Power Rangers 4.0 - Part 2

Also speaking of In Space that TMNT:NG was epic when I was a kid.

In honor of the 30th Anniversary of Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers here's the retrospective feature from the complete series dvd set.
View attachment 62114View attachment 62115

It's crazy that PR already reach 30th year...
they are only 15 years younger than Super Sentai.

And seeing the footage...I am amazed that Saban used the original actress of Wicth Bandora. Do they credit her name here?

The late actress who played Bandora/Rita was Soga Machiko. She was a veteran actress in long Sentai and Tokusatsu series. Before Zyuranger, she was played the villain Queen Hedora in Denshi Sentai Denjiman (1980) and its direct sequel, Taiyo Sentai Sunvulcan (1981). Outside Sentai, she was played various villain roles in Metal Hero series like Gavan, Sharivan, Spielvan, Jiraiya, and Jiban. The only good character role she was ever played was in Mahou (Magic) Sentai Magiranger (2005), I believe thats her last role before her passing.

Last edited:
That reminds me...
The only thing that Zyuranger (and Bandora/Rita) is memorable for me is the Bandora song. Haha.

I wonder if Saban ever adapt the Bandora song in PR. Haha

so surprised to learn that purple is a female...:)
We got 2 female members..yay!

Can't wait!

It's crazy that PR already reach 30th year...
they are only 15 years younger than Super Sentai.

And seeing the footage...I am amazed that Saban used the original actress of Wicth Bandora. Do they credit her name here?

I checked the credits on Day of the Dumpster, and she was not. Sadly, I suspect the rules governing credit would not apply to the Japanese actors in reused footage.

King ohger cast

The civilian outfits are amazing.

Netflix really needs to start developing an animated PR series based on the Shattered Grid/PR comicbooks if they aren't quietly doing so already. So many possibilities to bring back way more PR alumni in different forms, more toys from the comics, another tie-in video game, you name it. It makes too much sense.

The fact that Disney was still so cheap w/JDF was amazing.

Netflix really needs to start developing an animated PR series based on the Shattered Grid/PR comicbooks if they aren't quietly doing so already. So many possibilities to bring back way more PR alumni in different forms, more toys from the comics, another tie-in video game, you name it. It makes too much sense.

It definitely does but i feel like we would've heard about it. I know Hasbro had some layoffs and seems to have slowed down w/PR

The Master morpher is coming for 30th Anniversary with voice dialogue from JDF

Sadly it appears that everything that isnt merch has come to a halt or at the very least is going at a snails pace. The expansion of the Power Rangers world in tv/streaming/movies won't be coming anywhere anytime soon.

Donbrothers ended yesterday for total 50 episodes.

One of the best in the series.
From 5 members at the beginning to become 12 at the end. From enemies become allies.
It was uniquely fun, original and a lot of heart. I teared a little at the part with Taro and his dad.

I am going to miss this cast a lot. Next we'll see them is on the team up movie vs Zenkaiger.

Next week is King-Ohger premiere episode!

I am excited because so far Reiwa era Super Sentai has been so good!

Sadly, Shout Factory still has almost 20 shows to bring over before they get to Donbrothers.

I will hopefully be able to watch it legally someday.

You will eventually get there...
Just hope they can speed up the release order. Haha.

Maybe the bias on me...but Donbrothers is truly the best of the Japanese heavily themed series (more so than Shinkenger, Ninninger, and Hurricaneger).

I've seen the King-ohger morphers.

Apparently they are using Volume tech for the show, which is giving the show a very unique look.

2 episodes in....I am very much in love with King-Ohger.

The scale and scope of the world building is perhaps the biggest I've ever seen in Sentai and also tokusatsu show as a whole. This is the first time Sentai series which is truly embrace the fantasy and mythology setting..though I suspect after several episodes they will changing it into modern world/earth to save budget...haha. (Just like ZyuOuger and Kyuranger). It would be too costly to spend the entire series fully in CGI and green screen like in episode 1 and 2.

And I must say...the setting is really reminded me of Game of Thrones and Attack on Titans. With each 5 Kingdoms had their own personalities.

I cannot wait for more.
For series that is supposedly to be more kid friendly than Kamen Rider, Super Sentai now has more complex and mature theme going on.

2 episodes in....I am very much in love with King-Ohger.

The scale and scope of the world building is perhaps the biggest I've ever seen in Sentai and also tokusatsu show as a whole. This is the first time Sentai series which is truly embrace the fantasy and mythology setting..though I suspect after several episodes they will changing it into modern world/earth to save budget...haha. (Just like ZyuOuger and Kyuranger). It would be too costly to spend the entire series fully in CGI and green screen like in episode 1 and 2.

And I must say...the setting is really reminded me of Game of Thrones and Attack on Titans. With each 5 Kingdoms had their own personalities.

I cannot wait for more.
For series that is supposedly to be more kid friendly than Kamen Rider, Super Sentai now has more complex and mature theme going on.

I'm not entirely sure they have to. They seem to be using Volume tech. If they've invested in an LED set, they are likely to keep using it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"