Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Pitch Your Season Six

DalekbusterFitz

Dalekbuster523
Reaction score
Title exactly what it says on the tin. Pitch your sixth season. Infinity War spoilers in spoiler tags please to be fair to those who may not have seen it.

My Season Six would be the following:

Title: Marvel's Agents of SHIELD - Apocalypse

Format: Three mini-arcs like with Season 4 Ghost Rider/LMD/Framework

Plot summaries:

Arc 1: Apocalypse (episodes 1-10) -
In a post-snap apocalyptic world, the agents of SHIELD are working to save humanity from catastrophic incidents caused by people unexpectedly disappearing during their day-to-day lives. Cars crash, planes plummet to the ground and trains derail. The SHIELD agents are there to save the lives of the half of the population who still remain after Thanos snapped his fingers. But what happens when the SHIELD agents start turning to dust themselves? Who will be there to save the ordinary members of society when they're gone? Each episode, a SHIELD agent turns to dust until only Coulson and Simmons remain.

Arc 2: Past Liasons (11-16) - Coulson and Simmons are the only remaining SHIELD agents; in order to find a way to bring their friends back, they use a 'Time Vault' hidden deep inside a top-secret SHIELD base (I'm assuming they won't want to use monoliths again after that method of time travel created a hole in space-time leaking a fear dimension) to travel into SHIELD's past. There they meet Peggy Carter of the SSR days before she becomes one of the original founders of SHIELD, and assist her and the SSR with a case involving stolen tech from Howard Stark and a resurrection device which reverses ashes back into the people they used to be. Is this the solution they've been looking for to bring their friends back, or are the risks of tampering with unfamiliar technology too great?

Arc 3: Ripples In Time (17-22) - Coulson and Simmons return to the Present Day to find their friends have been revived, but with no knowledge of SHIELD or who they are. They are living wildly different lives, due to SHIELD no longer existing. I know this sounds similar to the Framework, but this time Hydra doesn't exist either. No SHIELD has left the Earth vulnerable to attacks from Gravitron, rogue Inhumans such as Jiaying and Hellfire, Hyde, Lash and the Kree. Ghost Rider having never met SHIELD due to its non-existence has instead become an ally to the Avengers. Coulson and Simmons must go back in time to work out what change they made that led to a SHIELD-less future, and correct the timeline so that the Earth is defended once again. Meanwhile their friends' lives alter and become closer to how they were before as Coulson and Simmons' actions in the past make small ripples to time.

What would your sixth season be?

Last edited:
Yea I like the trilogy mini arc idea. I would pitch something like Deathlok/Secret Warriors/Inhumans.

Deathlok returns: Teams up with whoever is left from the snapture. Goes on some kind of mission to find survivors, or fight a new villain that filling the power vacuum (AIM?).

Secret Warriors - redemption: From the aftermath of Deathlok arc, the surviving heroes team up. Deathlok, Quake, Yoyo, Professor Elliot Randolph (The undercover Asgardian), whoever else they can get hold of.

Inhumans - Ennilux : Lets see some earth based Inhumans. The Ennilux corp would be the a good introduction to that. Daisy can have a homecoming of sorts to her "new" family. Divided loyalties, betrayal, double crossing. Would be a good way to introduce Reader.

Honorable mention to a Darkhold Redeemers or Midnight sons arc. I'd be down for some supernatural stories. Introduce Else Bloodstone. I think the Hood would be a great season villain.

Edit:Now that I think about it, I'd be happy for Agent's of Shield to get cancelled and the just make a spin off show based on any of the above ideas. Darkhold Redeemers could be a supernatural procedural show with Mack as lead. An Ennilux show staring Reader and Daisy could work too.

Last edited:
Anything that involves (a) Ghost Rider and I'm in. I wouldn't mind them introducing Blade (and in turn, Vampires) to the MCU through AoS either; could even be something to launch these two characters into their own shows.

I'm also not quite expecting the Inhumans show to be renewed, but I do think there's potential with those characters, and so I'd like an arc of SHIELD to focus on those of them on Earth - establishing their existence within the MCU, threat containment, alliances, understanding the powers and the royal family (etc)

It is confirmd Inhumans is cancelled.

Anything that involves (a) Ghost Rider and I'm in. I wouldn't mind them introducing Blade (and in turn, Vampires) to the MCU through AoS either; could even be something to launch these two characters into their own shows.

I'm also not quite expecting the Inhumans show to be renewed, but I do think there's potential with those characters, and so I'd like an arc of SHIELD to focus on those of them on Earth - establishing their existence within the MCU, threat containment, alliances, understanding the powers and the royal family (etc)

I'm down with all of that, except it might be too soon for the bring the royal family back. But all the other Inhuman groups would be welcome.

As for Blade, Ghost Rider etc. I would prefer they just gave them there own show. I think GR has proved himself. The could get the budget down with some creative editing. Doesn't even have to have a skull head to access his powers most of the time. Half of the season could work with just Reyes.

You'll have to shorten your pitches. They got a 13 episode order for season 6.

Yea I like the trilogy mini arc idea. I would pitch something like Deathlok/Secret Warriors/Inhumans.

Deathlok returns: Teams up with whoever is left from the snapture. Goes on some kind of mission to find survivors, or fight a new villain that filling the power vacuum (AIM?).

