Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides - Part 2

well you're a little late to the POTC4 party. So perhaps you could have posted this in that thread or started a part 5 thread if it doesn't already exist.

Alan Silvestri...since he was supposed to do the score in the first place.

Anyway, Hans Zimmer totally half assed the **** out of that score. I would say the worst score of his career. But I can't fault him for it. This movie seemed half assed all the way.

But the Rodriego y Gabrella stuff was just awesome.

I saw this last night, I thought it was good not great as the last three in terms of adventure but I had fun watching it. Anybody else thought the scenes with the mermaids was incredibly well done?

I saw this last night, I thought it was good not great as the last three in terms of adventure but I had fun watching it. Anybody else thought the scenes with the mermaids was incredibly well done?

I thought it was the highlight in an otherwise decent movie, and I actually like all the three previous movies but I don't think Marshall's action scenes has the liviness as the ones Verbinski shot. The new additions to the cast are alright but I don't think they use them to their full potential, like Blackbeard for an example. So overall some interesting ideas but I think we need some fresh blood when it comes to the script. I loved the score though.

I didnt care for the Mermaid scene...I was expecting something else...but it was just very boring. And looked very boring. To me anyway.

I liked the shot of the sailor getting ripped apart in a red/black cloud...that was coool.

That line in Fight Club: A copy of a copy of a copy. That's what this film is. The second two felt like parodies of the first. This felt like a parody of the previous sequels. Very poor direction. Cringeworthy. Stay away from this film. It is visual herpes.

^ Agreed. But it made me realize how much better the other two are. Not saying much...but dispite all the ******** in the script, they were impressive visually, and had some fantastic action.

Saw this last night and thought it was okay, some decent scene's mixed with some bad ones, Depp as Jack was pretty good, Cruz was stunning but I thought Blackbeard was poor compared to Davy Jones and Barbossa, he just didnt seem to do anything and it would have been nice to find out why his sword controlled his ship.

It did bring some freshness to the franchise with the new cast members but overall Marshalls direction was pretty poor, had it been directed by someone else I think it would have been a better movie. 7.5/10.

This movie need New 3 disc 3D Bluray release.

Disc 1 (Earlier 3D Disc):

Audio: English DTS-HD MA 7.1. French & Italian DTS-HD HR 7.1.
English DD 2.0. Subs: English, French, Italian, Dutch/Nederlands, Danish, Finnish, Icelandic, Norwegian and Swedish.

Disc 2 (Earlier 2D Disc):

Audio: English DTS-HD MA 7.1. French & Italian DTS-HD HR 7.1.
English DD 2.0. Subs: English, French, Italian, Dutch/Nederlands, Danish, Finnish, Icelandic, Norwegian and Swedish.

Audio commentary. Bloopers of the Caribbean blooper reel (3:29) 2 Lego Pirates Of The Caribbean short films (2:06)

Disc 3 (BD Bonus Disc):

For Europe new Extra's from the two American bluray bonus discs: Legends of On Stranger Tides (36:16) In Search of the Fountain (10:59) Last Sail, First Voyage (8:20) Under the Scene: Bringing Mermaids to Life (9:20) 5 deleted and extended scenes w/ introductions by director Rob Marshall (8:33) Johnny Vs. Geoffrey (2:41) Organizing A Mutiny (5:13) Two Jacks (3:52) Sculpting Mermaids (5:09) Johnny And Judi (2:59) The Wild Boar (3:01)

Taken over from the dvd in the earlier BD/DVD Combopack:
5 Lego Pirates Of The Caribbean short films (5:19)

NEW: Trailer from POTC 5. Feature about music of Stranger Tides.

And course avaible with sleeve..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"