Predator vs Terminator

i think it's safe to say that predators can't win in DACMAN's world no matter what.

I just don't think they're that tough. I love the Predator movies. I have the first on Bluray. But they get their butts kicked pretty easily. I mean Danny Glover? Come on.

I think a Predator could kill a Raptor from Jurassic Park. How's that for you?

Besides, we're talking Terminator. A super smart machine built to kill things, and to wage war. They even have Terminators made out of liquid metal. I think Terminator would beat everyone. Maybe not King Kong. King Kong could mess everyone up, at the same time.

Last edited:
Whatever. Arnold beat a Pred as a human. He'd do it twice as hard as a robot from the future that was built to kill things. End of story.

He beat the Predator by tricking it. It's not like he took his gun, charged at him and shot the Predator to a bloody pulp with no effort whatsoever. He came up with a plan to take the Predator on. As intelligent as Terminators are supposed to be and with all the knowledge of warfare, the dudes are pretty straight forward.

Uh... didn't a Predator get killed by Arnold already? And then by a cutting device to the gut?

In movies where the scenario always is that the good guy wins. So the Predator will always die, that doesn't make him a chump though. This time it would be evil vs evil and the Predator has a fair chance at winning. Especially with the firepower it packs and superior strength and agility compared to a normal human.

And if we're talking about a T-1000 this isn't even a contest.

Sure, not in a straight up fight. But neither would the regular Terminator have much of a chance.

Last edited:
As intelligent as Terminators are supposed to be and with all the knowledge of warfare, the dudes are pretty straight forward.
Have you seen a Terminator movie? You do know that Terminators are infultration units right? He tricked Sarah Connor into giving him their location in Terminator 1. We see the T-1000 doing all kinds of tactic heavy things in T2 like killing John Connors' parents. We even see in T2 that the Terminator is well versed in human physiology, anatomy, and in T3 psychology. All do to one thing. Kill people.

To me it's really simple. Terminator is made to kill and wage war. The Predator is raised to hunt. They even make sure not to damage the skull because it's a trophy. Their is nothing like that holding the Terminators back. Not fear, not remorse, not self doudt, not hunger, not fatigue, nothing. The Terminator has every advantage.

When I heard they were making an Alien vs Predator movie, I thought the Aliens were going to get slaughtered by the Predators. I mean the Predators have all that cool tech, stealth, weaponry etc. If Ripley can handle them, then the Predators will go to town on them, I thought.

I was stunned when I saw the Aliens kicks their ass.

And yet, once they see their target, all they do is go for it. It's not like they set up an elaborate trap and wait somewhere behind a corner till the Predator comes closer.

No, it's always target aquired and go.

If humans can take down Terminator with a couple laserguns and grenades, then so can Predators with plasmacasters. Oh, and we almost forgot their latest equipment. The power glove. If it can punch a giant hole through the street, I'm sure it can send a Terminator flying.

But to be fair, if we're going to give every weapon to the Predator why not put the Predator up against the best Terminator. In which case Terminator would still win.

Skynet would send the Predators home packing.

If Danny Glover can, I'd expect a world wide network of self-aware killing machines as well.

I really don't like the fact that you're selling the Predator in P2 short.

Predators beat T-800
T-1000 beat Predators
Terminatrix beats Predators

T-1000 > Predator > Terminatrix > T-800

The deadliest aspect of teminators is that people think they're human. If a predator knows a terminator is a machine then the ball is in his court. All he needs then is to figure out how to kill it. I think the predator could easily kill the Terminatrix and T-800 by beheading them with his disc from a safe distance. Or shoot them in a tactical place with their plasma shoulder gun.

No way a predator beats a T-1000 though. That thing could survive a nuke.

You can melt it in hot steel, but it survives a nuke? Where's that written down?

This happened in the first Predator movie...& Terminator won.

This is getting tiresome. The same old argument. "Well, Arnold aleady won, so Terminators win by default." It doesn't matter that Terminators have different tactics than regular people. No, all that matters is that someone, somewhere beat a Pred, so they pretty much have no chance against anyone else in any future discussions.

What is tiresome is the idea an alien who has gotten it's butt kicked by humans left and right while carrying advanced weapons, could stand a chance against a machine built to kill who will be carrying advanced weapons itself.

Close range the Terminator wins. Hands down. A T-800 could put it's fist right through a Predators skull. A Predator is strong, but nothing compared to a Terminator.

And long range a Terminator wins. A Terminator's weapons are more advanced and deadly. The best weapons a Pred has is it's shoulder gun, and I can't imagine it would do much damage to a T-800 considering the gun used by the TX on the T-850 didn't destroy it and the gun the TX used looked WAAAY more powerful than the shoulder gun the Pred uses. The shot blasted the T-850 back about 100 feet. The Preds shoulder gun barely makes holes in people. The Terminator doesn't tire, doesn't eat, doesn't sleep, doesn't feel fear, or pity, or pain, or have a sense of honor, it isn't concerned about leaving the head intact so it can put it in a trophy case. The Predator has to deal with all of those things, a Terminator isn't concerned about any of those.