Secret Warriors - redemption: From the aftermath of Deathlok arc, the surviving heroes team up. Deathlok, Quake, Yoyo, Professor Elliot Randolph (The undercover Asgardian), whoever else they can get hold of.

Inhumans - Ennilux : Lets see some earth based Inhumans. The Ennilux corp would be the a good introduction to that. Daisy can have a homecoming of sorts to her "new" family. Divided loyalties, betrayal, double crossing. Would be a good way to introduce Reader.

Honorable mention to a Darkhold Redeemers or Midnight sons arc. I'd be down for some supernatural stories. Introduce Else Bloodstone. I think the Hood would be a great season villain.

Edit:Now that I think about it, I'd be happy for Agent's of Shield to get cancelled and the just make a spin off show based on any of the above ideas. Darkhold Redeemers could be a supernatural procedural show with Mack as lead. An Ennilux show staring Reader and Daisy could work too.

This would be a lot of fun. Anything involving more Inhumans would definitely satisfy me.

You'll have to shorten your pitches. They got a 13 episode order for season 6.

If I had to choose one pitch, I would go all in with Inhumans. They have spent years laying the groundwork. Inhumans have ties to the Kree, so you could weave in some more cosmic stories if necessary. And Deathlok can still make an appearance if they need him.

I would sacrifice the supernatural stories if there's not enough episodes to really explore them.

Well, with 13 episodes that'll likely wrap this show up, and with the cancellation of Inhumans, the logical choice seems to be staring us right in the face doesn't it? Bring the cast of the two shows together and have our Agents deal with the sudden appearance of the Royal Family (and other Inhumans).

13 episodes should be enough to bring the casts together alongside a Kree element; maybe have them join forces to battle the Kree.

As for Blade, Ghost Rider etc. I would prefer they just gave them there own show. I think GR has proved himself. The could get the budget down with some creative editing. Doesn't even have to have a skull head to access his powers most of the time. Half of the season could work with just Reyes.
Oh I'd love them to do Netflix series on both these characters - ten episodes per season and I'd be happy.

Unfortunately these two characters (which seem to be the most desired) haven't made any movement for their own shows. Hopefully, with the cancellation of Inhumans and the (seemingly inevitable) cancellation of Shield, Netflix will want to cash in on the prospects of these other characters.

I think they will likely ignore Inhumans, LOL!

I think that since they tied their fate to Inhumans when the movies cut them loose baring any corporate Infinity tie in demand we get a post snapture increase in Watchdog intensity since there are few proper aliens to go after.

I'd rather an entirely new storyline than a retread of stuff we've already been over. The only thing I'd like them to go back to off the top of my head is Vijay. Maybe they can have the SHIELD team be the founders of SWORD.

Honestly, my pitch is we will never see The Leader in a movie ever...so why not make him the villain of AoS for the season?

That's my pitch :o

If I had to choose one pitch, I would go all in with Inhumans. They have spent years laying the groundwork. Inhumans have ties to the Kree, so you could weave in some more cosmic stories if necessary. And Deathlok can still make an appearance if they need him.

I would sacrifice the supernatural stories if there's not enough episodes to really explore them.

Deathlok needs to appear more. It was great seeing that character return for Fitz and Simmons' wedding.

Since we think it would be post Avengers 4 now. Tease the rise of mutants along with future alien threats and a new organization to deal with it.

Deathlok and Mockingbird reappear and rejoin the team. End the series with S.H.I.E.L.D once again a global organization.

The movies always get first crack at a concept (if they want it), so while mutants will certainly be in the TV series it probably won't be until they've been introduced into the movies first.

If the shortened season happens before Avengers 4, do a year of hell. If it's after, they can do whatever they want. I just hope someone from the MCU gives them at least a bit of a heads up about how Avengers 4 ends so they can write something that fits that aftermath. I'm even ok with a time jump season.

Since we think it would be post Avengers 4 now. Tease the rise of mutants along with future alien threats and a new organization to deal with it.

Problem is the mutants are too similar to the Inhumans. I can only see that working if there's rivalry between Inhumans and mutants.

My pitch is that Abomination appears...and in each episode murders another member of the team in brutal fashion. Mack...ever the good guy...refuses to allow his team to use lethal force against him. Week after week...more cast members fall...but good guys don't kill....they Hope. In the final episode, Mack...the last surviving member...is killed by Abomination after Mack decides to not use the anti-Abomination cannon that Fitz made prior to being ripped in half.

I would like to see Shield become an legit organization again.

I would like to see Shield become an legit organization again.

Legit like the Tony Stark Avengers in that they self support but are not hunted by authorities? Or legit like Captain America's Avengers where everybody but the control fanatics ignore their vigilante actions?

My pitch is that Abomination appears...and in each episode murders another member of the team in brutal fashion. Mack...ever the good guy...refuses to allow his team to use lethal force against him. Week after week...more cast members fall...but good guys don't kill....they Hope. In the final episode, Mack...the last surviving member...is killed by Abomination after Mack decides to not use the anti-Abomination cannon that Fitz made prior to being ripped in half.
Mack has shown that he does think killing is acceptable, so he could give the lethal force order against Abomination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"