Private Division and Obsidian Entertainment's The Outer Worlds for Switch , PS4, Xbox One & PC

If you have Games Pass, you can pre-DL, which is a cool feature that I didn't know you could do.

Yeah, I'll look into it tonight. PC players can start playing on Thursday evening.

When first announced I was very excited for this. But as time passed and more information came out I am not so sure on this. I am just glad this is free on Xbox Game Pass so I do not have to spend the $ and possibly end up disappointed. On top of that still having too much fun with Red Dead Online and with Fallen Order coming out soon (which is not on game pass and I have to spend actually money on.. lol) The wife's eyes are always watching me.. and my spending.

Currently installing now. I've adored everything I've heard about this game this far. Gamepass has been nothing but value for me. Its removed any need to own Xbox hardware ever again.

10 minutes to go... Can't wait to roleplay as low intelligence, high charisma Star Lord. :o

So far so good. Definitely a solid spiritual successor to New Vegas. I'm already enjoyed my time with this more than Fallout 4.

Last edited:
The humour is fantastic. I kept chuckling when you first speak to ADA.

A let's play and first initial impression's thought's video's before the final verdict Review from, victor Lucas of EPN.tv plus news on the switch version of the game

hqdefault.jpg

Let's Play The Outer Worlds! - Electric Playground

1.8K views 1 day ago Published on 10/25/2019
#TheOuterWorlds #Fallout #games

The game Vic has been most excited for in the back half of 2019 is finally here! So Let's Play The Outer Worlds from Fallout: New Vegas developer Obsidian Entertainment!

hqdefault.jpg

The Outer Worlds: First Thoughts Review - Electric Playground

1.5K views 12 hours ago Published on 10/25/2019
#TheOuterWorlds #Fallout #review

It's finally here! Fallout: New Vegas developer Obsidian Entertainment has launched their massive new action-RPG The Outer Worlds,giving players a whole new universe to explore! Victor Lucas has already started playing it, so here are his first impressions!

Lastly

10 hours ago
Obsidian Entertainment Confirms THE OUTER WORLDS Will Come To The Nintendo Switch In 2020
Obsidian Entertainment, the developers of The Outer Worlds, has confirmed that their new open-world role-playing game will release for the Nintendo Switch next year.Read more

source: The Electric Playground Network | EPN& GameFragger.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Trailers and more!

Love every second of this. Obsidian has made another great RPG, unsurprisingly.

Just hit level 9 and finished with the first area. Also encountered an interesting bug regarding a specific NPC (the vicar)...

After completing his mission of retrieving his book, I accepted him in my group even though I'm role-playing an atheist and didn't want a representative of some religion on my ship but XP is still XP.

I later completed the main quest by re-routing the power to Edgewater. Still, I wanted the resistance group to come back and take the town to themselves so I killed everyone including Tobson and the vicar (eh, he went out his church gun blazing at me...)

So back on my ship, I notice the vicar is available on the party screen. Once outside, I can see Parvati but not him even though I can see his (low) health bar. I can hear his voice lines when responding to my commands... Ugh I feel like I have glitched something so I suppose I'll head down to the Obsidian message board.

I didn’t know much about this before but it looks interesting and a few friends are playing it.

I've only played a bit, but I'm enjoying it so far. It reminds me of when I first played Fallout 3 on the 360 11 years ago, which was my 1st game on the 360.

Obsidian is one of the acquired Xbox Studios that I'm most excited about. They could really help Xbox become a Western RPG powerhouse in the coming years, especially as other 3rd party studios like Bethesda and Bioware have lost a lot of their stock and reputation in recent years.

I hope Outer Worlds does well enough that it will develop into a franchise series, with future games now exclusive to Xbox.

I got busy for a bit, so I just started playing today, and so far I like it, but my god, the text in this game is incredibly small. Maybe if I was playing on a PC and I was a few inches away from a monitor, but I'm playing on my Xbox on my couch, and it's really difficult to read some of this text.

Love every second of this. Obsidian has made another great RPG, unsurprisingly.

Just hit level 9 and finished with the first area. Also encountered an interesting bug regarding a specific NPC (the vicar)...

After completing his mission of retrieving his book, I accepted him in my group even though I'm role-playing an atheist and didn't want a representative of some religion on my ship but XP is still XP.

I later completed the main quest by re-routing the power to Edgewater. Still, I wanted the resistance group to come back and take the town to themselves so I killed everyone including Tobson and the vicar (eh, he went out his church gun blazing at me...)

So back on my ship, I notice the vicar is available on the party screen. Once outside, I can see Parvati but not him even though I can see his (low) health bar. I can hear his voice lines when responding to my commands... Ugh I feel like I have glitched something so I suppose I'll head down to the Obsidian message board.

