The Dark Knight PETA says "Batman Beats Dogs!"

These are the same people that during Katrina wanted you to send in money to save dogs and cats while people where still trapped.

Wow... I hope PETA doesn't start a petition... It might really harm batman's BoxOffice performance.

freedom of speech is different from demands if you dont like that batman DEFENDED himself from guard dogs which were trained to attack and kill him then dont go see the movie.

SB-P

What demands? What are you even talking about? Did you actually read their statement?

They didn't demand anything. They just brought up the point that they were concerned about Batman beating dogs and people thinking thats good entertainment. What exactly do you expect an animal welfare organization to say - "Yay, beat more dogs!"? WTF.

These are the same people that during Katrina wanted you to send in money to save dogs and cats while people where still trapped.

Their organization specifically is for animal welfare, so of course they would be trying to save the dogs and cats from the disaster, so were all the animal groups, whats wrong with that?

Yes the people needed help too, but there were far more organizations already there to help the people from the Red Cross to the National Guard. People were much more likely to survive the flooding because they can think creatively, use tools and have other people there to help, the animals trapped in homes were in much greater danger.

I think your "outrage" is completely misplaced and a very poor reason to be upset with PETA for anything. It IS possible to save the people AND the animals at the same time, with people and animal organizations each individually sticking to what they do best, and BOTH kinds fundraising for their causes. Personally I would probably give my money to save the cats and dogs, because I know they are more likely to be overlooked than the people are, and unlike people cats and dogs can't use the telephone to call for help or steer a boat or anything else that people can do to stay safe.

Their organization specifically is for animal welfare, so of course they would be trying to save the dogs and cats from the disaster, so were all the animal groups, whats wrong with that?

Yes the people needed help too, but there were far more organizations already there to help the people from the Red Cross to the National Guard. People were much more likely to survive the flooding because they can think creatively, use tools and have other people there to help, the animals trapped in homes were in much greater danger.

I think your "outrage" is completely misplaced and a very poor reason to be upset with PETA for anything. It IS possible to save the people AND the animals at the same time, with people and animal organizations each individually sticking to what they do best, and BOTH kinds fundraising.
I get that they have a mission but PETA is not a sane organization. The ASPCA is a far better animal rights organization. As for human life, you know there are people that would save a dog before a human and this is a prime example. The celebritards that are the faces of the organization are idiots. Thousands of people die every hour of disease, starvation, etc...and of course we don't want those poor poodles in the puppy farm to suffer:whatever: You wonder why orgs like ASPCA don't run for bad publicity just for the sake of it. Just as there are bad human rights orgs there are bad animal rights orgs and PETA is one. PETA is a fear group that uses tastless tactics to get a message across. Much like Westboro Baptist Church if you remember when Heath died.

What demands? What are you even talking about? Did you actually read their statement?

They didn't demand anything. They just brought up the point that they were concerned about Batman beating dogs and people thinking thats good entertainment. What exactly do you expect an animal welfare organization to say - "Yay, beat more dogs!"? WTF.

Fanatic... Technically people are animals, right?

Well, Batman beat up QUITE a few more people than he did dogs in that movie. I'm just concerned that dogs seem to be more important to PETA than people. What about the poor innocent people batman beat up?

I get that they have a mission but PETA is not a sane organization. The ASPCA is a far better animal rights organization. As for human life, you know there are people that would save a dog before a human and this is a prime example. The celebritards that are the faces of the organization are idiots. Thousands of people die every hour of disease, starvation, etc...and of course we don't want those poor poodles in the puppy farm to suffer:whatever: You wonder why orgs like ASPCA don't run for bad publicity just for the sake of it. Just as there are bad human rights orgs there are bad animal rights orgs and PETA is one. PETA is a fear group that uses tastless tactics to get a message across. Much like Westboro Baptist Church if you remember when Heath died.

What is wrong with you? "People die all the time, who cares about the puppy farm!"?!?!? What kind of argument is that!!!?

