Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides - Part 2

Well Burton already worked on Dead Man's Chest as art director and creature designer. He was the one to create the design of the Dutchman and Davy Jones's crew.

No way! I didn't know that, but that's awesome! Is there a source for this info? Or is it common knowledge and I'm just seriously out of the loop?

I'm hoping for Cuaron. :up:

I do think Burton would be good, but I think that Dark Shadows is gonna be my last try for him to convince me he can get his old school magic back again.

No way! I didn't know that, but that's awesome! Is there a source for this info? Or is it common knowledge and I'm just seriously out of the loop?

As far as I know, Burton didn't design Davy. It was someone else named Crash; he also designed the characters for Rango.

Crash McCreery is fantastic ;)

google hes work.

It is in the movie's trivia in IMDB.

Octoberist, you are right. As I said he did the design on the Dutchman and Jones's crew. Not Jones himself.

Last edited:
I hope Cuaron gets the job. Burton would need to be kept in check at all times. Plus he almost always works with Danny Elfman, and I don't want Danny Elfman anywhere near this series. I would love for verbinski to come back, but if not then Cuaron is my choice. He would turn in a dark story with some killer cinematography that is for sure.

Cauron would be ideal. Man, I'd love to see that. I'd also like to see Raimi get a shot at it.

Well, there's both ambitious and awful choices on Disney's wish list. Should be interesting to see if any of them are willing to direct the sequel.

Burton's got Dark Shadows so I don't really see him working out.

And Raimi's going to work on the Oz movie. So I think he's out. But Cauron? Please be so.

Cuarón got Gravity, but then again we don't know if and when the production for the fifth movie will start.

Could be within the next couple of years. The script is being written, and it depends when Depp wants to do it.

Yeah it all really depends on Depp, and he said he was to hold off a bit on playing the character again as to make the each movies feel special. I'm guessing that we'll probably wait for the new movie as long as when we waited for On Strangers Tides.

If I'm not mistaken the script for the fifth movie is already done. Anyway, I do hope Disney take their time making the sequel.

I read a while back before the fourth film was even released that a fifth AND sixth film are planned by Disney and are completely standalone of each other. But that was about 2 or 3 months ago.

Cuarón got Gravity, but then again we don't know if and when the production for the fifth movie will start.

Gravity has had a lot of trouble in getting off the ground, and at this point isn't even a sure thing. At this point Disney is eyeing a 2013 release for pirates 5. That's what was said on the official fan message boards keep to the code.

Gravity has had a lot of trouble in getting off the ground, and at this point isn't even a sure thing. At this point Disney is eyeing a 2013 release for pirates 5. That's what was said on the official fan message boards keep to the code.

You do know that Gravity started shooting last month right?

You do know that Gravity started shooting last month right?

Lol oops I thought it was still in devolopment hell. What with all the cast changes I didn't think it would ever take off. Oh well.

Well Burton already worked on Dead Man's Chest as art director and creature designer. He was the one to create the design of the Dutchman and Davy Jones's crew.

I think he will do fine. But Disney has to understand something. COTBP was the movie it ws beacuse it introduce the characters for the first time. Since then no movie can top that. So the best approach is to make the movies fun and CG action packed movies as 2 and 3. Hope they go back to that formula for #5.

Complete lies! Burton has never mentioned this, nor has Verbinski or anyone else involved with the film, nor is he in the credits. On top of this all of Burton's designs for films are in his art book including the films that never even got off the ground yet there is absolutely nothing related to Pirates of the Caribbean. He was asked about directing a sequel around the time of At World's End and said no because it's not a world he established.

As much as I hate Raimi's Spidey movies, I honestly don't think he would ruin a shot at Pirates.

I wish I hadn't even read Cuaron's name on that list, because now my hopes are up. I am not the biggest fan of his films, but I am a huge fan of his style. I would just love to see what he could do with this property.

I think Raimi would work well with the style of PotC but I'd prefer Cuaron or Burton because I'm interested to see what they'd do with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"