President Colbert!

Dew k. Mosi

Hype Award Winner
Reaction score
Obama is a Skrull

colbertwinsmm2.jpg

Sure, Barack Obama, you may rule the real world now. But hyper-real comedian Stephen Colbert has claimed the presidency in the Marvel Universe, beating out both your audacity of hope and John McCain's capacity for mope.

Marvel's Daily Bugle headline is hot off the presses and details are sketchy for now, but it looks like the ballot results will be celebrated in Amazing Spider-Man No. 574. And no doubt the Bugle's freelance shutterbug Peter Parker, and his arachnid alter ego Spider-Man, had a hand in the victory. As Underwire reported in its earlier piece on Colbert and Spidey, the truthiness squad was catching fire and was scheduled for a landslide. That landslide has come at last, at least in the Marvel Universe, which according to Marvel editor-in-chief Joe Quesada, was more interesting than our own.

"Stephen tried to run for president in our boring universe," Quesada explained in our earlier interview, "but unfortunately his campaign was stymied by the powers that be. Not so in the Marvel Universe, where his campaign is in full swing and gaining momentum, once again proving that we would all rather be living in the Marvel Universe than the real one."

Underwire asked Quesada on Wednesday to comment on whether Obama's super Tuesday win has changed his opinion on that, or whether he's sticking with Colbert as his preferred president. He was suitably evasive, but he had a good reason. He smelled trouble.

"While I personally throw my support behind whomever is elected our Commander-in-Chief, I'm calling for a recount as I feel there may have been some voting improprieties," Marvel's honcho complained. "With Mr. Colbert's hard-line stance against illegal aliens such as the shape-shifting Skrulls, I suspect foul play of the intergalactic variety!"

Wait, did he just call Obama a Skrull?

Dewey Defeats Truman!

Election Upset! Stephen Colbert Loses To Barack Obama, Won’t Be US President In Marvel Universe
Published by Rick Marshall on Wednesday, November 5, 2008 at 6:09 pm.

Stephen Colbert loses to Barack ObamaEarlier today, Marvel teased that purveyor of “truthiness” (and hater of bears) Stephen Colbert had won yesterday’s election for US President in the Marvel Universe. Well, the Merry Marvel Marketing Machine kept tallying votes and… lo and behold, they uncovered a comics controversy!

Much like the 2000 election and controversial recount that gave current president George W. Bush the victory over Al Gore, Stephen Colbert did indeed win the popular vote in Marvel’s America, but still lost the race to President-Elect Barack Obama due to a lack of Electoral Votes.

“We completely forgot the Marvel Universe reflects what happens in the real world,” said Marvel Comics Editor-in-Chief Joe Quesada about the confusion. “Ooops, our bad.”

The publisher released a follow-up image to accompany the announcement — one which pays homage to one of artist John Romita’s well-known interior pages from “Amazing Spider-Man” #50. The revised front page of Marvel’s Daily Bugle newspaper is pictured below:

110508colbertlosescw0.jpg

Hahaha! I can guess what Colbert is going to be ranting about tonight. :D

jag

Colbert takes the popular vote, but Obama takes the electoral vote. Once again proving that the electoral college is full of crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"