What about caring about BOTH people and animals? Just because an organization is concerned with animals and focuses on them instead of people, doesn't mean there is anything wrong with that. Because there are far, FAR more organizations that deal with helping people. So you believe what exactly - that because the world isn't perfect for people, just f*** the animals and anyone who is concerned about animal cruelty, dog fights and torturing living things that can't speak for themselves is stupid? Excuse me if as a person who loves my pets I don't agree with your rather ridiculous position.

Fanatic... Technically people are animals, right?

Well, Batman beat up QUITE a few more people than he did dogs in that movie. I'm just concerned that dogs seem to be more important to PETA than people. What about the poor innocent people batman beat up?

First of all, I'm not PETA and my personal opinions have nothing to do with whether or not I will uphold their democratic right to say whatever the hell they want to say.

Second of all, PETA can speak up for the dogs being beat up, while human rights organizations concerned with law, order and criminal rehabilitation are completely free and within their rights to criticize Batman being the judge and jury when it comes to crime, and audiences thinking that this sort of brutality is acceptable entertainment. It's not PETAs job to speak out against the human violence, it IS their job to speak out against the animal violence. Anyone can understand that given that they are People for the Ethical Treatment of ANIMALS. This is their CAUSE. It doesn't mean that they hate all people just because they are focusing on animals and believe in their cause.

Why doesn't anyone get that because you love animals doesn't mean you automatically hate people? What is this ridiculous us vs them mentality when it comes to humans or dogs? Do you guys believe that because I love my cat, I automatically hate human beings? Of course not. But I'm not going to be too fond of any human being that tortures or kills cats, am I? Thats only rational. If Batman killed a cat which was trying to claw him in the film, I'd be pretty pissed off right now...thankfully he didn't. So though I'm not a huge dog person, and I don't own a dog, maybe there are a lot of people out there who own that breed of dog, and were really upset by seeing that in the film. Did you guys ever think of it from that perspective?

Whether you agree with either the animal organizations or the human rights organizations positions on the violence in TDK I think they should be able to make their points for people to thoughtfully consider and discuss, because we are in a "free" society. After all, there is outrage over police brutality when it's on the evening news, but when it's Batman doing it, its okay. Someone should mention that. (I'm not going to freak out over it personally, because without that aspect you wouldn't have Batman as a character, but I still welcome the discussion because we need thoughtful discussions in this country.)

Maybe the dogs liked being in batman? What gives PETA the right to speak for them? Maybe I want to speak for them... And I say they loved it. In fact, they got a kick out of it.

Problem with freedom of speech is that it doesn't make you right. People are wrong a lot. In fact, people are stupid a lot. PETA and the ALF work contrary to democratic freedoms by going on fear campaigns.

Maybe the dogs liked being in batman? What gives PETA the right to speak for them? Maybe I want to speak for them... And I say they loved it. In fact, they got a kick out of it.

Problem with freedom of speech is that it doesn't make you right. People are wrong a lot. In fact, people are stupid a lot. PETA and the ALF work contrary to democratic freedoms by going on fear campaigns.

The problem with freedom of speech is that doesn't make you right? What?

That's NOT a problem at all. You make a statement, and people are free to debate with you. How is that a problem? Thats a democracy, not a problem. That's thoughtful discussion of the issue. A PROBLEM is a totalitarian government that doesn't let you say anything. That's a problem.

If you bother reading PETAs statement, they never claimed they thought the dogs were mistreated or didn't "like" being in the film. They were concerned with the message this was sending to the public, that beating dogs is entertainment. If we like watching dogs getting beaten or killed in our blockbuster films, will we soon make dog-fighting legal? Or bull fighting? Will we, as a society, think less of animals trained to kill one another for sport and our pleasure if we become so desensitized?

Personally I know a little bit about the underground "sport" of dog fighting and it's a truly sick, horrible evil thing to do to animals. The dogs are tortured and abused and battered in order to be "toughened up", starved and then set loose on each other to tear each-other to shreds. It's completely and utterly disgusting and revolting to anyone who has the slightest bit of compassion for animals. The ASPCA has to fight against this problem in this country already, though it isn't easy, and a general public that accepts violence involving animals as "cool" isn't going to help track the bastards down who do this sort of thing.

And I have no idea what you mean about fear campaigns, all they did was write an article about the most pet-friendly superheros and mentioned TDK as not animal friendly. Oh, I shudder in fear. Not.