You blow a Predator's leg off and it will feel pain, maybe fear, and might try to retreat. That is if it doesn't bleed to death first.

You blow a Terminator's leg off and it will just keep coming.

Last edited:
-Terminators have a hard enough time tracking a target in a steel mill and a factory. what effect does the cloak have on their vision?

-Reese knocked a Terminator out of commission for a few seconds with his shotgun, Harrigan did the same, and the Predator still got back up.

-Funny you mention the leg thing and the terminator, considering how he was unable to do squat after being gimped in the first movie.

-The plasma castors have variable power, look at the end of Predator when he's blindly firing into all the trees.

Referencing T3: :facepalm:

And if you wanna go as far as T3, remember that little plasma blast? It ruptured one of his fuel cells and knocked him out for quite a period of time. The T850s have 2, whereas T800s have one. :)

Last edited:
You obviously missed the point that the TX's gun was much more powerful. And the Terminator kept coming in T1 after having it's leg damaged so I don't see your point. A cloaked Pred isn't going to be hard to find for a Terminator who has infrared vision. The real question is can a Pred see a cold steel Terminator with it's infrared? Sure it can change visions but will it do it in time before the Terminator can find it? Plus if the Pred removes it's mask, or the Terminator breaks it the Predator is totally screwed as the Predators see in infrared.

Terminators are designed to kill humans not predators. This is a huge weakness.

The terminator makes assumptions about it's target that would get it killed by a predator with a quicker reaction time and more advanced weapon arsenal.

But I do feel a terminator designed to kill predators would do so easily. But frankly I doubt the terminators have A.I. advanced enough for that task.

A.I. that is self-aware isn't advanced enough...:whatever:

And Terminators are made to kill humans. Good thing Predators are humanoid.

And from what we've seen Terminators have more advanced weapons. Predators have throwing staffs and frisbees with blades on it. The only advanced weapons we've really seen are the shoulder gun and the self destruct weapon. Every gun we've seen a Terminator carry in the future was far more advanced looking and deadly.

2:30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI42TeuwlMw

Franco Columbo Terminator would eat a Predator for breakfast. The Terminators have weapons that blow people apart in one shot. It took the Predator two shots from his shoulder cannon to put Jesse Ventura down. It took one shot from the HK Terminator to completely blow apart a human. And the HK unit from T1 is less advanced then the T-800 infiltration unit.

At 1:35

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MSZAzCOXaI

A Terminator would destroy a Predator. No contest.

Last edited:
You obviously missed the point that the TX's gun was much more powerful.

You don't know that.

And the Terminator kept coming in T1 after having it's leg damaged so I don't see your point.
And it was rendered far less dangerous. Sure it keeps chasing, but far less efficient.

A cloaked Pred isn't going to be hard to find for a Terminator who has infrared vision.
While it works that way in the video games, we've yet to see thermal on a predator at all.

The real question is can a Pred see a cold steel Terminator with it's infrared?
Their helmets lower ambient heat, look at the hot Val Verde jungle and city compared to the human bodies.

Plus if the Pred removes it's mask, or the Terminator breaks it the Predator is totally screwed as the Predators see in infrared.
They can still see, just not as well. As if a Terminator got close enough to touch a Predator. And their helmets are quite strong, it withstood bullets from Harrigans rifle.

You don't know that.

It certainly looked more powerful. You have to admit. And that's all we can go on since neither weapon is real. We can't go out to a field and see which is more powerful. The TX weapon blew apart cars and trucks like they were nothing.

And it was rendered far less dangerous. Sure it keeps chasing, but far less efficient.

Sure. But a Predator without a leg would bleed, feel pain, maybe even fear. A Terminator wouldn't feel any of that. It would just keep coming, only slower. A Predator could well die from the same injury. A Terminator would just keep coming no more afraid or desensitized from pain or loss of blood.

While it works that way in the video games, we've yet to see thermal on a predator at all.

Which is the only thing we have to go on. Your just side stepped the point. We have seen thermal on a Predator. Saying we haven't seen it "at all" isn't correct since you yourself just said we've seen it in games. This was a self defeating statement. So the point stands.

Their helmets lower ambient heat, look at the hot Val Verde jungle and city compared to the human bodies.

Predators still see in IR. Which is what will screw over the Pred once the Terminator damages the mask. Or the Predator feels like taking it off again for no apparent reason like they always do in every movie.

They can still see, just not as well. As if a Terminator got close enough to touch a Predator. And their helmets are quite strong, it withstood bullets from Harrigans rifle.

An alien second mouth broke right though it. And a terminator is strong enough to punch a car apart, or bend a steel crowbar. I don't think it's going to have a hard time ripping it's mask off. Or even punching a hole in it for that matter. Besides, it's funny you should mention a Terminator not getting close enough. How long do you think it would take Skynet to build a Terminator with a Predator endo? I don't think very long. Really all they need to do is send in a T-1000. It could make the change on the fly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"