• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

quick someone sign this guy to the he-man movie

the_ultimate_evil

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.
Reaction score
http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3580&Itemid=99

Video: Writer/Director Kaare Andrews Wants He-Man PDF Print E-mail
Written by Robert Sanchez
Thursday, 25 October 2007

Just days after Mark Millar openly told fans around the world that he wants to take a crack at Superman, comic book writer and filmmaker Kaare Andrews (Spiderman, the Incredible Hulk, X-Men) is ready to pitch He-Man and we have the video presentation to prove it.

Readers of this site know that I am a huge He-Man fan. Looking back at the original TV show I agree that it was campy and a bit cheesy but our memories of the show are far different.

When I recall the show I remember being that 10 year old kid who was transported to Eternia, I would play with my action figures as I watched the cartoons, we imagined bigger and greater battles.

I became a storyteller when I played with my action figures, as our bedrooms became battlefields, as we spent countless of hours emerged in that world.

Now as an adult I remember He-Man and the Masters of the Universe as something more than just a toy and cartoon series. It was Lord of the Rings and Star Wars combined.

Now Warner Bros. along with Joel Silver is getting ready to make their vision of He-Man. Will screenwriter Justin Marks get the story right? I hope so, I hope he understands that He-Man/MOTU is special to millions of fans around the world.

What scares me is that it appears to me that Joel Silver is not a fan of “genre,” he’s a business man before a filmmaker.

He-Man is also special for Kaare Andrews and he has made a very cool animated presentation/pitch of his vision for Masters of the Universe.

Kaare has this to say bout He-Man:

Where I grew up we didn’t get He-Man on television. We had to rent them on VHS. It made the show special… gave each episode an importance. I watched them mostly when I was staying with my Dad. I’m not sure why. Maybe my Mom didn’t have a VCR yet. I had a lot of the toys. My favorites were Battle Armor He-Man and Battle-Ram. I had He-Man bed sheets. I had the Paninni He-Man sticker book. I bought the comicbooks. My Mom sewed me a He-Man Halloween costume. And when I was supposed to ‘grow out’ of my toys my little brother carried on the tradition. I don’t believe in trying to intellectualize childhood experiences. Obviously it had something to do with power fantasies, imagination and storytelling. But I prefer to think of that time in simple words. Because simple is powerful. And He-Man was the most powerful in the Universe.

He gets it, I hope that Warner Bros. gets it too. Kaare put this presentation together in one weeks time and out of his own pocket, pretty bad ass.

Click on the player to check out Kaare’s vision for He-Man.

the videos on the site

looks like 300.....

lol

but wow that was cool
(video)

I liked what I saw...:o but of course this guy probably won't be directing it, so it is a ****ing mute point.

But hey, look on the bright side...there's like a 99.9% chance Boll won't be directing He-Man.

it looks like a good start as a concept. is this going to be a cgi animated film or one with actors?

That was really about all that I liked about it sadly.

yeah, i also liked the shot of skeletor.

It looked pretty decent, I like his concept for skeletor, that was pretty awesome.

its basically a storyboard for what he would do if he got the gig

Update:
Kaare Andrews explained to He-Man.org the purpose of this clip:
"This is a kind of conceptual piece for a live action film. This is a new technology I call Go-Cons or 'animated conceptual paintings' and represents the tone and scope of the world, not the actual end product. It was pulled together in a little over a week with a small (but talented) team. Just imagine this as an epic live action feature with a budget and full team."

www.he-man.org

kind of interesting. the animation is a little to x-box for my taste, but a neat idea.

me likey If it is a mock up for a live action film. :woot:

of course if the movie was live action and had the look of that concept it would be perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"