I think the vicar is more than he seems.
What few hints I've been able to pick up makes me think he is an ex con with a violent past. He also proposed to the Church that they be more open minded and accept truth from all sources including banned boks which is why he was stuck at Edgewater. And he is an accomplished hacker also. He wants the book to decipher the Plan, but theres something more to it.

I think the vicar is more than he seems.
What few hints I've been able to pick up makes me think he is an ex con with a violent past. He also proposed to the Church that they be more open minded and accept truth from all sources including banned boks which is why he was stuck at Edgewater. And he is an accomplished hacker also. He wants the book to decipher the Plan, but theres something more to it.
Well, I got him "back" in my party. I traveled back to Edgewater and he revived and can now see him. Now once back on the ship...

Talking to him will unlock his side-quest but it automatically fails because I killed him during my killing spree in Edgewater. Quite a bug, so I'll wait for Obsidian to release a patch later. If not, well no biggie because I can always kick him out of the group and it's like he never joined me (as I originally wanted).

I'm about 20 hours in and I can already tell you folks that this is likely my game of the year, but with that being said there are some major warts here. The game is entirely too easy and it still has that "Baby's first RPG" Bethesda design philosophy despite obsidian not being forced to use Bethesda's tech or having Bethesda's oversight. The game is so easy it makes certain skills pointless, why would you ever put points into defense, leadership or melee? And the time dilation mechanic makes melee useless. Also perks are underwhelming which makes flaws underwhelming, BUT given that the writing, C&C and world building are as good as it gets and my current investment has only been six bucks through official means, I can't really complain too much. Hopefully they'll release a hardcore mode via updates. 9/10

Last edited:
I'm about 20 hours in and I can already tell you folks that this is likely my game of the year, but with that being said there are some major warts here. The game is entirely too easy and it still has that "Baby's first RPG" Bethesda design philosophy despite obsidian not being forced to use Bethesda's tech or having Bethesda's oversight. The game is so easy it makes certain skills pointless, why would you ever put points into defense, leadership or melee? And the time dilation mechanic makes melee useless. Also perks are underwhelming, BUT given that the writing, C&C and world building are as good as it gets and my current investment has only been six bucks through official means, I can't really complain too much. Hopefully they'll release a hardcore mode via updates. 9/10
Are you playing on Supernova difficulty? At first I wanted to play on that mode, but decided to go with Hard for my first playthrough so I can learn the game mechanics beforehand. I do agree it's a bit easy even with two flaws out of three that I've accepted thus far.

Are you playing on Supernova difficulty? At first I wanted to play on that mode, but decided to go with Hard for my first playthrough so I can learn the game mechanics beforehand. I do agree it's a bit easy even with two flaws out of three that I've accepted thus far.
I originally started on hard and went to supernova. Its still too easy because you're flooded with resources and combat is still a cakewalk. Most of the changes in that mode are a mild inconvenience at best and I have yet to lose a combat encounter. Hardcore mode In New Vegas was definitely harder.

Video show case with the developers & Final video Review verdict's From EPN.tv & Easy Allies

hqdefault.jpg

The Outer Worlds Review - Electric Playground
4.7K views 2 weeks ago 28 Oct 2019
#OuterWorlds #Obsidian #Fallout

Victor Lucas has spent all weekend on Halcyon, so he's finally ready to bring us his final review of Obsidian's massive new action-RPG The Outer Worlds!

Fallowing that

Frame Trap - Episode 93 "Far Out Fallout"
26K views 2 weeks ago 28 Oct 2019

Note: The people below us were playing live music which is audible during the Outer Worlds conversation. Sorry if it takes away from your enjoyment of the episode and we will try to schedule future episodes in a way that avoids this happening. This episode of Frame Trap is packed with heavy hitters including Outer Worlds, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Destiny 2, and more.

TIMESTAMPS

07:15 - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

Click here to watch >>30:20<< - The Outer Worlds

01:02:15 - Caught in a Frame Trap: Making predictions

01:28:00 - Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair

01:42:13 - Destiny 2: Shadowkeep
01:56:54 - A Plague Tale: Innocence
02:08:25 - Watchmen

02:18:40 - HOTTAKE: Trying to make sense of Fallout 1st

02:41:39 - Emails

The Outer Worlds - Developer Showcase
14K views 3 weeks ago 23 Oct 2019

Obsidian's Leonard Boyarsky and Mikey Dowling stop by the studio to show off some of The Outer Worlds and chat with Bloodworth who's working on the review. (Streamed Oct 22, 2019)

The Outer Worlds - Easy Allies Review
61K views 2 weeks ago 29 Oct 2019

The Outer Worlds expertly brings all of its pieces together to let you carve your own story through this dystopian society, with a crew of intriguing companions at your side.

Written by Daniel Bloodworth Video Edited by Brandon Jones Reviewed on Xbox One X Available on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One Coming to Switch Subtitles

source: The Electric Playground Network | EPN&Easy Allies

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"