...and that should include the freedom to let The Dark Knight punch rubber flying dogs!

What a bunch of nancy's. If you were dying of hunger, they wouldn't eat a dog...If a dog was dying of hunger, they would eat them.

This group (PETA) never ceases to amaze me.

fanatic, I hope you sit down the Kool-Aid and know who you are defending. The ASPCA and various local Humane Societies actually do more for the health, care, and overall treatment of animals than PETA, who seems to care about which celebrities endorse them. Dont be played by con men and maladjusted collectors who do more harm than good to the animals they claim to defend.

No Joke, they are just looking for cheap attention. Which is funny, but not how they intended.

Hey, I'm not one of those PETA bashers I think they do a lot of good work and bring attention to a lot of cruelty that is being done on animals but this is playing right into the hands of those who say they're crazy.

The dogs in the movie was rochweilders attacking BAtman. He shouldn't defend himself against that?

BF said:
If you bother reading PETAs statement, they never claimed they thought the dogs were mistreated or didn't "like" being in the film. They were concerned with the message this was sending to the public, that beating dogs is entertainment.

Well, that's still a load of bull*****. The scene does not send any inappropriate message to the public.

Just because Batman hits a dog won't make kids who wish they were Batman hit dogs. It's the fact that they're a bunch of sc*mbags that will make them do it.

There is a context to that scene, and you can't ignore it. Batman hits dogs that attack him, with the clear intention of causing harm, maybe even killing him. In that context, anybody would hit the dog, just like anybody would hit a person who tried to hit them in the first place. It's called self-defense, and it's endorsed by the laws of almost every country in the world.

How would you have it? Batman taking a can of Bat-Dog-Repellent out of his belt and spray it into the faces of those rotts? If a rott tried to get me, I wouldn't even consider running. They're way too fast. I'll just try to defend myself, and it would definitely involve kicks and punches. It is NOT animal cruelty, it is self-defense. The context is what's important here.

It's not a question of "Would you rather save a human or a dog". That has nothing to do with it. The fact is that PETA are wrong, because the movie doesn't say "Beating dogs is cool", it says "If a dog attacks you, kick the crap out of it", and everybody should endorse that view.

I'd very much like to see a PETA member being attacked by a dog to see if they wouldn't hit back. What a bunch of hypocrites...

It's pretty obvious that with such a statement, PETA are only trying to get attention, as they're criticizing the big hit of the summer. And although they do have the right to do it, and I have nothing against it, giving credit to their message is, in my opinion, undeserved.

To make up for it, Nolan's gonna include Ace the Bathound in the sequel. ;)

If anything the dogs beat him first. He was just fighting back, yo!

fanatic, I hope you sit down the Kool-Aid and know who you are defending. The ASPCA and various local Humane Societies actually do more for the health, care, and overall treatment of animals than PETA, who seems to care about which celebrities endorse them. Dont be played by con men and maladjusted collectors who do more harm than good to the animals they claim to defend.
Exactly...the ASPCA is a respectable animal rights org. and PETA is a fad.

What is wrong with you? "People die all the time, who cares about the puppy farm!"?!?!? What kind of argument is that!!!?

What about caring about BOTH people and animals? Just because an organization is concerned with animals and focuses on them instead of people, doesn't mean there is anything wrong with that. Because there are far, FAR more organizations that deal with helping people. So you believe what exactly - that because the world isn't perfect for people, just f*** the animals and anyone who is concerned about animal cruelty, dog fights and torturing living things that can't speak for themselves is stupid? Excuse me if as a person who loves my pets I don't agree with your rather ridiculous position.
Oh I love my dog and cat and have even voluntered at my local pet shelter...animal cruelty is wrong and that is the reason why we have the ASPCA who can lock up those people doing wrong, a governmentally funded program. However, an animals life should never outweigh a person's life...period. People died during Katrina because they were stranded. But when PETA was asking for funds to save animals when people were still dying...I was shocked. God forbid we unite and put our personal missions on hold to save lives despite our political ties and agendas. Look into the differences between the ASPCA and PETA and see which org. is more worthy of your money.

And this current political stunt by PETA further proves their idiocracy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"