think there's less of a chance this time around. IM2 is basically in the same position that TDK was last time. They don't have to resort to something like they did with SDCC'07 in order to hype the franchise(which was largely still unknown to the general public at the time). Favs even said that's why they had to do that for IM1 and films like TDK & IJ4 didn't. This time IM2 is in the position where, as Fav's said about those other two, "Oh they're making a sequel to that film? Boom, I'm there already!".

I am so ready for RDJ and crew to rock the **** out of this movie.

I am ****in hyped, i love Marvel, for the next few years, they have me ready to bust in my pants for some great movies. :cool:

Jon Favreau’s ‘Iron Man 2’ Twitter Update: Stunt Work For Happy Hogan?

Published by Josh Wigler on Wednesday, April 22, 2009 at 10:44 am.

From set photos to office tours, Jon Favreau’s Twitter page has been an incredibly entertaining source for all things “Iron Man.” But is the director’s Twittering habit now bringing some of the superhero sequel’s plot details to light? According to Favreau, the “Iron Man 2” director has reprised his role as Happy Hogan, Tony Stark’s bodyguard sidekick. While the character was rather subdued in the first film, it sounds like Favreau’s role will be significantly more colorful in the sequel — the actor-turned-director has already been involved in stunt work.

“Woke up sore from doing stunt work last night,” Favreau posted on April 18th. “I shoulda known it was coming when the stuntwoman said goodbye by saying ‘Take some Advil.’”

One day prior to that post, Favreau revealed via Twitter that he was “[on] set getting ready to shoot as Happy.”

If Favreau’s Hogan is already in the midst of stunt work, and if Hogan is Stark’s bodyguard, then it’s almost certain that Favreau and Robert Downey Jr. are getting in on the action scenes together. With recent reports that “Iron Man 2″ would focus on Stark’s public revelation as Iron Man, is it possible that the stunt-heavy scenes might involve some sort of attempt on Tony’s life?

Regardless of the scene’s circumstances — which, in all likelihood, will remain shrouded in mystery — it’s great to hear that Favreau’s character is getting beefed up for “Iron Man 2,” if only for an explosion here or there.

As an equally talented actor and director in the world of comic book movies — Favreau also played Foggy Nelson in “Daredevil,” mind you — there’s no doubt that Favreau’s further involvement as Happy Hogan is anything but awesome.
http://splashpage.mtv.com/2009/04/2...-2-twitter-update-stunt-work-for-happy-hogan/

Favreau twittered today that he filmed he directed scenes today with Mad Mens John Slattery, my best guess he's playing Howard Stark, which had been rumored not long ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"