• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Power Rangers 4.0 - Part 2

I'm 32 years old and I still ship Tommy/Kim
fefe7ec3f753c14bc16ed22a744c5836.jpg

In my mind, they reunited, their kid became a Ranger and they all lived happily ever after. I always wondered about their real life relationship though, their body language towards each other is always off the charts.

But I digress, yes, AJJ needs to officially come back into the fold for a cameo.

Look...im still bitter that they didnt end up together in the comics. They were my first ship

Look...im still bitter that they didnt end up together in the comics. They were my first ship

Listen, I had so much irrational anger towards the Katherine character for years. 5 year old Shinobi rolled his eyes hard as hell when she morphed for the first time, with KIMBERLY’s Power Coin!

But I’ve grown to love Catherine Sutherland, she’s very down to earth. LOL.

I can probably see why they didn't work with Jason David Frank this time. Like yes, Tommy/Green Ranger is an iconic character and all that, but I think JDF got a very big ego as a result. I can see why he could be a handful to work with.

Also, they did at least bring Austin St. John back for that Beast Morphers season.

I wonder if Adam Will become the new Green or White Ranger in the anniversary special.

I can probably see why they didn't work with Jason David Frank this time. Like yes, Tommy/Green Ranger is an iconic character and all that, but I think JDF got a very big ego as a result. I can see why he could be a handful to work with.

Also, they did at least bring Austin St. John back for that Beast Morphers season.

It always fascinates me that Tommy is becaming such iconic character there...while in Zyuranger, Burai had only appeared less than half of 50 episodes total. Though Dragon Caesar (The Dragon Zord) is more popular that Toei made the homage to it in Zenkaiger last year.

In Sentai, I think Shurikenger (from Hurricaneger) was the most popular 6th Ranger.

Speaking of anniversary and Hurricaneger....
there is a 20th anniversary V-Cinema for Ninpuu Sentai Hurricaneger (2002).
Released summer 2023.

Hurricaneger is the first series to have two anniversary special (they first had the 10th anniversary back in 2012). And now 10 years has passed and they will reunite again.

It always fascinates me that Tommy is becaming such iconic character there...while in Zyuranger, Burai had only appeared less than half of 50 episodes total. Though Dragon Caesar (The Dragon Zord) is more popular that Toei made the homage to it in Zenkaiger last year.

In Sentai, I think Shurikenger (from Hurricaneger) was the most popular 6th Ranger.

The way they brought him into the series was pretty memorable. They hyped it up as a 5 part event. I remember when it aired all that week. It was high drama for an 8 year old. And Tommy sort of earned icon status by sticking with the show the longest of all the OG cast. JDF's willingness to cash in on that popularity also was why he often came back.

Its funny that an evil Ranger is part of what made Power Rangers so huge when it premiered and once Saban took over the franchise again he banned evil Power Rangers in future seasons.

The mystery of who the Green Ranger was, how he befriended Kimberly, how he took down Zordon was all great tv for a child.

Its funny that an evil Ranger is part of what made Power Rangers so huge when it premiered and once Saban took over the franchise again he banned evil Power Rangers in future seasons.

The mystery of who the Green Ranger was, how he befriended Kimberly, how he took down Zordon was all great tv for a child.

I mean, there isn't that many evil rangers in Saban's original run. They only ignored the Kunoichi Team, but a lot of the ranger action was cut from the Kakuranger footage they used. They still used the Psychos. I mean, the US original Titanium Ranger was initially an evil ranger.

I mean, there isn't that many evil rangers in Saban's original run. They only ignored the Kunoichi Team, but a lot of the ranger action was cut from the Kakuranger footage they used. They still used the Psychos. I mean, the US original Titanium Ranger was initially an evil ranger.

Yes but he downright made it a rule that they could not have evil Power Rangers once he bought it back from Disney. They couldnt do an evil Ranger even if they had wanted to

Hurricaneger 20th teaser

Abaranger 20th teaser

And the 2023 Super Sentai name are already being revealed.

It is " Ousama Sentai King-Ohgers"
"Ou-sama" here literally means "your highness"...so I suspect it is based on Royal theme.

Last edited:
From Kamen Rider side of things...
This year's winter movie (which is called "Battle Royale" and will open 1 week after Avatar 2) will feature Ryuki, Knight, and Ouja (from Kamen Rider Ryuki/Dragon Knight) as guest characters.

Considering the new series (Geats) revolve around "survival game"...it would be more appropriate to include Ryuki here. It's been a while since I am hyped and exciting or KR annual movie.

It hasnt been 100% confirmed but it appears that Jason David Frank passed away. Thus far only his (former?) trainer appeared to confirm it.

Hurts me to my heart. Walter Emanuel Jones and Blake Foster also posted something about him on their IG profiles.

Oh JDF… :csad:

Man this an awful month, first we lost Kevin Conroy (Batman) now Jason David Frank ( Tommy Oliver)

I'm absolutely gutted. I was just finishing up my Conroy tribute video only to wake up to this. I'm attending LA Comic Con in 2 weeks; they're gonna need a whole In Memorium wall for all these major guests we've lost in just the last few months.

Amy Jo Johnson and Austin St John both said some very nice things about JDF on their Instagram and Twitter, respectively.

Still so surreal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"