Transformers Peter Cullen is OFFICIALLY Optimus Prime

While Soundwave doesn't actually have minions (in the movie) I suppose that could work for Laserbeak, maybe. Dunno, how big are the biggest Ipods?

Think he'll say "Autobots rollout!"?

Spark said:
While Soundwave doesn't actually have minions (in the movie) I suppose that could work for Laserbeak, maybe. Dunno, how big are the biggest Ipods?

We would need something on the scale of Scary Movie 4's giant I-pod for that to work. Needless to say, you can't casually buy those in any local store. :)

I think he's in his 60's. Not to sure. But he can still do Primes voice thats the most important part.

His voice sounds even better now than it did in the 80's. More gruff and guttural. Should be perfect.

Spark said:

One of the things some fans have been saying is that if they change the name of the 4 foot soundwave robot to Frenzy, and just have a reference to him being a minion of Soundwave... that would be a-ok. Just leave Soundwave out alltogether with a mention of him, so they can do him right in the sequel.

IKnowSomeJudo said:
His voice sounds even better now than it did in the 80's. More gruff and guttural. Should be perfect.

Indeed. Aged vocal chords are like an audible fine wine to the palette of the ears.

Oerwinde said:
One of the things some fans have been saying is that if they change the name of the 4 foot soundwave robot to Frenzy, and just have a reference to him being a minion of Soundwave... that would be a-ok. Just leave Soundwave out alltogether with a mention of him, so they can do him right in the sequel.
Yeah, that's the best route IMO. I don't want to see Starscream kicking arse only for mini Soundwave (the other leiutenant) to get his head chopped off every five seconds. At least if the character was called Frenzy he might make a bit of sense.

I think it is great that Peter Cullen is reprising the role of Optimus Prime. But I have always been indifferent towards the voice casting for this film, as long as whoever was cast made sense.

Holy crap!!

G.I. Joe , Voltron, Jonny Quest, Ghostbusters, pirates of dark water, and the lis goes on. Cullen has been a big part of my childhood :) .

But most importantly he was KITT's evil arch nemesis, KARR. :cool:

Shinobi Rendar said:
Holy crap!!

G.I. Joe , Voltron, Jonny Quest, Ghostbusters, pirates of dark water, and the lis goes on. Cullen has been a big part of my childhood :) .
Very true and so has Frank Welker. His list goes on and on. :)

What's really wild, is that they have worked together on almost everything either of them has done!

Mal'Akai said:
What's really wild, is that they have worked together on almost everything either of them has done!

Not too unusual for voice actors. I suspect that people recommend each other to directors. And then, people who have experience working together are usually a good idea to cast for quick progress.

Spark said:
But most importantly he was KITT's evil arch nemesis, KARR. :cool:
Cullen was KARR?:eek: ..or was it Welker?

My theory on the movie

Decepticons will invade earth
Autobots try to stop them
Army attacks both of them
Autobots convinces the army that they are good
Army and autobots fight decepticons
Megatron shows up
Megatron and Optimus fight one last time

Golgo13:The Hitman said:
Cullen was KARR?:eek: ..or was it Welker?
Yeah, it was Cullen. For KARR's debut episode at least. I completely forgot about it until I watched the show on DVD last year. :up:

I just found out that Cullen did the voice for the Predator.

Golgo13:The Hitman said:
I just found out that Cullen did the voice for the Predator.

Predator (1987) (special vocalisation)

"You're one ugly mother****er"

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"