Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides - Part 2

Will Jack Sparrow...er... Captain Jack Sparrow return?

from what im hearing/heard, Jack has 3 more adventures... any news/thoughts/anything...

I, for one, cant wait. Pirates 4, 5, and 6 sounds great to me. The more Jack, the better.

Drink up me hearties, yo ho....

Dude, the lighting in that last pic is sick!

Barbossa looks so odd with a wig...and non-pirate clothes.

Extended super bowl spot.
[YT]jexPc_pjFv8[/YT]

Eh. Nothing we haven't seen before.

the Superbowl spot sucked

it was pretty much a cut down version of the trailer; nothing we have not seen before

At 00:38 into the extended trailer it looks like Jack is fighting another Jack. They even make the same moves.

Other than the "Your killing her" scene there is nothing new in this trailer.

It makes me wonder whether they are hallucinations, or if someone is hiring a bunch of fake Jacks to run around and cause havoc?
Doesn't Jack go to London because people were impersonating him? I vaguely remember reading about something in that criteria.

Doesn't Jack go to London because people were impersonating him? I vaguely remember reading about something in that criteria.

I believe you are right, but I wonder who is behind it and what their motive is?

More details about the Action Scenes:

The London Escape.
Captain Jack Sparrow and Joshamee Gibbs escape the hangman's noose only to be captured again by King George's soldiers. Can Jack escape through the busy streets of London and find refuge at the Captain's Daughter?

Whitecap Bay.
At White Cap Bay, Captain Jack Sparrow and the other pirates must capture a mermaid. Spot them using the searchlight and shoot the net from the boathouse cannon. But beware! If the whale oil tips over the whole lighthouse is sure to go up in flames!

The Captain's Cabin.
In the dead of night, Captain Jack Sparrow sneaks into the captain's cabin to steal a coveted ship-in-a-bottle. As he turns to leave, two pirates jump out of the shadows. With nowhere to run, will he be able to fend them off and escape with the loot?

Queen Anne's Revenge.
From the captain's quarters perched high on his magnificent ship, Blackbeard secretly looks on as Captain Jack Sparrow and the motley crew attempt mutiny against Angelica and the zombies. Will our heroes be able to take control of the ship before Blackbeard reveals himself

Fountain of Youth.
Barbossa, Blackbeard and Jack Sparrow are battling it out for the fabled spring that gives the gift of eternal life. As they clash cutlasses, can Captain Jack tiptoe past them and make it to the fountain first?

definitely sounds exciting action wise...hope its better that 2 and 3...

Really looking forward to this!

definitely sounds exciting action wise...hope its better that 2 and 3...

2 was good...you are crazy. The last 20 or so minutes which were obviously used to lead into the 3rd movie were the only things that sucked. If it had been its own movie and not the build up to a terrible third movie then it would have been as good as the first. Davey Jones is by far one of the greatest creations to come out of cinema in a long time.

who said it wasnt? lol...(you assume too much.)
it just wasnt on the firsts level...it was a 6.5/10 to me...3 sucked...but i just think this could be back where the first film was in quality...

2 was good...you are crazy. The last 20 or so minutes which were obviously used to lead into the 3rd movie were the only things that sucked. If it had been its own movie and not the build up to a terrible third movie then it would have been as good as the first. Davey Jones is by far one of the greatest creations to come out of cinema in a long time.

Even without essentially being a film to set up the third movie, I still had a lot of basic storytelling points with the second film.

To begin with, they completely reverted all the character development that came at the end of the first Pirates. Suddenly Will and Elizabeth are back to trusting Jack just as much as they do at the beginning of the first film. Jack, a man who was shown to risk his life for others at the end of the first movie, now is suddenly back to acting completely selfish, and Norrignton goes from being a man who is willing to give Jack a head start and accepts Will and Elizabeth's love, because he has honor, to a jealous rage-driven man.

And then add in the fact that Jack was turned into a looney-toons caricature at the beginning of the film, and being reverted to pure comic relief instead of being a more rounded character.

And while I liked Davy Jones, I would have liked it if they had taken a more JAWS approach with him. Limit the amount he is seen, really build up the anticipation for him, so when we finally do see him, it's a treat. Sure the CGI was great, but I'd rather have a better story and less pretty pictures if I had to choose.

Its seems everytime I pop my head in people are discussing how good/bad the 2nd and 3rd Pirates were. Personally, Dead Man's Chest and At World's End were amazing to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"