Joel Silver to produce He-Man movie

You get rid of Battle Cat, Orko and reimagines of the original costumes, you may as well call it something else.

orko.jpg

You get rid of Battle Cat, Orko and reimagines of the original costumes, you may as well call it something else.

orko.jpg

agreed take away two key characters and change the looks and it would suck, hell it would just be batman and robin all over again

I'm inclined to agree with terry and utlimate evil.

they could probably do away with Orko, but they have to keep Battle Cat. this He-Man doesnt have to ride him, but a badass tiger as a side kick would totally rock.

this could be good... i loved the old dalph version for what it was, but i agree that this one needs to be set in Eternia, but updates for sure need to be made. giant green tiger that you ride around? lame. little floating fairy wizard? lame. the costumes? mega-lame.
You're joking, right???
They're both important characters that need to be in it.
Orko could be done like Gollum and Battle Cat could be done like the polar bear in The Golden Compass.

Your issues with Orko is that he's goofy, right? Well, usually when they make live action versions of these things, they keep them somewhat on the comedic side, but Orko is actually a very powerful being, he just can't control the magic he possesses.

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/791/791404p1.html

He-Man Movie Confirmed

Warners, Silver reteam for new Masters.
by Stax

US, May 23, 2007 - As first reported last week, producer Joel Silver and Warner Bros. are indeed teaming for a new big-screen version of the cartoon/toy/comic book franchise He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. The producer and the studio previously collaborated on the Matrix and Lethal Weapon franchises, as well as on V for Vendetta and The Reaping.

Variety says this He-Man, to be scripted by Justin Marks from an idea by Marks and co-producer Neil Ellice, "was pitched to the studio and Mattel as a classic good vs. evil battle, using the kind of visual effects strategy employed in 300. A warrior is touted as the last hope of a magical land called Eternia, which is being ravaged by technology and a despotic ruler named Skeletor. Many of the characters in the universe will be informed by the four different cartoon series done since the 1980s."

The trade claims the Warners-Silver deal with He-Man toy maker Mattel "is contingent on Mattel formally approving an outline for the project." Despite rumors online, Variety says the title role has not been cast.

The trade adds that, in addition to He-Man and Super Max, Marks is also scripting the Voltron movie and a new film version of the videogame Street Fighter.

they need orko,mainly for the purpose he was created for in the toon, for the kids to releate and a comic relief

and again the movies been comfrimed 100's of times, dont believe anything untill we get set shots

This from the Dark Horizon kinda worries me a bit: The new version reimagines the property as Prince Adam (He-Man) being a solider who stumbles upon the magical world Eternia where the evil Skeletor is using a technology-fueled army to wipe out all traces of magic.

For one, Skeletor should be a magic user not trying to wipe it out. He wanted power above all else through magic. Prince Adam should be from Eternia not finding it by accident.

This from the Dark Horizon kinda worries me a bit: The new version reimagines the property as Prince Adam (He-Man) being a solider who stumbles upon the magical world Eternia where the evil Skeletor is using a technology-fueled army to wipe out all traces of magic.

For one, Skeletor should be a magic user not trying to wipe it out. He wanted power above all else through magic. Prince Adam should be from Eternia not finding it by accident.
I agree.

Wouldn't fans just get mad again at the same lack of the above, most of which was missing from the old Dolph Lundgren version?

who cares?

i've said it 8,000 times, but:

just because something is the 'original', or 'classic', doesn't mean it's going to work on screen. especially when developing a cartoon or comic that's so old. times change. end of story.

But what's the point of making a He-Man film if people can't recognize it as He-Man?

Oh come the **** on damn it. He's supposed to be the prince of Eternia

a pampered young man that suddenly gets a huge responsabiblity in his hands by being named the savior of Eternia and by being given the magic sword.

They're gonna **** it again. It just pisses me off. He's a soldier? yea? where the hell from.

Next thing they're gonna give his mother's origin to him they'll say he came accidentaly in a spaceship from earth. Battle cat needs to be in it and where's this coming that He shouldn't ride battlecat? Of course he should remember the orc captain riding the warg in ROTK? how cool that looked. Well imagine a shoulder armored, cool sword wielding he-man riding on a dark green gray shinny armored giant tiger creature. Just Badass and unbelievably cool. Oh and Battlecat doesn't have to talk.

Iamagine battlecat and orko done by Weta.:yay:

To be honest, I'd like to see a He-Man movie based on the original illustrated little books that came with the Masters of the Universe action figures before the cartoon was made. In the first 4 or 5 of these booklets, it was revealed that He-Man was a member of a barbarian tribe who left his people to go fight the growing menace of Skeletor. Impressed with his strength and bravery, the Sorceress (who had green skin and a snake-head motif to her costume) gives He-Man a strength-increasing harness and access to the futuristic weapons hidden in Castle Greyskull. He-Man has half of the fabled "Power Sword" while Skeletor has the other half and constantly tries to steal He-Man's half from the castle.

Of course, the cartoon premiered about a year after the toys first came out and the original storyline was abandoned in favor of the Prince Adam/King Randor/Queen Marlena concept. Since that's what everyone thinks of when they see He-Man, that's the way the movie will be - I understand that.

But since a live-action He-Man movie must resemble the cartoon, I demand to see Lizard-Man!

lizardmanmy3.jpg

^Was he a good guy or a bad guy?

I want to see Man-E-Faces,he was one of my favorites.

Reminds me of the premise of Ralph Bakshi's Wizards.

wizards.jpg

Did they learn nothing from the first movie? I don't understand why these people decide to get the rights to these properties and feel they have to change everything about them to make people like it, it's like they have no respect for the property or the fans so why make it. And say what you want but if it wasn't for the dedicated fans the studio's would have no interest in these properties, the fans are the ones that keep these properties going so I don't understand the feeling that they have to alienate them. The story of He-Man does not need to be drastically changed for people to like it, it just needs a good writer that can enhance an already good story. I guess I will never get the great He-Man movie I would have liked. :csad: :cmad: :csad: :cmad:

To be honest, I'd like to see a He-Man movie based on the original illustrated little books that came with the Masters of the Universe action figures before the cartoon was made. In the first 4 or 5 of these booklets, it was revealed that He-Man was a member of a barbarian tribe who left his people to go fight the growing menace of Skeletor. Impressed with his strength and bravery, the Sorceress (who had green skin and a snake-head motif to her costume) gives He-Man a strength-increasing harness and access to the futuristic weapons hidden in Castle Greyskull. He-Man has half of the fabled "Power Sword" while Skeletor has the other half and constantly tries to steal He-Man's half from the castle.

Of course, the cartoon premiered about a year after the toys first came out and the original storyline was abandoned in favor of the Prince Adam/King Randor/Queen Marlena concept. Since that's what everyone thinks of when they see He-Man, that's the way the movie will be - I understand that.

But since a live-action He-Man movie must resemble the cartoon, I demand to see Lizard-Man!

lizardmanmy3.jpg

I wouldn't mind seeing a story like the mini comics either.

Did they learn nothing from the first movie? I don't understand why these people decide to get the rights to these properties and feel they have to change everything about them to make people like it, it's like they have no respect for the property or the fans so why make it. And say what you want but if it wasn't for the dedicated fans the studio's would have no interest in these properties, the fans are the ones that keep these properties going so I don't understand the feeling that they have to alienate them. The story of He-Man does not need to be drastically changed for people to like it, it just needs a good writer that can enhance an already good story. I guess I will never get the great He-Man movie I would have liked. :csad: :cmad: :csad: :cmad:
That's kind of how I feel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"