Public Enemies

Saw this last night on blu-ray and thought, while flawed, it was a damn good movie, the performances from Depp, Bale, Crudup and Collitard were all superb, as was my fellow scouser Stephen Graham as Baby Face Nelson.

The story had some flow problems, and jumped around a bit at times, but on the whole, the movie was brilliant and kept me riveted throughout. I think this movie will reward repeat viewings so can only see people thinking better of it over time.

9/10 for me.

This movie is Just like Maimi Vice, great shots and nice gun action but the movie is just not good. I expected a rebound from Mann but this movie just doesn't do it.

Yeah, love the movie. Supes & Bats teaming up for truth, justice... And Power Girl, damn! ....Oops wrong forum, my bad. lol

This movie is Just like Maimi Vice, great shots and nice gun action but the movie is just not good. I expected a rebound from Mann but this movie just doesn't do it.

Never saw Miamo Vice but feel this movie is very under-rated, surprised hearing the negatvie comments about it after seeing it.

I loved Miami Vice.

It was a subtle film, when people expected/wanted an action film. A car chase and atleast two more gunfights would have done the trick.

^I never had any interest in it to watch it to be honest, so just never, thought PE was a great movie though.

Man, I can't wait to get this on Blu-ray. The digital picture should look amazing and hearing those tommy guns in high-def is going to make my ears bleed.

^The sound is great with the guns, the voices are low in some scene's though, I still done know what is said in some scene's after watching it twice.

I wonder how much of Miami Vice's problem was the marketing.

I mean, if you fool people into expecting an action thriller...you'd better deliver on that, no?

I'd love to see Mann just go crazy with another full on shootout like he did with HEAT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"